Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

The last matchup didn't fare so well but these is different teams and this is a different year.......which prolly means the outcome will be the same.......or it will be different.  IDK, when I shook my Magic 8-Ball it said "Reply hazy, Try again".  Maybe I'll go see the local fortune teller?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd take the under in a heartbeat.  We haven't won in JAX in like 5 years, right?  New QB in a shortened offseason and we typically start slow anyway.  I'm not sure I'd even put money on us winning this one.  I think we should win this... but recent history is against us 2x here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 11:02 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

Take the Jags +8.  Colts usually struggle down there. 

But Philip doesn't - he's only lost there twice (the last time was in overtime) in 9 career games against the Jaguars and he's never lost to them in his home stadium. Rivers is 6-2 at Jacksonville and only 1 of those games was decided by less than 2 touchdowns.

 

I was at that game in 2015. The Chargers were up 31-19 with only 1:37 left, and Jaguars stop us on 3rd down & 10 from our 34 yard line. We line up in punt formation, and they don’t even put anyone back to receive, indicating that they intend to sell out to block it. At this point, the Chargers have several options (call timeout to discuss, put the offense back on the field, move the punter back farther than usual, ect.) but they do none of them. Shockingly, (I say in jest) the punt is easily blocked but at least we prevent them from advancing with the recovery. This takes 7 seconds, so the Jags have the ball at our 14 and they score a touchdown in 2 plays, taking only 9 seconds. They miss the extra point, so they’re still down by 6 and need to recover the onside kick but if they do, they have almost a minute & ½ to get another touchdown to tie, and a successful extra point would win the game at that point.

 

The kickoff only traveled 9 yards and was knocked sideways out of bounds by one of our players, giving the Chargers the ball with 1:21 left, and Jacksonville already out of timeouts so all we had to do was kneel twice, and “escape” with the win that ended up a whole lot closer than it should’ve been. The Chargers fired their special teams coach a few days later.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

My money is on the game being cancelled unfortunately.

I think the worst case, you have the game with no spectators......

 

The TV money is enormous.....

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

I think the worst case, you have the game with no spectators......

 

The TV money is enormous.....

NFL doesn't care if a fan comes to the game....It's all about that TV money.

 

You spot on Mike

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The jaguars are one of the worst teams in the league on paper right now.  

 

i know they beat the colts recently but we made a lot of additions to win now and they are rebuilding 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

The jaguars are one of the worst teams in the league on paper right now.  

 

i know they beat the colts recently but we made a lot of additions to win now and they are rebuilding 

I don't think many are saying we will lose but they are saying 8 points is a lot because they always seem to play us well. Even Blake Bortles used to kick our butt from time to time. I could see a score of something like 24-17 in that area that is why that 8 number is tricky being more than a TD.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Introspect said:

NFL doesn't care if a fan comes to the game....It's all about that TV money.

 

You spot on Mike

You are both dreaming of you think tv money is going to win over thousands more deaths. Sure, it may be under control by then, but do not count on it. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

You are both dreaming of you think tv money is going to win over thousands more deaths. Sure, it may be under control by then, but do not count on it. 

it doesnt need to be completely under control, just enough to have gatherings as big as two teams.  if they have to add extra measures to distance them than they will

 

the nba was caught off guard last year the nfl will learn from that and do what it takes to play this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it doesnt need to be completely under control, just enough to have gatherings as big as two teams.  if they have to add extra measures to distance them than they will

 

the nba was caught off guard last year the nfl will learn from that and do what it takes to play this year

So what happens if even one player from any team tests positive? Will there be no isolation for those who have been in contact etc? I'm not getting my hopes up, but most other sport will have led the way by then, so we might be in better shape...

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We put the hammer on them the first game. I don’t count that last game. We just wanted out of there and to finish the season. The jags did draft well. But they always draft well and eventually screw up the guys they draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

You are both dreaming of you think tv money is going to win over thousands more deaths. Sure, it may be under control by then, but do not count on it. 

It’s not going to be up to the nfl if there is fans. It’s going to be up to the governors. But what happens if one stare says fans and another won’t allow it. Will the nfl then say no fans because of a advantage or could those teams go play in another state. A lot of these states have already said they expect fans back at sporting events by mid summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

You are both dreaming of you think tv money is going to win over thousands more deaths. Sure, it may be under control by then, but do not count on it. 

Unless you find a way to get Corona virus from the broadcast of TV...... you may be OK

 

The broadcasters can protect the small team they have with masks

 

I think we are going to have football (But I have no crystal ball)

 

 

If we are still shut down in September, kiss this country goodbye

 

There isnt enough money to print to pull it together.

