Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let’s start the Eason vs Kelly battle


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will take option 4, thank you very much! 

Chloe and the Chad Kelly fans on forum...

Peyton Manning got destroyed by Danny Wuerffel and the Gators. How did that end up playing out?

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

I posted this in another thread and regardless of whatever "fun" this thread is suppose to incite, and regardless of whether or not you like my metaphors, this is the "Current" problem below

 

I think this organization and fanbase is at an internal crossroads and I think it really isn't any real fault of their own at the foundational issue that has caused this. Not bashing Luck, but being completely honest, Luck set this team into a cracked foundation, a crack we have not yet been able to seal properly. Where I do believe that this organization has, for the most part, built upon that foundation that was damaged or not laid correctly by Grigson, the missing piece is the piece that stabilizes the base and that is the QB. We ALL know this. I think the reason they have been so adamant about JB all along is that JB possess a lot of characteristics that normally, a sound structural part of a foundation would hold and through the first half of last season it seemed, even though not completely solidifying that quickly, that the crack might have a chance to eventually be sealed once it completely dried. Unfortunately though, that sealant(JB) never completely solidified and remains wet to the touch as we speak and began to seep out the sides of the crack, and that has bewildered everyone to as why? Why didn't JB completely solidify into that crack? Rivers, Kelly, and Eason are all band-aids at this point, with Rivers being the largest band-aid in the box. Rivers cannot be the sealant this team is looking for long term only because his cannister is pretty close to being empty. Whether it be Kelly or Eason, JB, or someone else, this team will never be completely rock solid at it's foundation until the void of a QB is sealed properly. IMO, this organization needs to completely scrape out and remove JB from this foundation to allow either Kelly or Eason the opportunity to completely solidify and fill that void, and if the organization still wants that to be JB then fine, but every ounce of his substance needs to be completely removed from that crack, allowing Kelly, Eason, and JB an equal shot to see who can solidify completely the quickest without any head starts or partially filled cracks. Filling a void partly with one substance that only slightly solidifies and then starts to either seep or break apart(JB), then slapping a patch over that area to stop the seeping while hoping it solidifies underneath(Rivers), and if that doesn't work entirely, entertaining the idea of using another substance to add to the part of the original substance that solidified partially in hoping each will bond together to fill the void, just won't work. Any builder will tell you that in order to get proper adhesion you must have one substance and one substance alone that will completely solidify and if the substance doesn't solidify on the first take, you clean out the area entirely and fill it again, you don't add to it and hope two substances gel together. IMHO, this organization needs to completely remove JB entirely from the foundation, however if they believe that JB can still completely solidify and just needs a little more time to dry under the patch of Rivers, we won't have that QB void completely solidified anytime soon.

 

That's quite the metaphor.

 

I tend to agree that removing JB now would be most beneficial long-term. Despite how you feel about Kelly...he doesn't really get a shot in a scenario with Rivers/JB/Eason on the roster. Doesn't matter if we want him to have that shot...but if THEY truly want to see what he can do...something has to give.

 

I actually think an Eason/Kelly battle for the backup spot would benefit both players long-term...as well fit the competitive culture of the Colts. And with the loser of that battle becoming QB3...the Colts don't lose anyone.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shastamasta said:

 

That's quite the metaphor.

 

I tend to agree that removing JB now would be most beneficial long-term. Despite how you feel about Kelly...he doesn't really get a shot in a scenario with Rivers/JB/Eason on the roster. All that matters is if they want him to have that shot...but if they truly want to see what he can do...something has to give.

 

I actually think an Eason/Kelly battle for the backup spot would benefit both players long-term...as well fit the competitive culture of the Colts. And with the loser of that battle becoming QB3...the Colts don't lose anyone.

 

 

If they wanted to give him a shot or saw enough of him to think he deserved a shot they would have done it last year in the last two games.  This is the NFL it’s not fair.  Not everyone gets a shot to show what they can do.  Teams keep guys around for the most part who they think is better now.  The Colts seem to think Jacoby is much better than Kelly.  They don’t seem to think it’s close and they think Jacoby adds value to this roster.  
 

