Indianapolis Colts
danlhart87

Pittman rocking the blue and white

That white and blue looks so fresh. Those cleats! :heart: ugh.

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing this! That was a lot of fun to watch. I love their enthusiasm

• Like 3

He is going to be so fun to watch. He could be the next Reggie. Reggie always had a fun personality.

• Like 2

Not to pick a nit, but I hope he isn't planning on having the "jr" on his jersey.  Wonder if the NFL even allows that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Not to pick a nit, but I hope he isn't planning on having the "jr" on his jersey.  Wonder if the NFL even allows that.

Yes

image.thumb.jpeg.c341734e09cd26ec630c59ca8d24eacc.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Yes

image.thumb.jpeg.c341734e09cd26ec630c59ca8d24eacc.jpeg

Ok, I stepped right into that one.  That would be the J in OBJ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Gonna be weird seeing a WR reppin' the 86. I'm gonna have flashbacks of Troy Walters. lol

4 minutes ago, Legend_Coslosky said:

Gonna be weird seeing a WR reppin' the 86. I'm gonna have flashbacks of Troy Walters. lol

Jerome Pathon tho!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Jerome Pathon tho!

Jesus man, I completely forgot about Pathon wearing 86. Lol. You're going back 20 years.

Good kid.  Very, very likable!   He’ll be fun to root for!!

:colts:

• Like 8

Can't wait to rock this Kids Jersey at the Luke!!!  On the other hand this is the best known Legacy of #86 for the Colts!!!  SIGH, a pair of 500 plus receiving yds is the best we got for 86 lol!

86. Jerome Pathon: He had a pair of 500-plus receiving yards seasons in the early Manning years.

how can you not like this kid. He is so humble and so appreciative of this opportunity. I look forward to seeing him play and succeed. Dope!

• Like 3

I wish Nike sent him the 86 jersey. Would have been awesome.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

At least the NFL didn't allow "He Hate Me" on the jersey name. (Ron Smart) haha

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I wish Nike sent him the 86 jersey. Would have been awesome.

These were probably made up before the number 86 was assigned. 

Nike could have sent them both? :scratch:

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

At least the NFL didn't allow "He Hate Me" on the jersey name. (Ron Smart) haha

Ha ha, that was absolutely THE best part of the original XFL. That will live on far beyond any memory of the original iteration of that league. Positively brilliant.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t mind him wearing #1.  That looked cool. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Legend_Coslosky said:

He's as tall as two of Walters though ...lol

He told a fan to hold off on buying a jersey because his number could change once they cut the roster down. 

14 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I wouldn’t mind him wearing #1.  That looked cool. 

If only the NFL would let WRs wear single digits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Legend_Coslosky said:

Jesus man, I completely forgot about Pathon wearing 86. Lol. You're going back 20 years.

I completely forgot about Pathon in general, wow time flies.  He was a pretty solid consistent player.  Had a few decent years for the Saints also. 

With regards from Pittman I do like his personality, I think he likes the limelight but I don't get that diva/locker room distraction vibe from him.  

• Like 1

I really like this guy.

I am curious how the resident experts feel on his chance of being a bust.  Not trying to be a negative Nelly, just curious because he was ranked as the 10+ best WR in the draft by most sources.  Granted it was an extremely deep WR draft class.  I just haven't seen many of his games since he played at USC.   What are the chances he is a Dorsett?

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I really like this guy.

I am curious how the resident experts feel on his chance of being a bust.  Not trying to be a negative Nelly, just curious because he was ranked as the 10+ best WR in the draft by most sources.  Granted it was an extremely deep WR draft class.  I just haven't seen many of his games since he played at USC.   What are the chances he is a Dorsett?

He was listed as just behind on Jeudy, Lamb, & Jefferson & similarly to Higgins as guys that will have an immediate impact.  He’s knows as having a higher floor but lower ceiling than most.  If I was him, I’d be watching Michael Thomas highlights. Their measurables are very similar. Plus he went in the 2nd too I believe.  

As far as him & Dorsett, I think he’s much further along when both were drafted.  He ran a much more diverse route tree at USC & this past year caught over 100 passes.  That’s a huge number for a college season. Plus he was pretty much the only major outside target & was playing with a true freshman, though Slovis looked very talented.  

Having a father who was a 10 year NFL veteran will be a great source of knowledge for him to tap into on being a professional & working hard.  I like his chances of being successful a lot.  Rivers gonna put him straight to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Shive said:

If only the NFL would let WRs wear single digits.

When did they start allowing teens? like 10 years ago?

I wish he could Rep the 6 still! 

• Like 1

For what it is worth, I asked a USC fan about Pittman and this was his response:

You guys got a good one, imo. Was really hoping my Seahawks would grab him.

He's not the fastest guy, but he has size, knows how to get open and how to use his size to get position against DB's. He showed a knack for coming up with the tough catch in big moments.

It's not like he's necessarily slow either. If he gets away, he'll run for awhile before he gets caught.

He reminds me a bit of Juju Smith-Schuster in how he plays and knows how to use his size. Also like Juju, he was little lazy on his route running early on, but he worked at it and became a good route runner.

His Dad played in the NFL, so he knows what it takes to make it in the league. Never heard of him trying to "big time it" because his Daddy was in the NFL either.

I think the turmoil that has gone on at USC in recent years kind of kept him off the radar for awhile. He really came on the past couple of seasons and showed some good leadership skills.

I think he has a long career as a very reliable possession receiver who can break away at times and get you some big yards.

I don't know what the Colts have at receiver, but I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually becomes one of your qb's favorite targets.

The only negative that I remember was at one point his Dad made a comment that he was unhappy with how his son was being used and there was talk that he could transfer. But that got smoothed over (turned out USC was being overly cautious due to a recent injury) and he stayed.

• Thanks 1

This is pretty much true.  I loved the way he handled his father’s comments, he was respectful of his father’s opinion, while being firm in his response that it was up to him to earn more playing time, and mentioning his injury.  It was a mans response, and showed maturity and the ease he had in smoothing the waters.  His dad was  simply being a good dad, but he did go off Twitter after that comment.

Mike will never embarrass the franchise or Colts fans with inappropriate comments or behavior.  

On 5/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, danlhart87 said:

LET'S GOOOOOO 

This guy is a machine, just watched an interview where he told the guy the day he got drafted he lifted weights as everyday that morning and then after he got drafted by the colts, his brother and him went to do his daily on field workout. The guy asked him why he didnt take a break on a day he got drafted, he said although it was the greatest day ever it still cant replace the work and desire to continue to make yourself a better person and player

• Like 5