Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hypothetical Question

Who you starting?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts at QB if Rivers is truly done, Eason or JB

• Jacob Eason
    • Jacoby Brissett
    • Other

So, I have another thread about predictions and a topic keeps coming up about what if Rivers is over the hill. What if he sucks this year or what if he gets hurt. We will suck. 

Well, my question is about something else that was brought up, if those things happen, who steps in to play? Do you play JB or Eason?

I would say I would play Eason because he is possibly the future. But, I would guess the Colts would play JB. 

What are y’all’s thoughts. I’ll slap a pill up also to gauge. 

If Rivers gets injured, it's Jacoby if he's still on the roster. Then likely CK if he's still on the roster... and then maybe Eason. 

I don't see them benching Rivers. Similar to last year, I expect them to stick with Rivers almost no matter what... 

It will be JB, if this unlikely circumstance happens. I love Eason, as most of you know, but he needs a year of development before he comes in to potentially start. Throwing him to the wolves would do nothing but hurt his development. That is why we will keep 3 QBs throughout the season

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Eason should start if Rivers is injured or falls off a cliff. Eason could be really good. Brissett is garbage and should be cut or traded anyway IMO.

Sorry but I trust Ballard and his coaches on who should start in case Rivers does get injured. 

This narrative of Brissett is garbage is old and stale now. Ballard does not think like that so your opinion means little. 

Like it or not, till one of the QBs steps up and takes control in training camp it will stay as it is. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry but I trust Ballard and his coaches on who should start in case Rivers does get injured. 

This narrative of Brissett is garbage is old and stale now. Ballard does not think like that so your opinion means little. 

Like it or not, till one of the QBs steps up and takes control in training camp it will stay as it is. 

Your opinion means just as little as mine. Not sure why you can"t accept when someone doesn't agree with Ballard 100%. Brissett will be gone next year, like it or not. If Ballard says it, you'll like it though.

47 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

It will be JB, if this unlikely circumstance happens. I love Eason, as most of you know, but he needs a year of development before he comes in to potentially start. Throwing him to the wolves would do nothing but hurt his development. That is why we will keep 3 QBs throughout the season

Ask Peyton if playing his rookie year helped his development.  Just because you may struggle as a rookie does not guarantee anything but a learning experience.  It's all individual, it may help or hurt... but who knows. Just like @Myles could not tell if the question was based for this year. Either way I voted Eason. Jacoby has had almost 2 full years starting and full camps...

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Your opinion means just as little as mine. Not sure why you can"t accept when someone doesn't agree with Ballard 100%. Brissett will be gone next year, like it or not. If Ballard says it, you'll like it though.

What you don't understand with Brissett it's not my opinion. It's Ballard's opinion and he is the one running the show. 

At this point you can't say with certainty what will happen or wont happen next season. 

I think Ballard is one of the top GMs in the league and I sure as hades pay attention to him more than you when you base your opinion on a hatred point of view. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What you don't understand with Brissett it's not my opinion. It's Ballard's opinion and he is the one running the show. 

At this point you can't say with certainty what will happen or wont happen next season. 

I think Ballard is one of the top GMs in the league and I sure as hades pay attention to him more than you when you base your opinion on a hatred point of view. 

Yes, I hate wasting $21 million on a backup QB. That could go towards quality depth on the O-Line. Brissett is not 21 times better than Eason or even Kelly. Horrible overpay. 

I can say with 99.9% certainty Brissett isn't coming back. You can have your 0.1% and hope. My probability Vs your possibility.

Ballard is absolutely one of the top GM's in the league. He's still human and makes mistakes. You hold him to this God-Like status where I don't. That's what separates us. i can judge him without an extreme bias.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Eason should start if Rivers is injured or falls off a cliff. Eason could be really good. Brissett is garbage and should be cut or traded anyway IMO.

Wooooooo...slow the boat.  I really believe Eason is on the clock in terms of what the Colts will be expecting from him.  We don't even know if he will b a Colt at the start of the season. 

I voted JB, simply because he has been on the team for a while and a great backup. Having said that if he comes in and lays a stinker, I would roll with Eason at that point. I am not sure our Coach/GM believe in Kelly at this point. I say that because if they did he would've started the last 2 games of last season when those were meaningless games.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Please, boys.  Don't start up again...

:lecture:

depends on the timing during the season.

Regardless, it's likely JB. I'd prefer JE or CK though. We already know what we have with JB, and frankly we're not going far with him as a starter. I'd prefer to move towards the future than limp in the present.... Give me experience for the young, and perhaps a better draft pick...

Archived