Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Teerlinck has passed

CR91

John Teerlinck always came across as uplifting and ready to help the DL guys, every time he was featured. I remember his footage from our SB winning season encouraging our DL guys to keep fighting. 

RIP Coach.  :( 

Sad to see how little fanfare this thread got. But it’s indicative of big John’s legacy here. Mudd, Moore, Dungy, and Polian all get so much credit for the success during that golden era of Colts football, but Teerlinck absolutely deserves to be held in the same regard. I don’t think we’ll ever see a deadly pair like Freeney and Mathis under such an expert coach ever again in the NFL. It was just the perfect fit. Was really sad to see John leave the team, and definitely sad to hear this news. Thanks for everything, coach. 

I had a few interactions with him back in the day. A nice man. Toward the end of one season I mentioned to him that I thought Jonathon Babineaux would be a great fit for the Colts defense. JT’s response was , “Love him, want him”. 

Atlanta took Babineaux the pick before the Colts.  When I saw JT the next season I asked him about it and if the Colts would have taken him next.  He told me they already had Babineaux’s name filled out on the card.  The Colts took Hayden instead. 

Archived