Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AV wants to return, may not be healthy for start of season


Recommended Posts

I am in the minority, but i would love bringing back vinny, bringing him in under pup let him get his 600 and if he keeps kicking well let him keep going, if he sucks give him the option to retire

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We should move on, no doubt. I can however, see a team, in the middle of a year, if they are having kicker issues, get him for the tail end of the season. He can get his record then, just not as a Colt. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love him to retire as a Colt, but at the same time if he want to continue elsewhere and reach another milestone in his HoF career that's great. We just look primed to move on IMO. Chase looked promising last season and Blankenshil offers promise too. Vinny lost us games last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He deserves the opportunity to compete.  But competing takes all issues into account, including availability.

 

If he's not ready to compete, that's on him.

 

However, we all know that when he's healthy, historically he's been money.   Kicking in the NFL is different than in college.  Just ask the Bucs fans about drafting a kicker in the 2nd round!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Why man why, go out on top. Dude will be walking out with a walker still shanking kicks wanting to kick. Love the guy but man, you're hurting the team verse helping

Last year was horrific for him and that wasn’t who he was his entire career as he has won more games than he has lost for sure. No need in disparaging the man. Having said that, I would not re-sign him for this year regardless. 

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We should move on, no doubt. I can however, see a team, in the middle of a year, if they are having kicker issues, get him for the tail end of the season. He can get his record then, just not as a Colt. 

We should move on. I believe if Vinny is healed and in shape for any part of the year, he will be able to kick for someone and get his goals set. I don’t feel it will be with us for the simple reason that we have what appears to be 2 players that can be our long term solutions to the kicking game as opposed to just the season in front of us. I’m pretty sure CB will also look at the long term outlook here as well. That’s my opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He deserves the opportunity to compete.  But competing takes all issues into account, including availability.

 

If he's not ready to compete, that's on him.

 

However, we all know that when he's healthy, historically he's been money.   Kicking in the NFL is different than in college.  Just ask the Bucs fans about drafting a kicker in the 2nd round!

 

Maybe Arians would love an AV re-union with Brady, like the Expendables. :) 

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man. As much love as I have for Vinny. And as sad as it is. It’s that time dawg. We gotta move on. We just signed the best K in this draft class as an UDFA. Hot Rod. He’s gonna be our K for the next several years IMO. I’ll always love Adam but it’s time for him to hang it up and I say that with all due respect. He’s the best ever and a Colt for life. It’s just that time. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Man. As much love as I have for Vinny. And as sad as it is. It’s that time dawg. We gotta move on. We just signed the best K in this draft class as an UDFA. Hot Rod. He’s gonna be our K for the next several years IMO. I’ll always love Adam but it’s time for him to hang it up and I say that with all due respect. He’s the best ever and a Colt for life. It’s just that time. 

 

Actually I think Blankenship brought in to compete with Chase, but IMO it's Chase's job to lose. For me he has shown that he can handle the pressure last season. It will be a tough competition until the end of preseason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The bottom line is, AV is an unrestricted free agent right now and the Colts have NOT re-signed him. Until I see any news about the Colts offering him a 1 year contract, he is as good as gone. No news is good news. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, PureLuck said:

 

Actually I think Blankenship was brought in to compete with Chase, but IMO it's Chase's job to lose.

I agree with the first bolded, but I will respectfully disagree with the second bolded. IMO, it's Blankenship's job to lose. I believe he will be doing FG's XP's, and also kickoffs for the Colts when game 1 rolls around. I do think Chase is solid and will land a job somewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsva said:

 

I agree with the first bolded, but I will respectfully disagree with the second bolded. IMO, it's Blankenship's job to lose. I believe he will be doing FG's XP's, and also kickoffs for the Colts when game 1 rolls around. I do think Chase is solid and will land a job somewhere.

 

We'll see - Sanchez has done pretty good on kickoffs so far, so why would you change that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Honestly hall of fame guy, best clutch kicker of all time. Would not have won the 06 SB without him.  All of that aside though respectively he can play his last year at 47 somewhere else.

Yes.

As most have said, this team is built to compete.   Not the time to let a guy hang around for a record mark.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PureLuck said:

 

We'll see - Sanchez has done pretty good on kickoffs so far, so why would you change that?

When was the last time the Colts had a "kickoff specialist".   I recall a few years, maybe in the 2000's.   I can't recall a name though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were a General Manger of a NFL football team the chance of me signing a 47 year old placekicker who has statically been on the decline for a number of seasons, just had surgery on his knee, and does not expect to be fully healed and ready to play when the regular season stars is absolutely 0%.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Lunch apparently    Dang, ok thanks for the update. 
    • As far as a QB goes I would love to trade for Watson, yes I would give up 3 first round picks in 2021, 2022, 2023 to get Watson but this will never happen. So my next 2 options which are reasonable are this:   Trade this years first round pick (2021) and next years second round pick (2022) for Matt Stafford. Stafford would ball out here with the line we have. I think the Lions would do that deal. The other option is re-sign Rivers for 20 Mill a year, which is a slight pay cut (not 25 Mill) but 20 Mill is 20 Mill which is still fantastic for a 39 year old QB.   If we traded away this years first round pick for any reason that would still leave us picks 2-7. In round 2, I am taking a LT - that is a no brainer, I want to keep Q at OG. I would go Pass Rusher in round 3 and re-sign Justin Houston to a 1 year deal to be safe.  
    • Washington  Joe Thuney 
    • But here's the thing to me.  If we do have a poor season, we will be in a better draft position next year. I feel we are closer than some think.  We went toe to toe with everyone.  KC is the elephant in the room, but every team has that challenge, trying to compete with KC.   There was not one team we played that we weren't competitive with.  We should be playing KC this week.   I hope they run it again.
    • So these are the teams that Draft ahead of us.. and i was wondering which teams do you think will take a QB in round one? now down below i have a list of possible teams that could take a QB    1, Jacksonville - QB     2. NY Jets -     3.  Miami -   4. Atlanta - QB   5. Cincinnati -   6. Philadelphia -   7. Detroit - QB   8. Carolina - QB   9. Denver - QB   10. Dallas -   11. NY Giants -   12. San Francisco - QB   13. LA Chargers -   14. Minnesota -   15. New England - QB   16. Arizona -   17. Las Vegas -   18. Miami -   19. Washington - QB   20. Chicago - QB   21. Indianapolis -  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...