Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
loudnproudcolt

Bosa on Buckner, "Leaves void in SF DL"

Buckner stinks and is overrated.   He won't even be starting halfway through the season.  

Just trying to say the complete opposite of what will be true.  

:D

• Haha 7

On the "opposite" thing.   

How would a full day of only opposite posts go over on a forum like this one.     It would be tough to get your head around.  

• Like 1

For a guy that values draft picks in Ballard, you had to step back and evaluate why he would give up a first rounder, pick No.13 for Buckner. Once you do that, the answer will be clear. Plus, with this Covid-19 stuff and all, I am not sure it is going to be easy for rookie DTs to ramp up their learning curve either.

I always felt that with the combo blocks and greater strength of NFL guards in the middle, the DT position ROI from the draft tends to wait longer than the DE position where more often than not, until you make them pay consistently, the rookie DE gets 1-on-1s way more against quicker but not as big NFL OL. The flip side is also true, where you find rookie OTs played more than rookie OGs due to the extra communication and strength needed inside, our Big Q is an exception, not the norm. That is why it will take 2-3 years for good ROI on the DT position from the draft and the ROI tends to be faster with the DE position, IMO (both Bosas, our own Freeney etc.).

Long way to explain "Buckner was so worth it." :) 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

On the "opposite" thing.   

How would a full day of only opposite posts go over on a forum like this one.     It would be tough to get your head around.  

There are already a few who do that on a regular bases. haha

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Myles said:

On the "opposite" thing.   

What you're suggesting would destroy us all man haha

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Buckner stinks and is overrated.   He won't even be starting halfway through the season.  

You’d be a natural in politics.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Myles said:

:lol:....Half the Forum was like...

F5AD00FF-D910-4129-B986-06C80A41B510.thumb.jpeg.4278d9dd4702183bdcbefa1cbccea7ce.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Myles said:

Good thinking. Most of the things people say on this forum are flat out wrong, so let's use some reverse psychology.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

or this Dogs Reaction GIF by Cheezburger

I was about to be like....

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ha ha.  Good stuff folks.

I think the Colts took a step back this offseason.   They will probably finish around 6-10 at best.   I can't believe they didn't sure up their running game.   

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

I was about to be like....

funny-gif-guy-jumps-out-window.gif

Ouch!

that dude shoulda aimed a lil more to the right.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the Colts took a step back this offseason.   They will probably finish around 6-10 at best.   I can't believe they didn't sure up their running game.   

Yeah that Johnny Taylor looks like Trent to me, this season has 6-10 written all over it, Rivers is old as dust too Very Funny Reaction GIF

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

funny face GIF- top this.

tenor.gif?itemid=15968372

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Or........

13450750_10153649154546404_9148944143104323350_n.jpg

Marty Feldman was a very good comedian and writer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Ouch!

that dude shoulda aimed a lil more to the right.

Yes. He's dead now.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

Yes. He's dead now.

Well.... THAT just ruined the buzz.......

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Myles said:

Please Stop...

my ribs are hurting

Thanks for the laughs!

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

Yes. He's dead now.

Nah, upon further inspection, looks like first story window. Now this fellas probably dead......

tenor.gif?itemid=3443826

Thing with Buckner is he's not an elite pass rusher (he's a top 3rd of the league type).  The guy gets mentioned with Aaron Donald but he's not in his class in pressures and there's a 4 year track record to demonstrate that.  Also the other concern is simply paying a DT big money and the question of whether it's wise.  So it's not like the trade was a slam dunk especially when the 9ers ended up with Kinlaw as compensation.

But in the huddle it's about more than stats.  His leadership is off the charts and the guy is very tough mentally.  And I'm a big fan of players who can play the run.  Donald for example for as amazing as he is tends to open holes at times for offenses in the run game.  Buckner won't do that.  He'll manhandle his assignment and won't win as often but snap to snap you get great consistency.

Colts basically elected to pay a DT to ensure they know what they're getting, vice rolling the dice on a guy who will be cheaper on a rookie deal and maybe better.  Hard to fault that move even if I do have reservations on paying DTs.