Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
WoolMagnet

Afternoon pancakes

I wanna like it, they seem like good dudes, but why do i feel i have a better grip on all that is Colts.  This last episode was bad, comical at times.  Im happy to get info , but not much “meat” here, that i’ve heard.

On the other hand, i really like listening to Matt Danely.  
anyone know of any other good casts?

i check the guys during the season at the radio site, but Danely is probably my favorite that I've found.

I like Kevin's corner though I admit that as each week goes by, the more and more I feel like he wants to be Dan Dakich. Meaning I like him better when he's not trying to shoot back at criticism towards him and he just sticks to the program.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I wanna like it, they seem like good dudes, but why do i feel i have a better grip on all that is Colts.  This last episode was bad, comical at times.  Im happy to get info , but not much “meat” here, that i’ve heard.

On the other hand, i really like listening to Matt Danely.  
anyone know of any other good casts?

i check the guys during the season at the radio site, but Danely is probably my favorite that I've found.

I had to fast forward the first five minutes because of his ridiculous covid take. I dont want a lecture or to hear about the virus on a colts podcast.  They are so long I listen when I go to bed. Usually I fall asleep lol. Matt is ok and so is Chris Shepard.

• Like 1

Kevin’s corner and Blue zone. I lost a little respect for For the Colture. They seem to always have stupid hot takes. 

• Confused 1

Stephen Reed is okay but the main guy, Jared Mallot or however it’s spelled, can get pretty grating. He was super pro-Brissett well into the season, to the point of being stubborn/ignorant.

The volume discrepancies are SO BAD when I listen. One dude is louder than the others and I have to crank it to hear them and then turn it down when the other guy starts talking. They also don't typically lead into their commercials so they just cone on at 200% volume out of nowhere. Annoying. They also are a terrible representation of the fandom with their unnecessary and relentless attacks on Titans fans. I'm all for a good rivalry and ribbing, but these dudes just don't shut the hell up about them ever. Not a fan. Used to like Danely too but he should have stayed "retired" or whatever. For the last year or so he sounds so negative and flustered all the time. I still listen cuz I'm a Colts junkie, but I'm definitely open to some more (better) pods if anyone has any.

Bring the juice with Cody Felger and Derek Larger is pretty good. They have been having colt player interviews. They had Banogu on a while back.

I clicked on this thread thinking it was highlight videos of Q.....

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

I clicked on this thread thinking it was highlight videos of Q.....

I was thinking Bud Light and Hotcakes vid from Qs kitchen again....

As far as podcasts go. All are hit or miss. Rarely do they have something truly insightful. I used to listen to everything out there. Not so much anymore. I'll pick things back up when camp comes around.

Matt Danely  has his flaws (tongue tied,  his intro rap)  but he usually has insightful ideas and thoughts, not just the obvious. I still listen to him sometimes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Matt Danely  has his flaws (tongue tied,  his intro rap)  but he usually has insightful ideas and thoughts, not just the obvious. I still listen to him sometimes. 

Im not a fan of the “fly route, lets air it out” rap either.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Im not a fan of the “fly route, lets air it out” rap either.

...and I’m not bagging on rap in general ( nor him really cause I like the guy)...I just think he can do better. If I had my own podcast, I would want a killer intro.  
Also, if he is dyslexic, I apologize. I wouldn’t make fun of that.

40 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

...and I’m not bagging on rap in general ( nor him really cause I like the guy)...I just think he can do better. If I had my own podcast, I would want a killer intro.  
Also, if he is dyslexic, I apologize. I wouldn’t make fun of that.

Not a big fan of rap.  Usually too loud, negative, degrading to women and many other things, and hard for me to call “music.”

also hard to relate to most of it. Cars, champagne, bimbos, Guns,“dollas“..... not my cup of tea. Just “noise” to me.

Its more like poetry to a beat.  Bad poetry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

- Locked on Colts

- Bring the Juice
- For the COLTure

- Kevin’s Corner (best one IMO)

- Cover 2

- One Percent Better

I listen to all these podcasts.

I’ve tried Stampedeblue, but they are just not for me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not a big fan of rap.  Usually too loud, negative, degrading to women and many other things, and hard for me to call “music.”

also hard to relate to most of it. Cars, champagne, bimbos, Guns,“dollas“..... not my cup of tea. Just “noise” to me.

Its more like poetry to a beat.  Bad poetry.

A big percentage of Rap has no melody. It don't have musicians working together getting the right sound down.

Drum machines and computer generated bass lines turn me off. 

