Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN Report: no MNF for Colts...

NewColtsFan

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We will not appear on MNF.

Still have a shot for national coverage with Sunday Night games and Thursday Night games. 

It's not surprising they don't care about small market middle america at least not our team. 

I don't know what Colts fans have thought about MNF in the last 2 decades, but on several other team's forums I've been on over that time, it's been a clear majority that would rather NOT have to watch their teams on what has become a cartoonish, bad karaoke dive of a broadcast.

Give me Sunday Night Football every time. Barring that, I would MUCH rather have the traditional Sunday afternoon slots.

Just now, bestQBever said:

I live in Cali so I LOVE waking up sunday morning after a festive saturday night and watching the colts play at 10am.

Best part about living on the west coast!! I am the same way up in Washington

35 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Mehh, our Monday night debacle last yr might have a little to do with that... we looked like pop Warner out there... let’s get to the real prime time games.... PLAYOFFS

I'm glad we don't play a Monday night game 100%correct that broadcast is terrible but the other night game that we do play is at Titans on a Thursday night game I hate Thursday night football personally. Most of the time we seem to lose a key starter or two right before we have to play one of those games.

Romo at least has improved since his first season. Now he has only an occasional problem structuring a comprehensible sentence (too many hits to the head over the years I'm guessing). But MNF has had 2 straight decades now, and counting, of devolving into a really, REALLY bad televised vaudeville act. I actually got several years ago now to where I hope there are two teams playing I'm not interested in so I don't have to bother tuning in. And if I do, much of the time I have to mute the volume, even though that makes the viewing experience a different kind of weird. But it's often better than listening to 2 to 3 guys putting on pathetic auditions for some high school kid's basement comedy routine.

Sunday Night Football is the Gold Standard, by far and wide. And at least the Sunday afternoon broadcasts mostly take the games seriously, even with the occasional stupid, and sometimes flat out wrong comments. I can forgive those knowing that I'm watching a crew that believes that what's happening on the field is vastly more important than themselves, or any other goings-on happening somewhere else in or out of the stadium.

Very rarely do I watch any NFL game with the announcers turned on. 

I used to listen to Bob Lamey on the radio when he announced the games.

I like hearing a game by radio announcers because of the picture they paint with their words.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Very rarely do I watch any NFL game with the announcers turned on. 

I used to listen to Bob Lamey on the radio when he announced the games.

I like hearing a game by radio announcers because of the picture they paint with their words.

Hear hear! I agree completely. The only problem is that the TV and radio broadcasts are never in sync, and I can't stand that. Drives me nuts. So I had to toss that idea out.

But you're absolutely right, radio announcers are almost always much better than their TV counterparts.

1 minute ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Hear hear! I agree completely. The only problem is that the TV and radio broadcasts are never in sync, and I can't stand that. Drives me nuts. So I had to toss that idea out.

But you're absolutely right, radio announcers are almost always much better than their TV counterparts.

Yeah I had a TV-radio TVsync.  It matched the voice with the game. 

I don't get why people get all upset over prime time games...They want ratings, which means story, drama, or at least a decent market and we have none of those...What's our biggest story? Philip Rivers? Did the Chargers dominate prime time during his tenure?

I think we'll improve this year, but let's face it guys, we're a 7-9 team in a crappy market with no story to sell. I'm not trying to say I don't love the Colts but from a national perspective that's just how we're seen right now

24 minutes ago, jlid said:

I don't get why people get all upset over prime time games...They want ratings, which means story, drama, or at least a decent market and we have none of those...What's our biggest story? Philip Rivers? Did the Chargers dominate prime time during his tenure?

I think we'll improve this year, but let's face it guys, we're a 7-9 team in a crappy market with no story to sell. I'm not trying to say I don't love the Colts but from a national perspective that's just how we're seen right now

Indiana is not a crappy market just overlooked 

On 5/7/2020 at 8:15 PM, bestQBever said:

I live in Cali so I LOVE waking up sunday morning after a festive saturday night and watching the colts play at 10am.

Colts are a small market team, lacking exciting players, coming off a below average season. No MNF works for me. Staying up past my sleeping time to watch them hasn’t worked out for me 

59 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Colts are a small market team, lacking exciting players, coming off a below average season. No MNF works for me. Staying up past my sleeping time to watch them hasn’t worked out for me 

I we’re all mostly in a majority of being against late night games. I usually miss them anyways as I’ve got two little ones under 3. 

Love the 1:00 games, that way I can be out in the garage working on things with the radio on. 

If they do get a prime time game it would be nice to have it at home. 74 percent have been road games since 2012. Playing them on the road is a tough task since the fans are pretty ramped up. 

10 hours ago, jlid said:

This irrelevance also stretches back quite some time, besides Luck's comeback/farewell/what are we doing here, 18'. 

I'm fine with the team not making me wait all day or weekend to take the medicine. For too long, it's been wait all day or weekend and then watch the Colts get smoked at night. I don't miss it yet.

8 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I wouldn't worry being on prime time this year, but rest assure we'll be on it quite a bit next year after our successful stint this year. Bank on it!

How many did we get after the successful 2018 season? I wouldn’t bank on anything except cowboys and the Pats getting the lions share of prime time spots. 

Archived