Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Second Round 34Th Pick...

Indeee

I can truly see the Colts taking Fleener here with our current tight end situation. Eldrige is the blocker< Fleener would be the pass catcher.

Look at draft list and come up with possible teams needing a TE before our 34th pick

who would possibly take him before we can draft him?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

na im guessing they go CB because we lack one guy there but if we dont get a fa NT i think thats what we are getting...this draft is deep in WR you can find a starter on round 3, and 4

I agree two biggest needs on this team are secondary and with this new defense a NT. In the second round there are great players at both positions available. If the Colts don't sign a NT, I see 2nd round NT, 3rd round CB. This secondary was awful and they need to address the issue. As far as WR, I am fine with 3rd or 4th round. The offense isn't that bad, there just wasn't a QB last year, the defense needs alot more work. If anything I would like a power RB, but I am fine with saving that for the first round of next year's draft.

The mock draft gurus at ESPN both seem to think Fleener going to the Giants at pick 32. They had a couple injuries there this past year and need some help there. Fleener would be good for us because of playing at Stanford with Luck, but don't see us taking a TE that early. Maybe we will play without the position this year and pick one next year, only kidding. There aren't many TEs in this draft, but a lot of TEs still available in free agency at this time.

wasnt the TE of the cowbows signed by the gians...i seriously doubt the giants will take a TE with their 1st, this class is weak on TE im thinking they wait till next year. they are going G IMO. maybe WR if the right one falls.

You're right the Giants did take TE from Cowboys, that may have happened after the last Mock Draft update was done. Still don't see us taking one in draft early on. Maybe late rounds, undrafted rookie like the old days, still a lot of time in free agency before draft. Could be waiting for final decision by Tamme and other free agent from Colts, though likely both gone.

What if the Rams take him at 33? I will be furious.

Why? The TE class is weak and honestly not our biggest need at the moment. While getting Fleener would be nice, if the Colts do not get him or choose someone else just remember that there are a few other decent TEs as well in the draft and overall this TE class isn't good in comparison to years past.

Why? The TE class is weak and honestly not our biggest need at the moment. While getting Fleener would be nice, if the Colts do not get him or choose someone else just remember that there are a few other decent TEs as well in the draft and overall this TE class isn't good in comparison to years past.

Not that I'm saying I want Fleener over everybody, I was responding to the original topic. I do believe the Colts probably have him on a short list. My comment was more in reference to the Rams snagging someone that most people want when they have the first pick in the round because of that stupid rule.

Hey, why do we have the 34th pick and not the 33rd?

This has been discussed multiple times in the past months. When teams have the same record, the team that picked first in the first round, picks second in the second and they alternate throughout the rest of the draft.

The guys who I like that are projected around there are Fleener, Fletcher Cox, Janoris Jenkins, or possibly Stephon Gilmore. If those guys are all gone, I'd probably trade back unless someone that isn't projected for there falls.

I agree.... and if we can possibly squeeze in a solid free agent NT in addition to the signing of C Samson Satele, we would gain even more flexibility with that #34 pick, which should draw some trade interest.

I agree.... and if we can possibly squeeze in a solid free agent NT in addition to the signing of C Samson Satele, we would gain even more flexibility with that #34 pick, which should draw some trade interest.

Totally. With the way Grigson has went into free agency, I don't feel like the team's holes are as prominent as I felt they were a couple weeks ago.

I love the Redding and Satele signings.

na im guessing they go CB because we lack one guy there but if we dont get a fa NT i think thats what we are getting...this draft is deep in WR you can find a starter on round 3, and 4

I agree. Lets get Josh Robinson at CB with the second round pick and Alameda Ta'Amu with the third.

I agree. Lets get Josh Robinson at CB with the second round pick and Alameda Ta'Amu with the third.

With us not signing a FA NT yet, we better hope Alameda Ta'amu is there in the 3rd. And I think our 2nd round pick is too high for him. I want the best WR, DB, or DE/OLB taken.

Fleener will go in the 1st RD

Some people are backing off that. When I first posted my desire to take Fleener in the 2nd, he was listed as the consensus #3 TE in the draft. He has since moved up to the #1 consensus TE.

