Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Windsor and Patmon

CR91

16 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Every team needs the high energy, blue collar, lunch pail brawler.......Windsor is that guy.

I still believe Patmon makes the roster and produces a solid rookie season.

I like Patmon from what’s been put out there about him but man, the numbers are definitely against him making it this season. TY, Campbell and Pittman are guaranteed. Pascal is almost a certainty too. Fountain, Dullin and Johnson will all have familiarity in the system already and the coaches know where they are at in the development zone. Patmon will have such a short window to come in and impress in order to move one of those guys, if not 2, out of the way to make the team. 

what may, I say may, happen is that the team gets him on the PS for the season and sees how this current make up works out. Can anyone step up to replace TY in order to let him move on and spend the cap elsewhere? Then, the following year you have Campbell, Pittman, Fountain, Dullin and Patmon and if need be, you could either draft another guy or resign TY or Pascal/Johnson, whichever guy shines  and still be good to go. 

all of this is just my random thoughts not a prediction. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I like Patmon from what’s been put out there about him but man, the numbers are definitely against him making it this season. TY, Campbell and Pittman are guaranteed. Pascal is almost a certainty too. Fountain, Dullin and Johnson will all have familiarity in the system already and the coaches know where they are at in the development zone. Patmon will have such a short window to come in and impress in order to move one of those guys, if not 2, out of the way to make the team. 

what may, I say may, happen is that the team gets him on the PS for the season and sees how this current make up works out. Can anyone step up to replace TY in order to let him move on and spend the cap elsewhere? Then, the following year you have Campbell, Pittman, Fountain, Dullin and Patmon and if need be, you could either draft another guy or resign TY or Pascal/Johnson, whichever guy shines  and still be good to go. 

Its nice to see a position of weakness suddenly go to one where a good player is going to have to be cut. Pascal is the 4th receiver; no doubt about that. He's has reliable hands and is a solid blocker. But I also believe the Colts will keep 6 receivers. Because of that, in a close competition, special team standouts are going to have an advantage. Which is why, despite what might at first seem like long odds, Dulin could very well make the 53 man roster, with Fountain, Patmon and Johnson fighting it out for the last spot. 

4 hours ago, Hoose said:

Its nice to see a position of weakness suddenly go to one where a good player is going to have to be cut. Pascal is the 4th receiver; no doubt about that. He's has reliable hands and is a solid blocker. But I also believe the Colts will keep 6 receivers. Because of that, in a close competition, special team standouts are going to have an advantage. Which is why, despite what might at first seem like long odds, Dulin could very well make the 53 man roster, with Fountain, Patmon and Johnson fighting it out for the last spot. 

True statement and Patmon is on record as saying he's played special teams before on the coverage units.

6 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Based on special teams alone, Dulin and Patmon have played them. I do not believe Johnson or Fountain did in college or the pro's.....yet

8 hours ago, Hoose said:

Yeah, I definitely agree with all of this. 

19 hours ago, Hoose said:

So i would see Patmon getting the spot over Johnson. I like Johnson btw.
  And a good chance someone gets dinged and it sorts this out.

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

So i would see Patmon getting the spot over Johnson. I like Johnson btw.
  And a good chance someone gets dinged and it sorts this out.

I agree as well as it sits on paper and potential. I think Johnson has a great skill set with size and speed and he seems like he is on the edge of being a capable starter or at least a valuable back up player. He isn’t “jump of the chart” measurables though like Patmon shows right now though. I hope one of the bottom roster guys has a showing this offseason to make the decisions easier. 

I would love for teams to be able to carry more players on their team for depth and development than what they do now for cases like this. Hate to see teams getting players with questions and need to development almost there and then having to choose do we cut bait now and draft a new development or stick with him as it looks like he is on the right path? I’d like to see the 53 go to 60 with a protected 10 PS players and an additional 10 unprotected players.  

10 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I agree as well as it sits on paper and potential. I think Johnson has a great skill set with size and speed and he seems like he is on the edge of being a capable starter or at least a valuable back up player. He isn’t “jump of the chart” measurables though like Patmon shows right now though. I hope one of the bottom roster guys has a showing this offseason to make the decisions easier. 

I would love for teams to be able to carry more players on their team for depth and development than what they do now for cases like this. Hate to see teams getting players with questions and need to development almost there and then having to choose do we cut bait now and draft a new development or stick with him as it looks like he is on the right path? I’d like to see the 53 go to 60 with a protected 10 PS players and an additional 10 unprotected players.  

Being able to protect say 5 of a teams PS players for the 1st 8-10 games would have been helpful.
  I did really like it that there is now some ability to call guys up and not have to put them on the waiver wire to send them back to the PS.

19 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Being able to protect say 5 of a teams PS players for the 1st 8-10 games would have been helpful.
  I did really like it that there is now some ability to call guys up and not have to put them on the waiver wire to send them back to the PS.

The league is making some progress there but unlike the MLB with having all those feeder leagues and developing guys for the big show, the NFL has nothing to really develop a guy who just isn’t ready to shine right out of college and because of the numbers, they just get kicked out and we never see if anyone has the ability to shine 2-3 seasons in competition and quality coaching, S&C and nutrition programs that are found in the NFL.

I’m still baffled how the NFL has never been able or willing to get a developmental league up and running. I know that baseball bodies take way less of a physical pounding but you would think with determination and the NFL backing, they could get a 8-12 team minor league football team going. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

The league is making some progress there but unlike the MLB with having all those feeder leagues and developing guys for the big show, the NFL has nothing to really develop a guy who just isn’t ready to shine right out of college and because of the numbers, they just get kicked out and we never see if anyone has the ability to shine 2-3 seasons in competition and quality coaching, S&C and nutrition programs that are found in the NFL.

I’m still baffled how the NFL has never been able or willing to get a developmental league up and running. I know that baseball bodies take way less of a physical pounding but you would think with determination and the NFL backing, they could get a 8-12 team minor league football team going. 

The NFL does have a developing league, it's called college. Each team does have walk on players too.

With the GMs and their drafting crews they start with around 3500 players they will look at during the season. The ones who find the best 65 players available to them have the best chance at finding NFL caliber players. 

Why should the NFL pay for developing leagues when it cost them nothing to pick from the colleges? 

The NFL is no different than any other sport, you cant expect every player on the team to be elite. That's why they call them elite in the first place. :dunno:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

The NFL does have a developing league, it's called college. Each team does have walk on players too.

With the GMs and their drafting crews they start with around 3500 players they will look at during the season. The ones who find the best 65 players available to them have the best chance at finding NFL caliber players. 

Why should the NFL pay for developing leagues when it cost them nothing to pick from the colleges? 

The NFL is no different than any other sport, you cant expect every player on the team to be elite. That's why they call them elite in the first place. :dunno:

:wall::wall::wall:

Archived