Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next NFL Franchise

danlhart87

On 5/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, danlhart87 said:

I hope San Antonio gets one.

Jags could relocate and stay in South 

What would SA team be called?

I would love if my old hometown got an NFL team, would instantly become my second favorite team! The Raiders supposedly were taking a look at moving there before the Vegas deal happened. I think the state could support another team, the area is growing exponentially. As for a name, San Antonio actually used to have a semi pro football team called the San Antonio Toros and they had a pretty big following, would be cool if they brought that name back! 

image.jpeg

34 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I would love if my old hometown got an NFL team, would instantly become my second favorite team! The Raiders supposedly were taking a look at moving there before the Vegas deal happened. I think the state could support another team, the area is growing exponentially. As for a name, San Antonio actually used to have a semi pro football team called the San Antonio Toros and they had a pretty big following, would be cool if they brought that name back! 

image.jpeg

I have heard the Toros name tossed around the internet

I don't mind it but like change 

Something like the 

San Antonio Scorpions 

or 

San Antonio Stingrays 

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

image.jpeg

That logo looks awesome.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I have heard the Toros name tossed around the internet

I don't mind it but like change 

Something like the 

San Antonio Scorpions 

or 

San Antonio Stingrays 

Oh I get it a new name would be good, but I think for nostalgic purposes a lot of people would think the San Antonio Toros would be cool, IMO.

Those are also great suggestions, although I remember quite vividly being stung by scorpions when I was a kid and unleashing my fury on everyone that I saw after that, lol. Them and those huge fire ants:flaming:

San Antonio is a big military town, and has the Alamo, the name could be influenced by that as well. I’ve heard the Brigadiers thrown out there too. Something like this with San Antonio instead would be cool, again,  IMO......

brigadiers.jpg

or this pluralized....

5ad573f9-1e54-4ce0-a363-b8e94dcc460c.png

On 5/13/2020 at 9:41 AM, Barry Sears said:

I wonder if St. Louis will ever get another chance at an NFL team?

There's not many viable places in my mind that would make sense geographically.  I can see the Bills in Toronto or Montreal be successful.

I agree San Antonio isn't a good fit for several reans already stated.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, The Fish said:

I'll stir the pot a little. Is Indy a very secure host for the Colts into the future? How long do stadiums appease owners these days? 20 years or so (absurd btw)? LOS is 12 years old? 

I'm making no predictions beyond this will be an issue again and the threat of the team leaving will probably be on the table, especially if Jim isn't calling the shots for whatever reason.

(If there's some quiet news about this outlining why my take is bogus, let me know)

The colts in Montréal would be fine with me.  Just 6 hour drive from boston!  

the Montréal Poulain.  (That’s French for colt). Would they put a map of Canada in the C....or P in this case?

hahaha

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

The colts in Montréal would be fine with me.  Just 6 hour drive from boston!  

the Montréal Poulain.  (That’s French for colt). Would they put a map of Canada in the C....or P in this case?

hahaha

ya sure then let's get Pierre Garcon to be our head coach 

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

The Armadillos?? Although it may not strike much fear into opponents because they are a lot like opossums and are scared of everything and not very smart LOL!

e6e1f8f68e926e7a198f07b33c1044a8.jpg

Armadillos carry Lepracy.

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

image.jpeg

San Antonio Gunslingers. Rick Neuheisel can be the coach.

I might get some flak for this but Toronto Canada could definitely support a team, 4th largest city in North America and Canada is hungry for more teams in the big 4 sports. I dont know if anyone seen the Bluejays win back to back in the early 90's the whole country went berserk. Toronto Raptors as well last year. The whole country stops to watch our 1 NBA team and 1 MLB team lol. 

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I might get some flak for this but Toronto Canada could definitely support a team, 4th largest city in North America and Canada is hungry for more teams in the big 4 sports. I dont know if anyone seen the Bluejays win back to back in the early 90's the whole country went berserk. Toronto Raptors as well last year. The whole country stops to watch our 1 NBA team and 1 MLB team lol. 

You won't get any flack Toronto would be a wonderful option

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

San Antonio Gunslingers. Rick Neuheisel can be the coach.

Apparently it’s already a thing, lol....

Pretty sweet logos IMO... probably too violent for today’s NFL though.

4c70c4458de4cf45247e98714277bc44.png

contentrotator635962567751314145.png

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Apparently it’s already a thing, lol....

Pretty sweet logos IMO... probably too violent for today’s NFL though.

4c70c4458de4cf45247e98714277bc44.png

contentrotator635962567751314145.png

It was the USFL gunslingers. Rick Neuheisal was the QB, which is why I said he should be their coach.

(Side note, since you say it’s too PC). The Baltimore Bullets/Washington Bullets were actually named after the Bata Bullet Basketball shoe. The owner of the team owned the Bata Shoe Company in Bata, Md. He bought the Chicago Zephers , moved them to Baltimore, and named Slick Leonard as his first Coach.  They moved, became the Landover Bullets, then won the NBA Championship as the Washington Bullets. Then had to become the Wizards because Bullets was no longer acceptable.  No one remembers that they were the Bata Bullet- competing with the PF Flyer as THE Basketball shoe of the area....

Archived