Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to end the 6 year drought


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I'm in, with Rivers and his playmakers, we should be able to start like wild stallions...

We are supposedly starting week 1 against NFC North my bet is Packers

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Lost 6 straight week 1 games 

Lets come out rocking home or away 

Then they need to play the starters more than 6 to 8 plays during the pre season. The Colts haven’t been ready to play once the regular season starts.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we start off with the Packers that won't be easy at all. We will be underdogs actually. I am sick of losing on opening day as well. I hope we get the Lions or Bears lol.

We lost to Lions and Bears in week 1 since 12

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fear no one, start strong, stay strong.  That's the mantra this coaching staff needs to project to this team.  I'm really excited about this team, I think we have enough quality

players in place to bring back the ring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I'm in, with Rivers and his playmakers, we should be able to start like wild stallions...

I realize that Rivers is an improvement on Brisset, but surely suggesting he makes us a SB team is  a bit over the top

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

We are supposedly starting week 1 against NFC North my bet is Packers


My guess would be CHI. I think GB is headed to SF for the TNF kickoff game...as a rematch of last year’s NFC championship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Been a long time. Did Andrew win any openers?


Against OAK in 2013. Terrell Pryor ran all over the Colts that game. Pryor had the Raiders 1st and goal from the 8 down 4 with a little over a minute left...but then Mathis had a huge sack for a 16 yard loss...and Bethea intercepted the 3rd and long pass in the EZ. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we start off with the Packers that won't be easy at all. We will be underdogs actually. I am sick of losing on opening day as well. I hope we get the Lions or Bears lol.


Bears are my guess. Short travel distance...and there are some good storylines there (Foles against Reich, Ballard’s old team, etc.). 
 

GB is going to be playing in one of the prime time spots against another highly rated team I would think.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers and Vikings are home games so at least the two harder opponents are a little easier. I kinda think GB is overrated and didn’t belong in the NFC title game. They also did nothing to improve this year. I would be okay playing them opening weekend and it would be cool to open on Monday night. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Word is that it will be a Monday night game against the Packers.  Tough draw for the Colts.  Rodgers is good on Monday nights.   Also will be Rivers first real game in a new offense with rookies Taylor and Pittman.  We can assume preseason will be very limited.  

 

Rodgers has thrown for 300-plus yards and achieved a passer rating of at least 100 in four consecutive Monday night starts (all Packers wins). That's the longest streak in the history of the ''Monday Night Football'' franchise.

In those four games, Rodgers has completed 66.0 percent of his passes, averaged 349.5 passing yards, and thrown 12 touchdowns against zero interceptions for a 120.1 passer rating.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Word is that it will be a Monday night game against the Packers.  Tough draw for the Colts.  Rodgers is good on Monday nights.   Also will be Rivers first real game in a new offense with rookies Taylor and Pittman.  We can assume preseason will be very limited.  

 

Rodgers has thrown for 300-plus yards and achieved a passer rating of at least 100 in four consecutive Monday night starts (all Packers wins). That's the longest streak in the history of the ''Monday Night Football'' franchise.

In those four games, Rodgers has completed 66.0 percent of his passes, averaged 349.5 passing yards, and thrown 12 touchdowns against zero interceptions for a 120.1 passer rating.

Plus. If they do start on time, there is a strong chance the crowd will be non existent or limited thus eliminating home field advantage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Plus. If they do start on time, there is a strong chance the crowd will be non existent or limited thus eliminating home field advantage.

Good point.  

Of course the game could go either way, I'd put my money on the Packers.   But I wouldn't bet on or against the Colts with real money.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good point.  

Of course the game could go either way, I'd put my money on the Packers.   But I wouldn't bet on or against the Colts with real money.  

 

IMO Rivers has just as many offensive weapons as does Rogers and I think out defense will be better than theirs.

Let's start out positive. :thmup:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

IMO Rivers has just as many offensive weapons as does Rogers and I think out defense will be better than theirs.

Let's start out positive. :thmup:

 

That is true, but Rodgers is experienced and comfortable with his team where Rivers, even though he has some familiarity with Reichs offense, he will be new and so will Pittman and Taylor.  I think if they have a full training camp and preseason it may be a non issue, but I don't see that happening.   

But it could still go either way.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That truly was a terrible angle Willis took. Could've been held to just a bad 20 yard play on that one.
    • Where did I say that?   But,  as long as Ballard and Dodd have their team in place, I feel good about our chances to be highly competitive.   The only problems we’ve had have been when we’ve been without Andrew Luck, in 17 and 19.   When we’ve had Luck or Rivers we are a very competitive team.   Just look at some of the recent Super Bowl participants.  Only KC is really doing well.  The Pats are struggling.   So are the Rams and the Eagles.  Seattle has been hot and cold.   Same with SF.   My point is...   this game is really hard.  Staying at the top is hard.  Being elite year after year is hard.     But not only do you casually dismiss achievement, but you write off players as busts who have been mostly injured or haven’t been with the team long enough to know.  You’re jumping to conclusions, and there’s a good chance some of those conclusions could be wrong.     So yes, I like our future.  I like our GM and the front office he has.  I like his drafting and I mostly like his free agents.   As a fan, I’ll take our chances here....   I’m not predicting a Super Bowl, but I think we will have a good team moving forward.  
    • Yup, It was a pretty horrible day all around for the DBs. At least Willis had a PD and a QBH, which none of our other DBs did...    And even without Autry, I was pretty disappointed with the DE pass rush given they had a 3rd string LT.. The DL had zero sacks and QBHs...    Just bad...
    • Also Autry, Buckner, Bobby could all be back.
    • "We've been playing with fire -- and the fire caught us," Colts coach Tony Dungy said.  (After we lost our first game in our SB winning season: Colts vs. Cowboys - Game Recap - November 19, 2006 - ESPN -- https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261119006)    ___   Yea, sometimes Superbowl winning coaches say very 'silly slogans' after losing a game.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...