I do think Jacoby adds a value that another poster brought up in this thread.  He knows this offense better than any QB on the roster and with Rivers trying to get his head around the new offense I doubt he’s going to be doing much to mentor Eason.  Jacoby’s knowledge and the fact he’s a born leader makes him a really good guy to do that.  
 

He also provides starter experience and knows the offense that he could take over in short order.  That’s exactly what you want in a backup.  If Rivers went down Brissett could come in and run the full offense right away.  He’s not another kid getting his first taste of real action.  
 

If you listen to the Colts it’s settled Rivers and Jacoby are the top two guys and Kelly and Eason are in a “battle” for the third spot.  I put battle in quotation marks because I think that’s more designed to push Eason than anything else.   
 

I don’t see them moving Jacoby right now either.  There just isn’t anything to gain from it that will provide significant value.  I will say there might be another window around roster cuts and early season should there be a major injury and team needs a QB.  With that said Irsay has seen this team get burned twice now by having “the” guy go down and not having a proven backup on the roster with Painter and Tolizen being those guys.  I think he’s learned his lesson and won’t be eager for Ballard to give away a proven backup for a yet again unproven backup option.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

Ah, I was under the impression that Hoyer was a 1 year deal. You're right though Colts do have a lot of money tied up in QB's this year. But I doubt anyone though the QB position was in any way settled last season.

 

Yeah...Luck retiring was obviously the catalyst. But I think they thought (maybe hoped is a better word) that they had at least a two-year solution...with the hope that JB would prove to be a long-term starter. But they quickly learned that they would have to change course. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If they wanted to give him a shot or saw enough of him to think he deserved a shot they would have done it last year in the last two games.  This is the NFL it’s not fair.  Not everyone gets a shot to show what they can do.  Teams keep guys around for the most part who they think is better now.  The Colts seem to think Jacoby is much better than Kelly.  They don’t seem to think it’s close and they think Jacoby adds value to this roster.  

 

I do think Jacoby adds a value that another poster brought up in this thread.  He knows this offense better than any QB on the roster and with Rivers trying to get his head around the new offense I doubt he’s going to be doing much to mentor Eason.  Jacoby’s knowledge and the fact he’s a born leader makes him a really good guy to do that.

 

He also provides starter experience and knows the offense that he could take over in short order.  That’s exactly what you want in a backup.  If Rivers went down Brissett could come in and run the full offense right away.  He’s not another kid getting his first taste of real action.  

 

If you listen to the Colts it’s settled Rivers and Jacoby are the top two guys and Kelly and Eason are in a “battle” for the third spot.  I put battle in quotation marks because I think that’s more designed to push Eason than anything else.   

 

I don’t see them moving Jacoby right now either.  There just isn’t anything to gain from it that will provide significant value.  I will say there might be another window around roster cuts and early season should there be a major injury and team needs a QB.  With that said Irsay has seen this team get burned twice now by having “the” guy go down and not having a proven backup on the roster with Painter and Tolizen being those guys.  I think he’s learned his lesson and won’t be eager for Ballard to give away a proven backup for a yet again unproven backup option.

 

They weren't going to bench JB. The optics of that were awful...for everyone involved. 

 

I don't really know how they feel about Kelly...so it's JMO...but I think a situation where Eason/Kelly battle for backup duties could work just fine. Rivers hasn't missed a game in 224 straight...so being his backup is probably more about cost and/or long-term value...not the short-term. That's not to say it's impossible he will miss games...just very unlikely.

 

There is certainly significant monetary value to be gained in moving on from JB...but keeping him does seem like the direction they are taking. Though I think things are settled until they aren't...a lot can happen.

