Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most likely number to be re-issued

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'd love to see you pee blood, have a separated shoulder, and be constantly hit and tell me what you'd do. It's over. Move on.

I wouldn't retire during preseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'd love to see you pee blood, have a separated shoulder, and be constantly hit and tell me what you'd do. It's over. Move on.

I guess he can sit home and count his 97 million dollars he made in a short time.

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Oh, horse hockey. I was in the Army for several years and we got paid to do what we were signed up to do. That's it. If you die, your survivors get some extra money, not MILLIONS. Luck played a GAME and got ultra rich for doing it. I am NEVER going to feel sorry for Andrew Luck. No Way.

I call complete CLOWN SHOES on anyone who feels otherwise. 

• Like 3
On 5/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, ar1888 said:

Unretire 19,22,24,70,77,82,and 89.   They are all Baltimore Colts jersey numbers, very few fans have connection to them in Indy. The Ravens already put a Johnny Unitas statue outside of their stadium in 2002.

You must not read this forum much. I’m guessing 30% or more of the posters on here have connections to the Baltimore Colts of the 1950-1970 era.

I think they will all be reissued at some point.  They have reissued 93 and 32 and both of them were as good and as important to this team other than maybe Marvin and even Marvin’s number was reissued from Mackey.  

The only number from the Indy Colts that isn’t going to be used again is 18 for obvious reasons.  

52 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

You must not read this forum much. I’m guessing 30% or more of the posters on here have connections to the Baltimore Colts of the 1950-1970 era.

Not to mention the guy who owns the team family owned the team in Baltimore and embraces that part of the franchise history.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2020 at 3:15 AM, CR91 said:

Maybe, but Irsay has a strong relationship with Andrew so there might be a little convincing needed.

Ya but I think the fact that most reports say he isn't thinking about coming back I'd say he is happy being retired.

3 hours ago, ThePowerslave said:

Maybe not but face fact if he couldn't 100% commit to the team he was right it would not only sell the team short but himself too he made the right decision. As for waiting so long to do it I don't think he went into spring OTA's thinking it was over I think when the Calf and Ankle thing stretched through the summer months and nothing he did seemed to be working that's when I think he said that's it im done. He said it loud and clear in his retirement press conference he would play hurt again like he did in 2016 so I don't blame him for retiring timing sucked but its whatever. Maybe if the Colts would have built around him when he was first drafted he wouldn't be retired already.

2 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Oh, horse hockey. I was in the Army for several years and we got paid to do what we were signed up to do. That's it. If you die, your survivors get some extra money, not MILLIONS. Luck played a GAME and got ultra rich for doing it. I am NEVER going to feel sorry for Andrew Luck. No Way.

I call complete CLOWN SHOES on anyone who feels otherwise. 

I'm not comparing Luck in the military. Obviously there is no comparison. All I'm saying is Luck endured so much pain in his time here. Who are we to say rather or not he should retire. It's his choice and obviously he's content with it.

38 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya but I think the fact that most reports say he isn't thinking about coming back I'd say he is happy being retired.

I didn't mean for Luck to return. That ship has sailed. I meant letting someone else wear 12.

3 hours ago, ThePowerslave said:

That's what you're upset with? The timing of it? You really think Andrew did this on purpose? Obviously he was fully committed to play in 2019, but unfortunately he got hurt again. That's not something you can plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/1/2020 at 10:50 AM, ar1888 said:

Unretire 19,22,24,70,77,82,and 89.   They are all Baltimore Colts jersey numbers, very few fans have connection to them in Indy. The Ravens already put a Johnny Unitas statue outside of their stadium in 2002.

I tend to agree with you. As they never retired #83 Ted Hendricks and #88 John Mackey, I’m not sure why these other  numbers are retired in Indy. Those numbers above, plus these two, are covered in the Ravens Ring of Honor, so the history is covered.  If you are a Baltimore Colts history buff, whether Baltimore or Indy, those guys have numbers in the rafters. It’s there for all Colt’s fans to view, along with the Johnny U statue. If I go to Canton , those guys are in the Indy section with Baltimore Colt busts. It’s covered there too. 

If Indy wanted to be consistent , they should have never given away # 88 to Marvin Harrison , who was a fabulous Hall of Famer in his own right. I’m fine if Indy wants to keep the numbers retired , but most younger Indy fans don’t identify with the old Baltimore Colts. 

I get Jim liking the old Baltimore Colts history, but the more successful history occurred before his family owned it. In my opinion , he has collected this part of Colts history like a John Lennon autographed guitar.  That being said, it’s his franchise, and if he wants to keep those numbers retired and honor those old Baltimore Colts , it’s fine. There just wasn’t a consistent retirement of all Baltimore Colt numbers in Indy, that jived with those retired in Baltimore. 

• Like 1

Again, you can't act like Colts history started when Peyton Manning was drafted.  There were other great players that wore some of those numbers.  Mike Curtis 32, John Mackey 88 to name two.