Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 Colts Schedule Predictions

Here is my annual prediction - I've included 3 prime time games.  We haven't ended the season at Houston since 2003 and have never done it since the NFL started scheduling divisional finales in 2010 - we are overdue.

9/13/20 Jets (CBS) 1pm

9/20/20 at Jags (CBS) 1pm

9/27/20 at Lions (CBS) 1pm

10/4/20 Bengals (CBS) 1pm

10/11/20 at Steelers (CBS) 4:25pm

10/18/20 Vikings (FOX) 1pm

10/26/20 Packers (ESPN) 8:15pm

11/1/20 BYE

11/8/20 at Titans (CBS) 1pm

11/15/20 at Bears (CBS) 1pm

11/22/20 Texans (CBS) 1pm

11/29/20 at Browns (CBS) 1pm)

12/3/20 Jags (Fox/NFLN) 8:15pm

12/13/20 at Raiders (CBS) 4:05pm

12/20/20 Titans (CBS) 1pm

12/27/20 Ravens (NBC) 8:15pm

1/3/21 at Texans (CBS) 1pm

I would say Raiders because having Rivers first game as a Colt against someone he has a history with would be cool but with them moving to Vegas I think they will have the first Sunday Night game at home against a bigger name team. 

I don’t care to guess an entire schedule but I’ll say we open at Detroit. 

53 minutes ago, runthepost said:

8 games at home 7 games on the road and 1 game at TY Hilton second home.

Hopefully he bounces back...he had some horrible drops there last year 

1 hour ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

I would say Raiders because having Rivers first game as a Colt against someone he has a history with would be cool but with them moving to Vegas I think they will have the first Sunday Night game at home against a bigger name team. 

I don’t care to guess an entire schedule but I’ll say we open at Detroit. 

Hopefully he bounces back...he had some horrible drops there last year 

Yeah that was his first game back after missing a few weeks, and he was obviously still hurt

9 hours ago, runthepost said:

Hopefully we open up either in Chicago or at Tennessee so I can go to the game

They may not allow fans at the first few games.  

I tweaked the order based on the format from schedule leaks.  If the week one leaked game is correct, I guessed the right opponent for MNF, just the wrong month.   

Expected format for 2020 schedule:

Week 1-4: Out-of-Conference games

Week 5-6: Equal-place Conference games

Week 7-10: Divisional games/Bye weeks

Week 11-14: Inter-conference games

Week 15-17: Divisional games

9/14/20 Packers (ESPN) 8:15pm

9/20/20 at Lions (CBS) 1pm

9/27/20 at Bears (CBS) 1pm

10/4/20 Vikings (FOX) 1pm

10/11/20 at Raiders (CBS) 4:05pm

10/18/20 Jets (CBS) 1pm

10/26/20 at Jags (CBS) 1pm

11/1/20 BYE

11/8/20 at Titans (CBS) 1pm

11/15/20 Texans (CBS) 1pm

11/22/20 at Steelers (CBS) 4:25pm

11/29/20 Bengals (CBS) 1pm)

12/6/20 Ravens (NBC) 8:15pm

12/13/20 at Browns (CBS) 1pm

12/17/20 Jags (Fox/NFLN) 8:15pm

12/27/20 Titans (CBS) 1pm

1/3/21 at Texans (CBS) 1pm

4 hours ago, MarylandTerrapin said:

I tweaked the order based on the format from schedule leaks.  If the week one leaked game is correct, I guessed the right opponent for MNF, just the wrong month.   