 

Irsay saying they got burned twice seems disingenuous...the Colts benefited massively from those recent bad seasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Indeee said:

I posted this in another thread and regardless of whatever "fun" this thread is suppose to incite, and regardless of whether or not you like my metaphors, this is the "Current" problem below

 

I think this organization and fanbase is at an internal crossroads and I think it really isn't any real fault of their own at the foundational issue that has caused this. Not bashing Luck, but being completely honest, Luck set this team into a cracked foundation, a crack we have not yet been able to seal properly. Where I do believe that this organization has, for the most part, built upon that foundation that was damaged or not laid correctly by Grigson, the missing piece is the piece that stabilizes the base and that is the QB. We ALL know this. I think the reason they have been so adamant about JB all along is that JB possess a lot of characteristics that normally, a sound structural part of a foundation would hold and through the first half of last season it seemed, even though not completely solidifying that quickly, that the crack might have a chance to eventually be sealed once it completely dried. Unfortunately though, that sealant(JB) never completely solidified and remains wet to the touch as we speak and began to seep out the sides of the crack, and that has bewildered everyone to as why? Why didn't JB completely solidify into that crack? Rivers, Kelly, and Eason are all band-aids at this point, with Rivers being the largest band-aid in the box. Rivers cannot be the sealant this team is looking for long term only because his cannister is pretty close to being empty. Whether it be Kelly or Eason, JB, or someone else, this team will never be completely rock solid at it's foundation until the void of a QB is sealed properly. IMO, this organization needs to completely scrape out and remove JB from this foundation to allow either Kelly or Eason the opportunity to completely solidify and fill that void, and if the organization still wants that to be JB then fine, but every ounce of his substance needs to be completely removed from that crack, allowing Kelly, Eason, and JB an equal shot to see who can solidify completely the quickest without any head starts or partially filled cracks. Filling a void partly with one substance that only slightly solidifies and then starts to either seep or break apart(JB), then slapping a patch over that area to stop the seeping while hoping it solidifies underneath(Rivers), and if that doesn't work entirely, entertaining the idea of using another substance to add to the part of the original substance that solidified partially in hoping each will bond together to fill the void, just won't work. Any builder will tell you that in order to get proper adhesion you must have one substance and one substance alone that will completely solidify and if the substance doesn't solidify on the first take, you clean out the area entirely and fill it again, you don't add to it and hope two substances gel together. IMHO, this organization needs to completely remove JB entirely from the foundation, however if they believe that JB can still completely solidify and just needs a little more time to dry under the patch of Rivers, we won't have that QB void completely solidified anytime soon.


Crack is whack!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 1:27 AM, CurBeatElite said:

I could see us potentially trading him to a team (potentially NE) for a 5th round pick

Super Bowl-winning quarterback Nick Foles was traded for a fourth round, three time Pro Bowl quarterback Andy Dalton could not generate a trade and had to be released, three time Pro Bowl quarterback Cam Newton could not generate a trade and had to be released. No one is giving the Colts a 5th round pick for Jacoby Brissett and his contact.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, MikeCurtis said:

LOL

 

Sheeze, Chloe..... picking fights already?
 

I think there are a few possible outcomes.....

 

1) If they are both equally average. Eason makes the Team, CK does not, JB Stays

 

2) If Eason is excellent and CK is average or less, CK is gone , JB Stays

 

3) If CK is excellent and Eason is way below average , Eason is cut , JB Stays

 

4) If they BOTH are excellent, they both stay, and a conversation of trade or cut goes to JB

 

 

Yeah, option 4 wins by a mile for the present and especially for the future...Eason or Kelly as starter and the other as the backup.

Brissett should have been gone long ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it says a lot about this team when there can be a discussion if it’s 4th round pick will make the team.  Great depth everywhere. 
 

My opinion on either of these guys is it really doesn’t matter.  Both are high level backups at best but most likely neither will have a career worth talking about.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 3:17 AM, GoColts8818 said:

It’s the NFL injuries happen, don’t forget Jacoby got hurt behind this same line last year.  So while having a good line lowers your risk for injury it doesn’t completely negate it.  
 

