Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I have heard of so many seating and contingency plans...

chad72

I heard of NFL opening at 25% capacity, 50% capacity etc. and it got me thinking. 

Do they seat every third seat only? Do they prioritize season ticket holders only? How many season ticket holders exist currently with the Colts? Do they keep families together?

Do they revise seating arrangements once they identify who they are seating? Does that mean someone sitting in section 300 could end up in 400 or 600? How will this even work? Do they refund the season tickets entirely for those that refuse their new seating arrangements or refund the difference between what they paid and what they get if they accept?

Maybe I am missing something, but I am sure if I opened it up for discussion, better ideas may be exchanged from my forum friends. Thoughts???

8 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I say sell tickets to anyone who wants to go and don’t feel that they are at risk and let those who are at risk watch from home...problem solved GIF

I think you missed his point..

37 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I heard of NFL opening at 25% capacity, 50% capacity etc. and it got me thinking. 

Do they seat every third seat only? Do they prioritize season ticket holders only? How many season ticket holders exist currently with the Colts? Do they keep families together?

Do they revise seating arrangements once they identify who they are seating? Does that mean someone sitting in section 300 could end up in 400 or 600? How will this even work? Do they refund the season tickets entirely for those that refuse their new seating arrangements or refund the difference between what they paid and what they get if they accept?

Maybe I am missing something, but I am sure if I opened it up for discussion, better ideas may be exchanged from my forum friends. Thoughts???

I wondered the same thing. My brother and I were thinking about grabbing tickets but there's so much uncertainty at this point. We're really debating it. We save a ton of money this year if we go.

Ticket prices are outrageous.. I wanted to go the bears game but they are so expensive. Over $200 for even nosebleed seats. Doesn’t help the fees that come along with them were for 3 tickets were $300 just for the fees.. which they would make these tickets affordable 

I don't think anyone knows this answer yet.  Tomlin is calling for all teams to open up facilities at the same time (which I don't disagree with).

I know in NJ they are opening up beaches (at least certain ones) only to season badge holders, at least to start the summer.

We're going to know a lot more in the coming weeks/months about what states are doing on a state-specific basis and if there are any national protocols handed down in terms of 'social-distancing' and restrictions of access to public areas.

We likely won't have much of an idea until mid-Summer about what's going on in terms of 'flattening the curve.'  

I, for one, right now am just hoping we have a football season so I don't have to watch reruns of Sports.  I thought the UFC was cool the other night (I actually liked that you could hear through TV how hard those guys are hitting eachother, what they are saying to eachother, and what they can hear from coaches and announcers during their fights).  I think it'd be weird to see the NFL play in games without fans or without somewhat packed houses... but, I'm sure Goodell and owners are having these conversations daily and they'll do what's best for the country and fans.  While it doesn't seem like it, this is still a long ways away.  We'll all learn more in the coming days.

Stay safe, Colts Nation!

To keep social distancing in a stadium the capacity would need to be much smaller than 25% surely? People behind and in front of you not just at the side.

And that's even ignoring the logistics of crowding as you get in, come out and how people move around the stadium for bathrooms and concessions.

Think it's a logistical nightmare!

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

I don’t think anyone really knows. Heck, even college football is talking about canceling. 

But back to your question, my guess is they will prioritize season ticket holders, which is fine by me, those people pay the big bucks. I would hope they have a plan to where seniority amongst season ticket holders put them to the top of the list over just seat price. Then space them out, I don’t know how many seats that is that would be skipped and empty nor do I know if they can fill all season ticket holders if spaced out. But it’d be a start

8 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Ticket prices are outrageous.. I wanted to go the bears game but they are so expensive. Over $200 for even nosebleed seats. Doesn’t help the fees that come along with them were for 3 tickets were $300 just for the fees.. which they would make these tickets affordable 

Check the morning of I get a pair of club level tickets for under 300 including fees . Just avoid the first 5 rows you dont get a great view of the field . 

the plan in Indiana is to allow crowds of 250 or more starting july 4th

i dont see how we will go from 250 to 60,000 between July and September so i expect reduced capacity some how.

i think they will play the games even with zero fans if they have to

19 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont see how we will go from 250 to 60,000 between July and September so i expect reduced capacity some how.