 

Your pets will end up being your lunch

 

The answer is to protect the elderly, and wear masks when possible, not crush the greatest nation this world has ever seen........

 

The perpetual shut down cannot continue

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not going to be up to the nfl if there is fans. It’s going to be up to the governors. But what happens if one stare says fans and another won’t allow it. Will the nfl then say no fans because of a advantage or could those teams go play in another state. A lot of these states have already said they expect fans back at sporting events by mid summer.

I live in Illinois and given our governors 5 phase plan, it's highly unlikely the state, especially Chicago, is "open" for the start of the regular season.

 

Each phase (we're currently in phase two of five) have certain benchmarks that if unmet, extend that phase for 28 days.

 

I think the best case scenario would involve the bears playing in Champaign (downstate) like they did during the soldier field rebuild ('02?).  Or maybe even in another state.  I just dont see Chicago Illinois playing ball by Sept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Unless you find a way to get Corona virus from the broadcast of TV...... you may be OK

 

The broadcasters can protect the small team they have with masks

 

I think we are going to have football (But I have no crystal ball)

 

 

If we are still shut down in September, kiss this country goodbye

 

There isnt enough money to print to pull it together.

 

Your pets will end up being your lunch

 

The answer is to protect the elderly, and wear masks when possible, not crush the greatest nation this world has ever seen........

 

The perpetual shut down cannot continue

 

 

Edit. Not sure I agree with this....

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I live in Illinois and given our governors 5 phase plan, it's highly unlikely the state, especially Chicago, is "open" for the start of the regular season.

 

Each phase (we're currently in phase two of five) have certain benchmarks that if unmet, extend that phase for 28 days.

 

I think the best case scenario would involve the bears playing in Champaign (downstate) like they did during the soldier field rebuild ('02?).  Or maybe even in another state.  I just dont see Chicago Illinois playing ball by Sept.

Well not with that governor. Hopefully there is pressure put on him soon. My sister lives in Illinois outside Chicago and they are getting so tired of it.   There is maybe ten teams in States where govs are dragging their feet. I just find it hard the commissioner will say teams can’t make money with fans if the states say it is ok. 

 

What I think will happen is if some states allow it there will be pressure from those others to allow it.

 

I like how Goodell is handling everything. He is telling  the league to not talk about it because nobody really knows what’s going to happen.  He has showed a lot of leadership with this. I have faith they will come up with a solution to keep players safe and hopefully at least some fans in the stands. It’s going to be very interesting that’s for sure once we get to July when training camps need to start. I feel bad for the undrafted guys. But at least we have the PS so we can still keep them to get a better look at them.  TC needs to start on time for the season to start on time. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Unless you find a way to get Corona virus from the broadcast of TV...... you may be OK

 

The broadcasters can protect the small team they have with masks

 

I think we are going to have football (But I have no crystal ball)

 

 

If we are still shut down in September, kiss this country goodbye

 

There isnt enough money to print to pull it together.

 

Your pets will end up being your lunch

 

The answer is to protect the elderly, and wear masks when possible, not crush the greatest nation this world has ever seen........

 

The perpetual shut down cannot continue

 

 

This is spot on. I love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

So what happens if even one player from any team tests positive? Will there be no isolation for those who have been in contact etc? I'm not getting my hopes up, but most other sport will have led the way by then, so we might be in better shape...

 

Maybe by then we have proven therapeutics where if someone gets it won’t be a big deal and no reason to isolate. These athletes are young and healthy. I think we might have to be more careful with the coaches who are older. But it’s easy for a coach to social distance at a practice ect. The league has said every team must have someone on board by May 15th to take temperature and to keep sanitation in the facilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Maybe by then we have proven therapeutics where if someone gets it won’t be a big deal and no reason to isolate. These athletes are young and healthy. I think we might have to be more careful with the coaches who are older. But it’s easy for a coach to social distance at a practice ect. The league has said every team must have someone on board by May 15th to take temperature and to keep sanitation in the facilities.

They are showing cases where people are getting it that are shut in......

 

I think everyone will end up getting it.... no matter what is done.... Immunity will be built, we will move ahead Swine Flu and other strands have come and gone......

 

These things end up petering out

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

They are showing cases where people are getting it that are shut in......

 

I think everyone will end up getting it.... no matter what is done.... Immunity will be built, we will move ahead Swine Flu and other strands have come and gone......

 

These things end up petering out

Sorry Jskinnz. Dear God. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not concerned about football or fans in the stands until we get closer to TC. If TC gets delayed then I will start getting concerned. We have two months before TC is supposed to start. So much can happen by then. No reason to worry or play the what if  game until July and camp gets closer. Who knows maybe we will be surprised and a mini camp still happens in Jume.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...