The Colts aren’t hurting for money this year.  They had more than enough money to spend on guys they wanted so his contract isn’t a big deal to him this year and it’s the last year of that deal.  
 

Also, they want the best backup they can have if the starter gets hurt and they think Jacoby is better than Kelly.  I know that’s hard for some to understand (and I don’t mean that as an insult I am not a big Jacoby fan myself).  I am just listening to everything the team says.  It’s pretty clear they haven’t given up on Jacoby even if the fans have.  
 

It’s becoming clear that the Colts don’t think Kelly is anywhere close to as good as some fans want him to be.  If they did they would give him a shot.  The fact that they haven’t at every chance should tell people something.  

Ya that can happen when the defender responsible for the injury is getting away with hands to the face...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2020 at 7:09 PM, KelownaColtsFan said:

I kinda hope they dump Jacoby and Let Kelly and Eason battle it out. We know what we have in Brissett and that is a quality back up at best. I don't see the point in keeping him around if all he's doing is taking practice snaps away from the other 2. 

Unfortunately the Colts have about 20 million reasons to keep JB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Lets see if we can find a couple of more reasons to whine about Brissett? 

Ballard has said Brissett is the back up QB at this time. End of story. 

I don't know who has got more bashed on this site, Chuck or JB, it is close. I don't count Trent because he actually was bad. Even when we were 5-2, some were saying we were winning despite him. What a pile of Horse dung, he had 2 300 yard games in that stretch and had 14 TD's and only 3 INT's. He helped us win games. He just isn't a franchise QB so let the haters pile on I guess homer simpson GIF. There is nothing wrong with keeping JB 1 more year as he is the 2nd best QB on the roster and is off the books after this year. I don't get the gripe by some in here??

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know who has got more bashed on this site, Chuck or JB, it is close. I don't count Trent because he actually was bad. Even when we were 5-2, some were saying we were winning despite him. What a pile of Horse dung, he had 2 300 yard games in that stretch and had 14 TD's and only 3 INT's. He helped us win games. He just isn't a franchise QB so let the haters pile on I guess homer simpson GIF. There is nothing wrong with keeping JB 1 more year as he is the 2nd best QB on the roster and is off the books after this year. I don't get the gripe by some in here??

I have no problem with what anyone really says about Brissett at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions no doubt.

My thing is there is nothing more one way or another that can be said. To keep harping over and over not only gets old it don't say anything new. Personally, I hate a broken record. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have no problem with what anyone really says about Brissett at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinions no doubt.

My thing is there is nothing more one way or another that can be said. To keep harping over and over not only gets old it don't say anything new. Personally, I hate a broken record. 

That is my deal too. Some just want to dwell on it. We have Rivers now so I am over it. Brissett is a solid backup as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, horseshoepower said:

Eason, picked a bad year to be a rookie. 

I see the opposite, he's not going to have to compete to make it through to next year.

Ballard loves his draft picks too much.

 

JMHO

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2020 at 8:20 AM, MikeCurtis said:

Forum Frustrations

 

1) People that HAVE to be right (we all do this a bit)

 

2) People with no sense of humor

 

3) People that 100% Know the future

 

4) People that consider their opinion as LIFE or DEATH situation

 

5) People that have to crush another person or opinion (We ALL root for the same team... which means our IQ is 10-20% higher than the average person :) )

 

 

Did I miss anything?

I would include fans who continually think they know more than the coaching staff. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I would include fans who continually think they know more than the coaching staff. 

That's like some people continue to think Chad Kelly is good but yet once again same result. I have nothing against Chad but apparently Reich and Ballard don't think he is good. JB isn't in that good category either as a starter but he is a great backup and solid leader.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteelCityColt said:

I can’t see Kelly landing on another roster. Not sure off hand if he is still PS eligible.

I think he can be on one for one more year but I could be wrong.  I expect him to be brought back to the Colts PS if that’s the case.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I can’t see Kelly landing on another roster. Not sure off hand if he is still PS eligible.

