Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

Colts sign Danny Pinter

I have no doubt this guy will carve out a place on this team.  The scouts and Ballard light up talking about him.

• Like 2

Congrats to him. 

Something Ballard said during the press-conference - he said they were trying to trade up for him for about 30 minutes before he ultimately fell down to us. This sounds very similar to what they did with Khari Willis last year so... I guess my point is... it's possible they have higher hopes for him than what most 5th rounders would usually inspire... it's also possible he's closer to being ready to play than most people would assume. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Congrats to him. 

Something Ballard said during the press-conference - he said they were trying to trade up for him for about 30 minutes before he ultimately fell down to us. This sounds very similar to what they did with Khari Willis last year so... I guess my point is... it's possible they have higher hopes for him than what most 5th rounders would usually inspire... it's also possible he's closer to being ready to play than most people would assume. 

I think Glow has two years left on his contact. Could be a nice developmental guy to eventually take over that roll.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Congrats to him. 

We use a lot of quick thinking and movement with our line to create gaps.
 If Painter has enough power to handle bull rushes he could be ready to go pretty quickly.
So i am liking this pick more and more.

• Like 1

Pinter, imho, was drafted to replace Glow. Glow will likely be a cap casualty by next off-season.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I really loved this pick! I honestly think he is going to push glowinski hard for that starting RG spot

On 5/12/2020 at 6:36 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Pinter, imho, was drafted to replace Glow. Glow will likely be a cap casualty by next off-season.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:25 PM, HectorRoberts said:

I really loved this pick! I honestly think he is going to push glowinski hard for that starting RG spot

Yep and yep. Let's hope! 

I’m pulling for him. Always glad to see a Cardinal represent.

PFF is not everybody's cup of tea when it comes to evaluations, however, I find this tweet very interesting.

2 years at TE and 2 years at OT and graduated rated as the #1 RT and the #2 overall Tackle in the NCAA last year. I look forward to seeing his growth in the NFL at Guard.

How does Ballard find these guys.....better yet, how do other GM's look over these guys?

Glow better be watching his 6.....lol

13 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

PFF is not everybody's cup of tea when it comes to evaluations, however, I find this tweet very interesting.

2 years at TE and 2 years at OT and graduated rated as the #1 RT and the #2 overall Tackle in the NCAA last year. I look forward to seeing his growth in the NFL at Guard.

How does Ballard find these guys.....better yet, how do other GM's look over these guys?

Glow better be watching his 6.....lol

Probably the main reason is he played in the Mid American Conference, and Ball State isn’t exactly a football factory... We’ve had some talent though over the past decade at least.