9/14/20 Packers (ESPN) 8:15pm - L

9/20/20 at Lions (CBS) 1pm - W

9/27/20 at Bears (CBS) 1pm - W

10/4/20 Vikings (FOX) 1pm - L

10/11/20 at Raiders (CBS) 4:05pm - W

10/18/20 Jets (CBS) 1pm - W

10/26/20 at Jags (CBS) 1pm - W

11/1/20 BYE

11/8/20 at Titans (CBS) 1pm - L

11/15/20 Texans (CBS) 1pm - W

11/22/20 at Steelers (CBS) 4:25pm - W

11/29/20 Bengals (CBS) 1pm) - W

12/6/20 Ravens (NBC) 8:15pm - L

12/13/20 at Browns (CBS) 1pm - W

12/17/20 Jags (Fox/NFLN) 8:15pm - W

12/27/20 Titans (CBS) 1pm - W

1/3/21 at Texans (CBS) 1pm - L

I suppose we can pick wins and losses now.   That first game against the Packers would be tough.   First time with this new Colts offense with what I assume will have been limited practice and game time situations.

11-5.   I'd be happy with that.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Sure.  He can backup Eason on the practice squad 
    • There is nothing more vital than QBs and receiving talent.
    • Yeah, that's what I got from his press-conference too. That's what I got from Ballard's presser earlier this month too - he will prefer addressing QB with a vet.    Yep. Ballard said something similar to that effect too - they think they are close. I think they are somewhat close, but I do think several positions(most important ones) need addressing and we will need injury luck. I don't think we are Matt Stafford away. I think we are Matt Stafford, good LT, good WR, good DE and good CB away... and that's assuming good health. In essence, my position right now is - if you are getting Stafford, you better be ready to address all those other positions or you are wasting your resources on a team that will ultimately come short.    That's the thing. I think there is a good option. Not ideal, but good. It's trading up in the draft for one of the top 4 prospects. I think all of them are high level prospects that can be franchise QBs. This is a good draft. This is the type of draft you trade up in for the guy you love. Here comes the less than ideal part - this would mean we probably take a slight step back next year. But again... we have SO MANY high value positions unaddressed that we might take a step back either way unless we are ready to go all in with Stafford. Right at this moment we are a worse team than last year. Our franchise LT just retired. Our QB just retired. We have TY, Houston, Autry, Rhodes, Walker, Carrie, Muhammad, Burton, Alie Cox ... to re-sign. So... our best WR, both our starting DEs, both our starting outside corners(by the end Carrie was getting more snaps than Rock), 2 of 3 TEs, our starting MIKE, our backup DE...   In essence we have 70M cap to address: QB, LT, 2xDE, 2xCB, MIKE, 1 or 2 WRs, possibly TE... I'm not sure we will be able to.    Holy moly, the more I look at our situation the more I don't like where we are and the more I think Stafford won't be enough to even get us to this year's level. I don't know... I have to rethink things... I might do another mock off-season post Senior Bowl to put my thoughts on paper and see how it shakes up if we have to trade up multiple high level picks for Stafford. 
    • Judging by what Irsay had to say at his year ender,  it doesn't look like that Ballard will wait to the draft to pull the trigger, unless he strikes out in a trade for every veteran we've talked about.   From Stafford, to Rodgers, to Ryan,  to Carr,  to Garropolo and so on....   Irsay was saying he, Ballard and Frank all think they're close.  (his words)  So, the quickest and most direct path to future success is a trade for a veteran (my words, but his implication)    Irsay didn't rule out a draft pick in April.     I suspect you're old enough to understand the concept I'm about to address.   I think one of the most interesting concepts adults deal with in all walks of life is that sometimes,  there are no good options.   There are only poor options or bad options.  And the job is to try and figure out which option is the least bad.   I'm not just talking sports,  but all things in life.   Sometimes there just are no good options.   And, I think the Colts are pretty close to being there.   But, you find the best choice there is and chalk it up to the price of doing business in the NFL.     What else can we do?   Sorry if this got preachy....    didn't mean for it to.  
  • Members

• ColtsTone

ColtsTone 0

Rookie
    • ReMeDy

ReMeDy 410

• Shadow_Creek

Shadow_Creek 681

• indykmj

indykmj 78

• The Peytonator

The Peytonator 451