You can keep up to 4 players with unlimited years/experience now.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I can’t see Kelly landing on another roster. Not sure off hand if he is still PS eligible.

I think he is eligible for the PS, If I was the Colts I would keep him there. It went as I predicted = Rivers 1, JB 2, Eason 3, Kelly PS. There was no way Eason was going to be cut being a 4th round pick unless he just looked bad. Not with that cannon arm.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:


I don’t see why they didn’t just move 53 to 57 in that case. Assuming it’s CBA related?

Players can be signed off a team’s PS at anytime if they are on a PS so if you are fringe player being on the PS might benefit you.  For teams I believe most PS contracts are cheaper than roster contracts.  So that’s probably why.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Players can be signed off a team at anytime if they are on a PS so if you are fringe player being on the PS might benefit you.  For teams I believe most PS contracts are cheaper than roster contracts.  So that’s probably why.


Good points. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:


I don’t see why they didn’t just move 53 to 57 in that case. Assuming it’s CBA related?

I think the union felt that the rules were prejudicial to older vets with experience. Honestly, I never understood why they gave preference to younger players without experience. I get it they want to allow for a chance to develop, but it's not called the develop squad. I'd be all for letting a team sign 4 guys a year that can't play, and are signed purely to develop.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, IinD said:

One of these days Chad will be vindicated and be our 15 year starter.

 

Until then, we'll have a yearly thread about him.. Lol

You know here is part of me that thinks the Colts really do see him as a possible back up next year but he’s become so tainted in a lot of fans minds because of people who want anyone but JB and are convinced Kelly is the future.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

You know here is part of me that thinks the Colts really do see him as a possible back up next year but he’s become so tainted in a lot of fans minds because of people who want anyone but JB and are convinced Kelly is the future.  

I just wanted to make a Kelly joke :D..

 

Let's hope Rivers keeps that durability he's had for a few more years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2020 at 4:55 PM, IinD said:

One of these days Chad will be vindicated and be our 15 year starter.

 

Until then, we'll have a yearly thread about him.. Lol

In the meantime I agonize in melancholic sorrow by the reflection pond... wondering what might have been.

 

jetski.thumb.jpg.2aef71eb9e338c1f77045d508564ba88.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever considered that, with Chad Kelly, Frank may just be doing a favor for long time friend Jim Kelly?  That Jim may have asked Frank to take Chad under his wing and help him get his head on straight for a couple of years.  It really is a win win, Kelly gets to be on a roster and learn the ins and outs of being a professional, the Colts get an emergency QB that could be electric for a few games.  Then after a couple of years, Kelly knows how to be a pro and can go to a team and earn his keep.

 

Just a theory.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of people want to make fun of Ck for some unknown reason. The bottom line is this when he has played he has played very well. Some will attack the fact that it was against 2nd teams. Regardless you can only play when you play. Putting him on the PS over Eason was smart becasue Eason would have been picked up and CK was more likely to clear waviers. That does not make him a bad player. I have watched Brissett Play and I have watched CK. CK is better. I do not understand what we are doing with Brissett.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

lots of people want to make fun of Ck for some unknown reason. The bottom line is this when he has played he has played very well. Some will attack the fact that it was against 2nd teams. Regardless you can only play when you play. Putting him on the PS over Eason was smart becasue Eason would have been picked up and CK was more likely to clear waviers. That does not make him a bad player. I have watched Brissett Play and I have watched CK. CK is better. I do not understand what we are doing with Brissett.

 

JB is on this roster because hes been paid to be on this roster. His great leadership is a plus.

 

But the anti CK group will do their utmost to talk him down, simply, and seriously simply because a handful of us liked what we saw out of him when he did play. 

 

It really kind of blows my mind a bit because it wasn't completely insane to want a different QB over JB in 2019, and yet, here we are. The butt of everyones joke simply because you wanted to see what this QB had because the season was going down hill (once JB went down and came back) every week. 