I don’t think that is what he said. He talked about July 4th when we are back at 100% I believe. 

Again why is everyone so concerned when we are so many months away. So many things can change. This is why Goodell has instructed teams to not get into what if game. 

21 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Completely arbitrary...but if you add 250 every day...by the opening game...you would have 18,000. That would be 1/4 I think.

I don't see any way there will be fans at these games.

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Probably the most likely case. Even 25% would be 15,000 people.

That would mean our excitement levels would be proportional to what the color commentators generate, I guess.

I would be a big proponent of piping in noise generated from fans zooming into (say) 1000 conferences of about 50 people each with a fee to join. :) 

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

Season ticket holders should get priority, The only way I can see reduced capacity working is via a lottery per section.  and then have available seats in that section.  Groups should be able to sit together (for example if I buy 4 tickets it's for my family and me, so the 4 of us should be able to sit next to each other).  After that lottery is done, start another lottery pool of season ticket holders who are willing to sit in a lesser section.  Then after all that if there are any open seat sections available then sell individual game tickets.

By doing a lottery per section and allowing ticket groups (by mailing address) to sit together you can increase the capacity and increase the chances of people being able to go to multiple games.

26 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Marion County will be least 2 Weeks behind

10 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Season ticket holders should get priority, The only way I can see reduced capacity working is via a lottery per section.  and then have available seats in that section.  Groups should be able to sit together (for example if I buy 4 tickets it's for my family and me, so the 4 of us should be able to sit next to each other).  After that lottery is done, start another lottery pool of season ticket holders who are willing to sit in a lesser section.  Then after all that if there are any open seat sections available then sell individual game tickets.

By doing a lottery per section and allowing ticket groups (by mailing address) to sit together you can increase the capacity and increase the chances of people being able to go to multiple games.

That does make sense. I do think there will be plenty of season ticket holders just happy to get their money back and come back another time while there will also be plenty that will be just happy to go to games with their families to have a sense of normalcy back, IMO. This should accomodate both. 

I am sure plenty of testing, temperature checks and liability waivers would be added to the logistics to help smoothen things out. They might provide hand sanitizers to everyone entering and exiting every section so that they don't have to guess if that person followed good hygiene or not washing their hands before entering that section. They will have to hire plenty of security to guide and direct people to maintain reasonable social distancing, and some of them may even be armed. Lines at food booths might be like airline counters.

My friend always said the first thing you notice when you go to Europe is how many uniformed officers are in public armed at many corners instead of inside a car. It might become a new norm in stadiums for a while.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

i always forget that, im in boone county right outside of marion

two weeks is still several before September but its looking like there wont be many if any fans at first to me

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Probably the most likely case. Even 25% would be 15,000 people.

That would mean our excitement levels would be proportional to what the color commentators generate, I guess.

I would be a big proponent of piping in noise generated from fans zooming into (say) 1000 conferences of about 50 people each with a fee to join. :) 

The elevated level of the crowd noise on TV broadcasts is the one thing that makes TV viewing a problem.  I guess I'm unique, but I don't want to feel like I'm at the game when I'm at home.  I want to feel like I'm at home, so I appreciate the announcers and what they say rather than them having to compete with the crowd noise.  I'm sure the producer of the broadcast makes the crowd noise unfiltered.  The result for me is having to turn the volume way up just to hear what the announcers are saying, making the entire broadcast too loud.

8 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

I don't think anyone knows this answer yet.  Tomlin is calling for all teams to open up facilities at the same time (which I don't disagree with).

Thing is, good luck keeping a distance from anti-trust laws if you govern decision s like this as a single entity, vs. seperately owned businesses in seperate states under different government regulations...

27 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The "plan" is for Marion county to not be two weeks behind any longer by the time six more weeks have passed ...

Archived