Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who am I (NFL Edition)


Recommended Posts

I was drafted in 2012 and will be often criticised for a play that happened in the playoffs years later.

 

funny enough after that loss I joined that team who won 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Child Please, Chad Johnson   love it, great clue!!

Sid Luckman?

You all are impressive at these. You're like those experts who can look at only a girl's butt and deduce her identity.

You all are impressive at these. You're like those experts who can look at only a girl's butt and deduce her identity.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I was drafted in 2012 and will be often criticised for a play that happened in the playoffs years later.

 

funny enough after that loss I joined that team who won 

 

It sounds like something I should know. 

 

Are you referring to that Green Bay player who made a huge mistake that led to a loss to Seattle. He was a tight end, right? I think he signed with Seattle the following season. Can't recall his name.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

It sounds like something I should know. 

 

Are you referring to that Green Bay player who made a huge mistake that led to a loss to Seattle. He was a tight end, right? I think he signed with Seattle the following season. Can't recall his name.

no that's not it

next clue

 

this play made you furious @NFLfan

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

no that's not it

next clue

 

this play made you furious @NFLfan

 

So it was a Vikings player that went to play for another team. :thinking:

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very easy. Older fans know him well. @2006Coltsbestever, @crazycolt1, @pacolts56

 

I played 20 years in the NFL.  When I retired, I owned the career records for most consecutive starts and games played. I still hold the record for something, one of which resulted in two points for our opponent. :facepalm: Despite that embarrassment, many people believe I belong in the Hall of Fame like several of my teammates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

This is very easy. Older fans know him well. @2006Coltsbestever, @crazycolt1, @pacolts56

 

I played 20 years in the NFL.  When I retired, I owned the career records for most consecutive starts and games played. I still hold the record for something, one of which resulted in two points for our opponent. :facepalm: Despite that embarrassment, many people believe I belong in the Hall of Fame like several of my teammates.

Jim Marshall? That play was crazy haha 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I played QB for the Indianapolis Colts and have 1 career win vs the Texans as a starter, who am I?

 

Are you saying that this quarterback has 1 career win and that win came against the Texans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Are you saying that this player has 1 career win and that came against the Texans?

No just 1 win vs the Texans as a Colts starter. Now that I think about it 2 Colts QB's only have one win against them. So either answer is acceptable. If someone can name both that would be like a bonus haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They were QB-RB duo in highly successful high School team in California, went to different universities but had been the only high school teammates to share the honor of getting nominated for Heisman Trophy at that time (not at the same time) (not sure if it was repeated after them). 

 

One got drafted #1 overall draft pick, and the other got drafted #2 overall draft pick the next year by another team in 2000s. One was a Super Bowl champion. They are both highly regarded in their NFL career, and one of them has been an even more inspirational story as every day passes. Who are they?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

They were QB-RB duo in highly successful high School team in California, went to different universities but had been the only high school teammates to share the honor of getting nominated for Heisman Trophy at the same time (not sure if it was repeated after them). 

 

One got drafted #1 overall draft pick, and the other got drafted #2 overall draft pick the next year in 2000s. They are both highly regarded in their NFL career, and one of them has been an even more inspirational story as every day passes. Who are they?

 

Are they Alex Smith and Reggie Bush?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Correct, you're very strong in this timeline. :applause:

 

Have to change up the story a bit :jump:

 

It was not that easy. The "inspirational" part made me think of Smith. I followed college football closely in those days. 

 

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Had to edit a little later that they both were not Heisman Trophy finalists at the same time.

 

But they were both nominated in the same year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@VikingsFanInChennai

 

Give us another clue. I won't answer this time so that others will have a chance to play.

 

7 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

It's more fun if someone finds it out sooner rather than revealing it myself. 

 

You don't have to reveal. We have some knowledgable folks here. 

 

One clue I would have never gotten right is "Which active QB has thrown only 1 TD to a player that was drafted in the first round?" (I saw that in another thread. It means of all his TDs, all but one was scored by a player not drafted in the first round.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I played for my franchise for 16 years, finished my career as franchise leader in receptions and receiving yards. Also, have the highest number of TD catches thrown by my QB, which is an all-time NFL record between a QB and my position. I could be considered as one of the greatest to play my skill position in NFL history.

 

I DIDN'T play a single down of college football until NFL. I wanted to play for my college football coach so I chose the right college but I was also two-sport athlete. My football coach wanted me to fully commit to Football but I declined and transferred to play basketball. So, I never played college football and got selected by an NFL team on tryout. All is well that ends well as I could after all be enshrined in pro Football Hall of Fame. Who am I?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Kim Kardashian?

 

Oops.. it's not a question?