• Like 2

I’ve given Locked On several chances. Just not for me..the main guy Evan is just blah. Gave all the podcasts a post draft listen and he had a guy on and the guy was talkin Malik Hooker and on his own mentioned scheme fit, injuries, etc. Evan from Locked On’s immediate response was so why don’t you feel like he’s worked out the way he was expected to coming out of Ohio St? Ummmmm he just told you. 

FortheColture is good if you can tolerate Luke goin on rants and saying the same thing over and over again. Their podcast episodes could shorten up if they wanted. 

I would agree Kevin Bowen’s is the best. Besides him, I’ve found myself listening to JMV/Dakich interviews with various guests over Colts specific podcasts. 

I agree Kevin’s corner is the best one. Although he is media you can tell he is a fan also. So For the Colture trashed bring the juice for copying them. Which is absurd. Luke has turned to much into a shock jock hot take guy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I agree Kevin’s corner is the best one. Although he is media you can tell he is a fan also. So For the Colture trashed bring the juice for copying them. Which is absurd. Luke has turned to much into a shock jock hot take guy.

Yea his rants are annoying. But to me even if they did copy who cares? At the end of the day it’s fan podcasts. If I was going to start a podcast I would take elements from various ones I like and try to come up with a good combo. 

29 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Yea his rants are annoying. But to me even if they did copy who cares? At the end of the day it’s fan podcasts. If I was going to start a podcast I would take elements from various ones I like and try to come up with a good combo. 

Not just that when your covering the same team your going to have the same content. 

My absolute favorite is Kevin Bowen podcast. Pretty good takes and he hits a lot of areas. I’ve not seen him talk down to anyone even when you hear a question and think huh? Just good. 

mad for the podcast that someone mentioned with the 2 guys and one mic is normal volume and the second one is at level 1000, that’s annoying. I’ve listed to several and sometimes I just move on after a little when the content seems to be lacking. 

the covid lecture was ridiculous!

whichever one Steven Holder is in I quit listening to as too many of his Twitter rants turn into politics and hatred of the president so I turn him off. Just stick to the sports reporting is my thoughts. 

• Like 2

It’s a really stupid name too:

”Afternoon Pancakes”?

I hate it based on that alone.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jdubu said:

My absolute favorite is Kevin Bowen podcast. Pretty good takes and he hits a lot of areas. I’ve not seen him talk down to anyone even when you hear a question and think huh? Just good. 

mad for the podcast that someone mentioned with the 2 guys and one mic is normal volume and the second one is at level 1000, that’s annoying. I’ve listed to several and sometimes I just move on after a little when the content seems to be lacking. 

the covid lecture was ridiculous!

whichever one Steven Holder is in I quit listening to as too many of his Twitter rants turn into politics and hatred of the president so I turn him off. Just stick to the sports reporting is my thoughts. 

Yea back when I had Twitter I unfollowed him pretty pretty quick. If I want politics I’ll put it on politics. Plus as someone else mentioned some people you can tell they are a Colts fan even if it’s their job to write and talk about the Colts. The content is much better with those people such as Kevin. With Holder I don’t get that vibe.  He’s here for a paycheck. 

• Like 3

Bring the Juice is good but there is one guy who constantly pronounces Khari Willis wrong and it being a Colts podcast it is very frustrating lol 

5 hours ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Bring the Juice is good but there is one guy who constantly pronounces Khari Willis wrong and it being a Colts podcast it is very frustrating lol 

I got to finish Kevin’s pod last night, going to listen to the 3 bring the juices pods that’s on the site. I often start them on my way to and from work. It breaks up my drive 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Yea back when I had Twitter I unfollowed him pretty pretty quick. If I want politics I’ll put it on politics. Plus as someone else mentioned some people you can tell they are a Colts fan even if it’s their job to write and talk about the Colts. The content is much better with those people such as Kevin. With Holder I don’t get that vibe.  He’s here for a paycheck. 

I had to unfollow as well. I asked a few times why would we need to inject politics into a sportswriters world, especially right now, given the world events that has shut everything down. When I said I come here to get updates on sports and others perspectives, not how awesome or stupid Trump and other policies are. Of course I got the attacks of just skip over them or you know where the unfollow button is. So I finally just deleted. Not worth arguing over just asking to keep it with sports. One thing I love about Kevin, he only talks sports and only tweets sports, that I’ve seen anyway. I know a few other indy beat writers have injected their political views into their twitter accounts too so my main go to is Bowen. 

• Like 1