Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow - Tebow Traded To Jets

Peyton and Eli fan

sometimes I hope we draft RG3 just to see if you disappear.

It is a sad state of affairs if one would hope the team makes a bad decision because one wants to test the fanhood of another fan. I guess you missed the times I have stated that I would continue to root for the Colts, even with Painter as the starter.

That said, I interpreted your comment as a shot on PM, as did FJC.

You interpreted incorrectly.

Your agenda, If I remember correctly was to draft Luck and get rid of Manning. Which means you wanted Luck to get 100% reps. Do you want Lucks backup getting reps instead of Luck?

You remember incorrectly. I was in favor of drafting Luck, and in favor of the Colts' QB1 (whoever it may be) sharing reps of 1s with QB2 (whoever it may be). I am not in favor of any QB1 hogging the reps with 1s to the detriment of sufficiently developing QB2.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are currently 9 links to tebow stories on nfl.com's main page

pic-gun_to_head-2.jpg

I'm so tired of the Tebow business. They just had a bit on my local news station about him. One chick wrote in and said he's better than 75% of the starting QBs in the league. People on the Broncos forum are really glad to be rid of him, just for the fact that all the Tebois will be gone now. They've already started to raid the Jets forum lol.

I just don't understand how such a crap player, can garner such a massive following.

It is a sad state of affairs if one would hope the team makes a bad decision because one wants to test the fanhood of another fan. I guess you missed the times I have stated that I would continue to root for the Colts, even with Painter as the starter.

I dont think picking one over the other really constitutes a huge mistake. If we were to draft RG3 I would be a little dissapointed but I would trust grigs to make the choice over me. Only time will tell that a mistake was made, like most decisions.

You remember incorrectly. I was in favor of drafting Luck, and in favor of the Colts' QB1 (whoever it may be) sharing reps of 1s with QB2 (whoever it may be). I am not in favor of any QB1 hogging the reps with 1s to the detriment of sufficiently developing QB2.

I'm fairly certain I remember correctly. You were in favor of drafting luck and you were in favor of cutting manning. I can't remember a time where you did want QB1 or QB2 to be Peyton Manning. You chose your words carefully to imply otherwise for the sake of this arguement...as usual.

You're alright Frog. LOL.

Where are you from?

00MusicManLogo.JPG

Tebow obviously has good character, but for the record hundreds of NFL players put time, effort and money into charitable endeavors. Frankly I've never heard about anything extraordinary involving him.

Now that Manning fellow on the other hand................

You mean you didn't hear how he brought ONE special person and their family to EVERY home game (and playoff games) last year on his dime and how he spent a minimum of one hour with them after every game win OR lose. THAT IS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND. Say what you want about his QB ability but he puts his actions where his words are better than most.

I foresee several wildcat formations which Tebow will run for the Jets.

I also foresee Tebow making Sanchez work hard in TC.

I still scratch my head with the 40 milliond dollar extension while Sanchez still had 2 years left....now Tebow

I still scratch my head with the 40 milliond dollar extension while Sanchez still had 2 years left....now Tebow

I actually understand the Jets moves somewhat.

They are not that bad of a team to get an early first round pick for the next future franchise QB, so they extend Sanchez a few more years, knowing how "lazy' he has become in his third NFL year. They brought in Tebow to light a fire under Sanchez, so that he will work harder to improve his game.

It is an inefficient method to motivate.

I actually understand the Jets moves somewhat.

They are not that bad of a team to get an early first round pick for the next future franchise QB, so they extend Sanchez a few more years, knowing how "lazy' he has become in his third NFL year. They brought in Tebow to light a fire under Sanchez, so that he will work harder to improve his game.

It is an inefficient method to motivate.

I understand it from a "small business perspectivie" not from an NFL franchise.

If you have to bring in another QB to motivate your QB....then you shouldn't have signed your QB to an extension....maybe you know make him work for it.

I understand it from a "small business perspectivie" not from an NFL franchise.

If you have to bring in another QB to motivate your QB....then you shouldn't have signed your QB to an extension....maybe you know make him work for it.

I agree, that's why I said it was an inefficient method.

The Jets knew that Sanchez would take time to mature into an NFL QB, and that he was raw when they took him.

What I would like to know is the conversation the HC had with the QB coach at that time, regarding how long it will take before expectations could be reasonably be placed on his performance. If he is already overdue, I would not hesitate to trade him, provided I have a NBA (next best alternative) available. But maybe there isn't a NBA.