Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Paper Tigers


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope Brady loses every game he plays in.

The Paper Tigers are leading the 4-0 Packers 31-10. 

I have some thoughts on Arians' offense and playcalling, but Leftwich is the playcaller now. And I think they'll tailor things to fit Brady's strengths and maximize the weapons they have. I don't thin

55 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

1 - 1 so far good win for Bucs today 

I wonder how the game would have went if McAffrey hadn’t gotten hurt. Let’s face it made it a lot easier on TB defense when he went out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

I wonder how the game would have went if McAffrey hadn’t gotten hurt. Let’s face it made it a lot easier on TB defense when he went out.

How did CM get hurt I was at work all day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

I wonder how the game would have went if McAffrey hadn’t gotten hurt. Let’s face it made it a lot easier on TB defense when he went out.

Bucs will win the South because Tom is Tom and he has weapons. When they play the Saints again, they will win that game and the division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

How did CM get hurt I was at work all day 

Was weird he scored the TD and hurt his ankle. It didn’t look like much but after that they lost all their momentum.. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think week 9 or 10 but that game will be a 2 game swing. Bucs will beat them at home IMO.

I have Saints losing tomorrow which will help but ultimately see NO winning South 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

5 hours ago, 18to87 said:

What will it say about Brady if Cam continues to play like this?

I think it says more about Cam. I really thought he was washed and the Patriots would struggle this year but he looks healthy and able to make plays with his feet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

such a freaking weird year.. I'm cheering for Cam in a freaking Patriots uni. And cheering against the Bucs like I actually care about them. UHG!.. Not to mention Bucs get Chiefs, Packers, Rams ALL at home :lol: and I'm sure fans will be allowed then. lol i hate what my life has become haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Saints losing last night helped the Bucs as now both are 1-1.  I think the Saints are going to be forced to let Hill play more as Brees really looks bad. His arm looks pretty shot. I wonder if Winston gets a chance too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The Saints losing last night helped the Bucs as now both are 1-1.  I think the Saints are going to be forced to let Hill play more as Brees really looks bad. His arm looks pretty shot. I wonder if Winston gets a chance too.

He might come in on occasion but not take over Brees unless Brees has injury

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Bucs are 2 - 1

Solid win again

 

 

Offense is starting to click but man I have been impressed a lot with their defense. Play makers everywhere. Ton of speed and they smack their opponent around too. I thought Driscoll was going to have to be carted off after some of those sacks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 1:07 AM, 18to87 said:

What will it say about Brady if Cam continues to play like this?

I think it says more about BB and McDaniels.. they are putting Cam in a position to win every week. BB has that D playing very well (only bad game was against Wilson, who has made every D look bad!)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

I think it says more about BB and McDaniels.. they are putting Cam in a position to win every week. BB has that D playing very well (only bad game was against Wilson, who has made every D look bad!)

 

2 of the sharpest defensive and offensive minds in the NFL right now. Then you have the Ravens who abandon the run in a 1 score game vs the Chiefs. Patriots with Brady or Cam would have never done that, especially if that is the way to keep Mahomes at bay. Do what you do well, better. That is what BB and McDaniels try to do.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 7:32 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

such a freaking weird year.. I'm cheering for Cam in a freaking Patriots uni. And cheering against the Bucs like I actually care about them. UHG!.. Not to mention Bucs get Chiefs, Packers, Rams ALL at home :lol: and I'm sure fans will be allowed then. lol i hate what my life has become haha

 

Lol, Cam is probably my favorite player and was hoping Colts would sign him. But Belichick  got him. :yuk: But kinda rooting for him, lol. Josh McDaniels job is easier as he now can expand his playbook with a stronger arm & athletic QB.

And I'm now also rooting against bucs, a team that it will be rigged for. Should just go to vegas for couple months and bet on Pat's & Bucs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

That would be by far the most watched SB of all-time IMO.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

At this point if Colts don't get there im hoping for Mahomes vs Wilson

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And I'm now also rooting against bucs, a team that it will be rigged for. Should just go to vegas for couple months and bet on Pat's & Bucs.

I'm gonna throw up in my mouth, then swallow it. "Bucs" first team to host a SB

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The Bucs will win their division because the football Gods want them too. It's good for the league.  Regardless of Brady's deteriorating skills and lack of vertical passing ability he will Dink & Dunk as opposing defenses will play soft like they did when he played for Patriots.  It will be much of the same like it was in beantown and if necessary the zebras will get involved. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Bowl is Belichek @ Bucs.

The Bucs have been the opposite of Dink and Dunk. Arians offense is a down the field, air it out and Brady has been throwing dimes the last couple of weeks. Defenses can't play soft. This isn't the Patriots offense. The receivers he has are superb and get down the field. They also have a much better D than I knew. They are fast and nasty. They certainly have a chance to go far based on the talent they have. They are starting to gel. They need to keep getting more in sync. 

 

The Patriots do look better than I thought they would with Cam but they are not better than the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and possibly the Bills/Titans. I don't see them coming out of the AFC. Probably a wild card with an early exit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

The Bucs have been the opposite of Dink and Dunk. Arians offense is a down the field, air it out and Brady has been throwing dimes the last couple of weeks. Defenses can't play soft. This isn't the Patriots offense. The receivers he has are superb and get down the field. They also have a much better D than I knew. They are fast and nasty. They certainly have a chance to go far based on the talent they have. They are starting to gel. They need to keep getting more in sync. 

