Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts black jersey?

CR91

Black unis seem “old”now.  The color rush blue is better than black, imo.

The nfl should allow home and away helmets to go with unis, as well as a 3rd uni for “special” stuff.  I prefer throwback unis here.

I’d like to see thebluecolor rush withblue helmet and whiteshoefor home. Think blue like matte of purple vikings, or “chrome-blue” like jets green helmets.  But i’d leave road whites alone except for black shoes, and possibly white or blue facemask.  Gray is boring.

the stripe down middle of helmet could be “jazzed up” perhaps.  Double or triple stripe?  Or maybe an image/stripe made of horsehoes (like a stampede) or a subtle horse mane ( think of how seattle uses the whaletail images in striping, etc.  i also thought shoulder stripes could be horse shoes wrapping around.

I wouldn't do much, just a subtle detail or two.

And while i like the idea behind the new “C” image, i too dont care much for it.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

I've listened to these guys, but I've never heard of the colts releasing an alternative black jersey.

I hate to be a downer but that Uni is so ugly.  So much for even staying close to tradition.  Thank goodness they didn't touch the helmet.  

I'm a new Colts fan, as most of you now know, but I've thought for years that the best Colts "throwback" uniform would be the regular white uniform, but with EVERYONE wearing the Johnny U black hightops. That would look so cool to me to see the whole team run out on the field in black hightops. Heck, the coaches and support staff on the field could all wear them, too.

14 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Black unis seem “old”now.  The color rush blue is better than black, imo.

The nfl should allow home and away helmets to go with unis, as well as a 3rd uni for “special” stuff.  I prefer throwback unis here.

I’d like to see thebluecolor rush withblue helmet and whiteshoefor home. Think blue like matte of purple vikings, or “chrome-blue” like jets green helmets.  But i’d leave road whites alone except for black shoes, and possibly white or blue facemask.  Gray is boring.

the stripe down middle of helmet could be “jazzed up” perhaps.  Double or triple stripe?  Or maybe an image/stripe made of horsehoes (like a stampede) or a subtle horse mane ( think of how seattle uses the whaletail images in striping, etc.  i also thought shoulder stripes could be horse shoes wrapping around.

I wouldn't do much, just a subtle detail or two.

And while i like the idea behind the new “C” image, i too dont care much for it.

The blue color rush uniforms with those throw back plain blue helmets with the white horse shoe in the back would be a cool alternative look in my opinion.  A little flair but still keeping with the Colts history and tradition.  I’m a traditionalist when it comes to the Colts uni so I prefer leaving things as they are. However, if they must have an alternative look that would be one I could go for. 

37 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The blue color rush uniforms with those throw back plain blue helmets with the white horse shoe in the back would be a cool alternative look in my opinion.  A little flair but still keeping with the Colts history and tradition.  I’m a traditionalist when it comes to the Colts uni so I prefer leaving things as they are. However, if they must have an alternative look that would be one I could go for. 

I like the blue throwback helmet too but the blue doesnt really match any of the blues we use.  That shiny “chrome-blue” , similar to the jets green with the two choes on back is cool.  I think i still prefer the big shoe on the sides.

I wasnt crazy about the color rush at first, and i never thought i’d like anything but the traditional white helmet.  However, the blue color rush has really grown on me as a home uni.  But the white helmet doesnt work.   All blue would blend in with the blue walls too.  Some small black accents with white could be cool with the all-blue look too.

Archived