 

But we are cRaZy!! Its CrAzY to want to see what a QB can do vs starters. CRazY I tell ya!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny that JB supporters play the "trust the FO card" or "I trust Ballard over Armchair GMs", yet they can't take the fact that Ballard signed Rivers because he doesn't trust JB (and he's paying JB $20 million to sit on the bench as a backup), and he drafted Eason to be the future. They say they trust Ballard and the FO over armchair GMs? Well trust the fact that Ballard doesn't trust JB to start for the present or the future with the signing of Rivers and the drafting of Eason. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Rivers and Eason is Ballard admitting his mistake with Brissett. Actions speak louder than words. Ballard's actions agree with the people the JB supporters are arguing against even if he won't bash JB verbally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I find it funny that JB supporters play the "trust the FO card" or "I trust Ballard over Armchair GMs", yet they can't take the fact that Ballard signed Rivers because he doesn't trust JB (and he's paying JB $20 million to sit on the bench as a backup), and he drafted Eason to be the future. They say they trust Ballard and the FO over armchair GMs? Well trust the fact that Ballard doesn't trust JB to start for the present or the future with the signing of Rivers and the drafting of Eason. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Rivers and Eason is Ballard admitting his mistake with Brissett. Actions speak louder than words. Ballard's actions agree with the people the JB supporters are arguing against even if he won't bash JB verbally.

You left out the part where people who defend JB tend to say trust Ballard to keep JB as the BACKUP very few if any are calling for him to be the starter.  They are just disputing the opinion some have that Chad Kelly is better than Brissett.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He left out the part where people who defend JB tend to say trust Ballard to keep JB as the BACKUP very few if any are calling for him to be the starter.  They are just disputing the opinion some have that Chad Kelly is better than Brissett.  

JB should be the backup this year. He's getting paid for one more year, and at least he can minimize mistakes if Rivers misses a game or two. At this point, Kelly is PS material. There is no point in him being on the 53 with Rivers and Eason. The issue was last year at the end of the season without Rivers and Eason. Chad may or may not be better than Brissett, we don't know and probably will never know. Last year was the opportunity to see that. All we know is Brissett is a backup, nothing more, and Kelly is a guy with potential that was probably worth starting with two pointless games at the end of the season as the result meant nothing since we were eliminated from the playoffs. It's just the principle of it. Doesn't matter who's better, it was more about gaining info in a real life game or two.

 

As of now, Brissett will be gone after this season unless he takes a huge pay cut. Rivers could either way depending on if he wants to play 1 more year. It'll probably be Eason, maybe Kelly, and a draft pick or FA signing fighting over the QB spot next year. As far as Kelly goes, it'll be a what if that never materializes, but it was still a poor move not to see what you have in him in two meaningless games, and one that could ultimately bite us later if we release him and he latches on somewhere else because we didn't see what he could actually do against real competition.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

JB should be the backup this year. He's getting paid for one more year, and at least he can minimize mistakes if Rivers misses a game or two. At this point, Kelly is PS material. There is no point in him being on the 53 with Rivers and Eason. The issue was last year at the end of the season without Rivers and Eason. Chad may or may not be better than Brissett, we don't know and probably will never know. Last year was the opportunity to see that. All we know is Brissett is a backup, nothing more, and Kelly is a guy with potential that was probably worth starting with two pointless games at the end of the season as the result meant nothing since we were eliminated from the playoffs. It's just the principle of it. Doesn't matter who's better, it was more about gaining info in a real life game or two.

 

As of now, Brissett will be gone after this season unless he takes a huge pay cut. Rivers could either way depending on if he wants to play 1 more year. It'll probably be Eason, maybe Kelly, and a draft pick or FA signing fighting over the QB spot next year. As far as Kelly goes, it'll be a what if that never materializes, but it was still a poor move not to see what you have in him in two meaningless games, and one that could ultimately bite us later if we release him and he latches on somewhere else because we didn't see what he could actually do against real competition.

That’s what the vast majority think.  There are still people who thought Kelly was the best QB on the roster minus Rivers.  That’s what the majority objected too.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...