 

The Patriots do look better than I thought they would with Cam but they are not better than the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and possibly the Bills/Titans. I don't see them coming out of the AFC. Probably a wild card with an early exit.

Yes the bucs receivers get down field but throwing deep is not what brady does well. On the most important possessions he most likely dink,dunk, shallow crosser, pass interference,etc.. and opposing defenses will allow that.

 

Yes, bucs defense looked good. They forced breeze 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs.

 

Cam is a upgrade at this point over brady. And yes, there are AFC teams that are better than the Pat's BUT that has also been true before without it stopping them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yes the bucs receivers get down field but throwing deep is not what brady does well. On the most important possessions he most likely dink,dunk, shallow crosser, pass interference,etc.. and opposing defenses will allow that.

 

Yes, bucs defense looked good. They forced breeze 3 or 4 straight 3 and outs.

 

Cam is a upgrade at this point over brady. And yes, there are AFC teams that are better than the Pat's BUT that has also been true before without it stopping them.

Brady seems to be doing pretty well at the deep ball probably because he has pro bowl level receivers which he didn't have in New England except for when he had Moss. It seems to me that Arians is incorporating more Patriot-like plays for Brady to go with the long balls. It will be interesting to see how the offense continues evolve.  I agree about the defense - they look very good. I had no idea they had such great playmakers especially their LBs.

 

Cam has been interesting in NE. I really thought he would fall flat but he seems to be taking the coaching well. He still seems pretty inaccurate to me at times. I keep reading that people feel he is a better fit this year than Brady would have been yet Brady was 3-0 last year and all 3 wins were blow outs. I think after this week the Patriots will be 2-2 as the Chiefs look like the class of the AFC again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Nah not yet but will credit where credit is due good job today bucs

They are a strange team, aren't they?  Terrible first half, blistering second half. If they can actually put two good halves together than maybe 90 points?  LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FortheWin said:

They are a strange team, aren't they?  Terrible first half, blistering second half. If they can actually put two good halves together than maybe 90 points?  LOL.

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

That's the Brady factor. Try and score any chance possible.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Very strange because up until yesterday they've been starting out great and fizzling. Which is something bradys been dealing with for awhile now it seems. but yesterday was a vintage brady comeback. Chargers could've knelt the ball and received the ball in the 2nd half. nope lets try to run with 47 secs left at our own 9. and fumbled -_- 24-7 and much better than 24-14. I thought that was the nail in the coffin

Yeah. That fumble was a huge swing. It was a fascinating game. The Chargers can really hang with anyone. I really don't know how Brady keeps doing it. I am a few years older than him and I am exhausted a lot of the time and I don't play football. haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Yeah. That fumble was a huge swing. It was a fascinating game. The Chargers can really hang with anyone. I really don't know how Brady keeps doing it. I am a few years older than him and I am exhausted a lot of the time and I don't play football. haha

Heck I'm almost 30 years old.. I remember my parents cheering for Tom brady when I didn't even care about football. I would come in from playing outside and cheer against him haha. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The best option may be trading a 3rd rounder for Darnold if the Jets get the no1 pick, and having him compete with Eason next year for the starting job. I also wouldn't mind signing Kelly back since he knows the playbook and has potential still. A competition with those three wouldn't hurt us much in the way of draft compensation, we can figure out if we have our franchise QB within the three, and still have a solid draft class.   Heck, in this scenario, Ballard could trade down in the 1st to acquire the 3rd round pick back he traded for Darnold. I trust his drafting skills enough that I believe he can hit on a late 1st round pick.
    • I agree to some extent. I hope Colts pursue the QB aggressively if Rivers leaves. I would be ok trading up too cause a solid QB can turn around an O completely.   Said it before and will again and again  Trading up for a QB is risky but I think its worth the risk and could potentially be monumental to the Colts success.   The key is getting the right guy.
    • I always loved Buckner and have been in favor of getting him since day 1. My issue is the offense. The QB issue, Mack being gone, will Pittman and Campbell be good? How will we replace Costanzo? We have a lot question marks right now, and although they should be answered by the end of the season, it all depends on the QB. We need to have an actual plan after Rivers this year instead of the 1 year band-aids. I don't blame Ballard for Lucks retirement, however, he needs to come up with something to try and fix the situation long-term. If Eason is that, ok, just don't let him rot on the bench like Kelly. I understand sitting him this year, just don't sign a veteran FA and have him sit a 2nd year in a row. That would be criminal. Start Eason, trade for a QB, draft one, I don't care. Just have a long-term plan for the future. That is our biggest weakness right now, and what will ultimately decide if we are playoff contenders for the next few years.
    • Don't rule out bringing Rivers back next year either. The options at QB in 21' are limitless as you can tell with the 50 gazillion threads.    I think the key is to continue to build the trenches.    There's a reason the DBs are on pace to shatter the INT for last year and its because Buckner!    
    • lol next you'll be wanting this guy 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...