Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
csmopar

AV wants to return, may not be healthy for start of season

Recommended Posts

Why man why, go out on top. Dude will be walking out with a walker still shanking kicks wanting to kick. Love the guy but man, you're hurting the team verse helping

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in the minority, but i would love bringing back vinny, bringing him in under pup let him get his 600 and if he keeps kicking well let him keep going, if he sucks give him the option to retire

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No no no no no no no. Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let him go!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Did we ever find out exactly what the surgery in Dec was for?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely time to move on imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should move on, no doubt. I can however, see a team, in the middle of a year, if they are having kicker issues, get him for the tail end of the season. He can get his record then, just not as a Colt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love him to retire as a Colt, but at the same time if he want to continue elsewhere and reach another milestone in his HoF career that's great. We just look primed to move on IMO. Chase looked promising last season and Blankenshil offers promise too. Vinny lost us games last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He deserves the opportunity to compete.  But competing takes all issues into account, including availability.

 

If he's not ready to compete, that's on him.

 

However, we all know that when he's healthy, historically he's been money.   Kicking in the NFL is different than in college.  Just ask the Bucs fans about drafting a kicker in the 2nd round!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ludicrous to even comment on this regarding AV's situation.  Grandpa needs to move on and let the young guns take over....He can play that's he's choice but I hope not with this team....

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Why man why, go out on top. Dude will be walking out with a walker still shanking kicks wanting to kick. Love the guy but man, you're hurting the team verse helping

Last year was horrific for him and that wasn’t who he was his entire career as he has won more games than he has lost for sure. No need in disparaging the man. Having said that, I would not re-sign him for this year regardless. 

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We should move on, no doubt. I can however, see a team, in the middle of a year, if they are having kicker issues, get him for the tail end of the season. He can get his record then, just not as a Colt. 

We should move on. I believe if Vinny is healed and in shape for any part of the year, he will be able to kick for someone and get his goals set. I don’t feel it will be with us for the simple reason that we have what appears to be 2 players that can be our long term solutions to the kicking game as opposed to just the season in front of us. I’m pretty sure CB will also look at the long term outlook here as well. That’s my opinion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He deserves the opportunity to compete.  But competing takes all issues into account, including availability.

 

If he's not ready to compete, that's on him.

 

However, we all know that when he's healthy, historically he's been money.   Kicking in the NFL is different than in college.  Just ask the Bucs fans about drafting a kicker in the 2nd round!

 

Maybe Arians would love an AV re-union with Brady, like the Expendables. :) 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what everyone wanted to hear lmao . Vinatieri = GOAT but it isn't 2006 or even 2018 anymore. I love him but just retire man. Time to move on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard must be smarter than to bring AV back.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think hes still chasing records?

 

it hurt the team though, time to move on ffs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must be embarrassing with 90% of the post saying "move on" if AV sees all this, it should convince him that it is time to move on to the next chapter of his life, which is "retirement".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man. As much love as I have for Vinny. And as sad as it is. It’s that time dawg. We gotta move on. We just signed the best K in this draft class as an UDFA. Hot Rod. He’s gonna be our K for the next several years IMO. I’ll always love Adam but it’s time for him to hang it up and I say that with all due respect. He’s the best ever and a Colt for life. It’s just that time. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Man. As much love as I have for Vinny. And as sad as it is. It’s that time dawg. We gotta move on. We just signed the best K in this draft class as an UDFA. Hot Rod. He’s gonna be our K for the next several years IMO. I’ll always love Adam but it’s time for him to hang it up and I say that with all due respect. He’s the best ever and a Colt for life. It’s just that time. 

 

Actually I think Blankenship brought in to compete with Chase, but IMO it's Chase's job to lose. For me he has shown that he can handle the pressure last season. It will be a tough competition until the end of preseason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom line is, AV is an unrestricted free agent right now and the Colts have NOT re-signed him. Until I see any news about the Colts offering him a 1 year contract, he is as good as gone. No news is good news. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

 

yikes.

Is that maybe not as serious as it sounds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh.... let Belichick bring him in on a 1-day contract.... kick #600 as a Patriot in Fraudsborough where it all started.... and then retire.

 

Enough already. :bored:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Pro, but time to move on.

Father time waits for no man and its caught up with Adam. He was pretty bad last season and it became an embarrassing thing all round for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously?

Didn’t we/he learn his lesson last year.

i know he’s chasing records but ,please, not at our teams expense.  Ship him to Houston or Jax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His FG % has gone down every year since 2014.   Besides him having a bad season in 2019, there is a trend to back up his decline.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, PureLuck said:

 

Actually I think Blankenship was brought in to compete with Chase, but IMO it's Chase's job to lose.

I agree with the first bolded, but I will respectfully disagree with the second bolded. IMO, it's Blankenship's job to lose. I believe he will be doing FG's XP's, and also kickoffs for the Colts when game 1 rolls around. I do think Chase is solid and will land a job somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly hall of fame guy, best clutch kicker of all time. Would not have won the 06 SB without him.  All of that aside though respectively he can play his last year at 47 somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsva said:

 

I agree with the first bolded, but I will respectfully disagree with the second bolded. IMO, it's Blankenship's job to lose. I believe he will be doing FG's XP's, and also kickoffs for the Colts when game 1 rolls around. I do think Chase is solid and will land a job somewhere.

 

We'll see - Sanchez has done pretty good on kickoffs so far, so why would you change that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Honestly hall of fame guy, best clutch kicker of all time. Would not have won the 06 SB without him.  All of that aside though respectively he can play his last year at 47 somewhere else.

Yes.

As most have said, this team is built to compete.   Not the time to let a guy hang around for a record mark.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PureLuck said:

 

We'll see - Sanchez has done pretty good on kickoffs so far, so why would you change that?

When was the last time the Colts had a "kickoff specialist".   I recall a few years, maybe in the 2000's.   I can't recall a name though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right after he becomes older than Blanda was, bring him in for one game and a kick. Blanda has had that record long enough. Let Vinny have it.

I honestly think that's all he wants at this point.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were a General Manger of a NFL football team the chance of me signing a 47 year old placekicker who has statically been on the decline for a number of seasons, just had surgery on his knee, and does not expect to be fully healed and ready to play when the regular season stars is absolutely 0%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coltsva said:

No no no no no no no. Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let him go!

Tell the truth. How many of you sang that?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...