 

Nevermind, let's stick to Football.

He was obviously talking about Khloe. 

lmao jk

keeping up with the kardashians premiere GIF by KUWTK

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Weekend Double-Header:

 

A real conversation in QB room during coach's presentation:

 

HOF QB-  "Hey I got to ask you a question.”

Backup QB - “Yea what’s that?”

HOF QB- “What is this nickel defense he keeps talking about?”

Backup QB gave HOF QB a strange look.

Backup QB - “Are you serious?”

HOF QB - “Yeah I’m serious”

Backup QB - “Well it’s when the defense takes out a linebacker and replaces him with an extra defensive back.”

 HOF QB - “Is that it?”

Backup QB  - “Yeah, that’s it.”

HOF QB -  “Really? who gives a s___t”

 

Who am I, this HOF QB?

 

Thanks to @NFLfan for introducing me to this hilarious recap the first time. haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Thanks to @NFLfan for introducing me to this hilarious recap the first time. haha

 

Lol. Are you sure it was I that did? I don't remember. But I do remembe reading that somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I played for my franchise for 16 years, finished my career as franchise leader in receptions and receiving yards. Also, have the highest number of TD catches thrown by my QB, which is an all-time NFL record between a QB and my position. I could be considered as one of the greatest to play my skill position in NFL history.

 

I DIDN'T play a single down of college football until NFL. I wanted to play for my college football coach so I chose the right college but I was also two-sport athlete. My football coach wanted me to fully commit to Football but I declined and transferred to play basketball. So, I never played college football and got selected by an NFL team on tryout. All is well that ends well as I could after all be enshrined in pro Football Hall of Fame. Who am I?

 

Tony Gonzalez ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • So 2 of their starting WRs are out, and one of the number 2s is questionable.  They are basically down to one healthy starter (Hoagan), a questionable depth guy, and one healthy depth guy. Josh Malone has been signed to the active roster.   Starting RT is out, starting C is questionable.    Gotta feel sorry for Darnold. Not really. Hope we crush him lol.    
    • I agree with the WR statement, not necessarily a high first round pick  Then again, Pittman isn't really a take-the-top-off the defense type of WR like TY is, and Ballard spent a very high second on him.    Reich's offense is supposed to be about disbursing the ball around with plays schemed to assist non-stud pass catchers, more so than the offense we used to have.  But any NFL offense needs playmakers who can do something with the ball once they get it.     Having mid level talented skilled position players is sort of what we've had, and the lack of individual playmaking puts too much pressure on the QB and play caller executing the correct play.  Coaches benefit from having a player who can make two moves and go 60 yards by themselves, and they tend to not be found in mid to late rounds.   Also agreed about CB.  The zone scheme doesn't need a shut down corner like VD.  The scheme does need a 3 tech on the dline, and a better pass rush, so its nice to see the investment of pick 13 into a position that matters with the Buckner acquisition.   Personally, I think the pass rush can be done by committee.  Even great players get gassed.  But there should be one DE along with Buckner that the defense has to account for when he's in the game.  I think that player requires a first round investment.   I've always been less enthused about the need for a stud TE.  I think the plamaking pass catchers should be the WRs and versatile RBs, but to get the kind of TEs the NFL seems to want, I think its going to take a pretty high pick.   And then there is AC's retirement looming.  Always need a 1st rounder for a LT if you want him to start as a rookie, unless dumb luck lets one drop out of tree.
    • I really don't give 2 sheets about Ebron, but it's still all speculation. We don't know what the argument was.   But as I've said before, going from a guy who was our primary red zone target, to only getting 3 targets inside the 10 in 11 games in 2019 is pretty WTH, especially given our problems on O. And aside from his 3 drops in the Oakland game, he was pretty good (0 drops in the Pitt game and 3 games leading up to it) afterwards.    IMO, the writing was on the wall in terms of him not being extended. I don't blame him for going and getting his body taken care of if he knows he's not coming back. It's business.   At Pitt so far, he's got 4 catches for 61 yards, and 3 of those are for 1st downs. He's also had 2 drops.    
    • We need to worry about ourselves in this game. Players need to be smart and focused. No turnovers, no foolish mistakes. If we do that then we’ll be fine. But if we start turning over the ball in our own territory, then it’ll be a long afternoon.    We better be mentally prepared...
  • Members

    • Nadine

      Nadine 10,367

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 10,777

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • AZColt11

      AZColt11 1,878

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 224

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColtsGo5150

      GoColtsGo5150 267

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 1959Colts

      1959Colts 2,509

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jal8908

      jal8908 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • pgt_rob

      pgt_rob 2,420

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Blindside

      Blindside 33

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 4,108

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...