He'll likely be there and we should take him.

I can truly see the Colts taking Fleener here with our current tight end situation. Eldrige is the blocker< Fleener would be the pass catcher.

Look at draft list and come up with possible teams needing a TE before our 34th pick

who would possibly take him before we can draft him?

Maybe Denver if they don't bring in Clark or Tamme...but I doubt it. I too have had this same thought/hope. It would be nice to give Luck his safety blanket.

I've been saying Chase Minnifield, but I just want the Colts to take a CB there. If Gilmore is there than take him, just take the best CB at the 34 spot.

I think Minnifield is a 3rd rounder now. I easily see him making it to the 65th pick. Seems like his stock just hasn't gone up since the combine or his pro day.

I've been saying Chase Minnifield, but I just want the Colts to take a CB there. If Gilmore is there than take him, just take the best CB at the 34 spot.

so the colts should take a cb at 34 even if he's mediocre........great idea

the above is chapter one in the book "how to suck at drafting"

Really, what gives you the ability to decide what sux in the draft are you a hall fame GM. If you don't think this team needs a top flight WR,you need to check out the roster and if you noticed I agreed CB is just as important. Got loves guys who use this form to practice their comedy acts.

The 2 crappiest teams flip-flop picks in each successive round if they have the same record. I think all tied teams do.... but I'm not sure about that part.

haha nice description

Fleener would be nice. A solid pick to help Luck's transition to the NFL by giving him some familiarity with a guy he's worked with a lot. However, we must also look at the talent available. If there is a good CB or NT available, I would say those are more pressing needs than a TE

Mediocre? http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/chase-minnifield?id=2532913

"Minnifield is a savvy and polished corner who may not electrify a defense at the next level but projects to be serviceable as a starting corner and a stalwart in both defending the pass and run. Minnifield clearly understands how to play to his strengths. While it can seem at times like he has a "just don't get beat deep" mentality at the position, he is an effective player who will fill in run support and also cover in both man and zone. Minnifield would likely excel in a zone scheme at the next level and does not quite possess the speed and athletic ability to be taken in the first round of the draft. Expect him to be taken at some point in the second and contribute early."

--

Sure, he has his weaknesses, but he certainly doesn't seem mediocre

Really, what gives you the ability to decide what sux in the draft are you a hall fame GM. If you don't think this team needs a top flight WR,you need to check out the roster and if you noticed I agreed CB is just as important. Got loves guys who use this form to practice their comedy acts.

of course the colts need a top flight wr....that doesn't mean i'm taking whatever wr is left with the 34 pick. it would be awesome for the colts to pass on a pro bowl caliber te, lb or g because they had to take a wr even if he's mediocre.

Mediocre? http://www.nfl.com/c...ield?id=2532913

"Minnifield is a savvy and polished corner who may not electrify a defense at the next level but projects to be serviceable as a starting corner and a stalwart in both defending the pass and run. Minnifield clearly understands how to play to his strengths. While it can seem at times like he has a "just don't get beat deep" mentality at the position, he is an effective player who will fill in run support and also cover in both man and zone. Minnifield would likely excel in a zone scheme at the next level and does not quite possess the speed and athletic ability to be taken in the first round of the draft. Expect him to be taken at some point in the second and contribute early."

--

Sure, he has his weaknesses, but he certainly doesn't seem mediocre

i wasn't referring to minnifield. he said the colts should take the best cb left...which would be a horrible idea.

haha nice description

Fleener would be nice. A solid pick to help Luck's transition to the NFL by giving him some familiarity with a guy he's worked with a lot. However, we must also look at the talent available. If there is a good CB or NT available, I would say those are more pressing needs than a TE

Yeah.... at the #34 pick I agree.

Unless a Freeney trade and added draft extra pick plus additional cap space happens, allowing us to maybe sign a free agent NT..... Fleener might be a luxury we can't afford at that spot.

Maybe Grigson has one more trick up his sleeve and we can land a veteran NT.

Medicore? You clearly have no idea who this guy is. Watch some highlights, read some articles and read some quotes from his coaches, and come back to me.