Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the next pick ep 4

CR91

Wow this series is next to none.

I knew they would probably like Pittman, but they LOVE him. Reich said he's not sure if he's not the best receiver in the draft.

Also, regarding Blackmon. Out of the entire Utah secondary, the player the Utah staff would rave about was Blackmon. One saying he's the best tackler hes ever coached. Ballard says they like his versatility, but then at the end says, he thinks he could be one of the legit FS in the league. So that should clear up some of the SS or nickel debate a bit.

Fantastic episode.  It sure looks like they had Pittman and Taylor among the top players on their board.  They couldn't believe they had a chance at both.  Looks like Blackmon could be our next FS if his injury works out.  Really enjoyed all of the excitement in this one.  Great job all the way around with the production of the episode and of course with the selection our picks. 

1. Love the part where Nick Sirianni called in and started showing his excitement for the addition of two explosive offensive guys. They really didn’t think Taylor was going to be an option at their next pick. They are pumped and so am I!

2. Chris Ballard has said 500 times during this series how much he loves when guys speak up, give their opinion, and collaborate because it makes the team better. I LOVE this. It’s a great working culture. Or Colture, if you will.

3. Part of history is right! I think the league will adopt some of the technology driven aspects of the draft we’ve seen this year. 

I think we are going to see teams using zoom for meetings more rather then being in the facility all the time. I think it was John Lynch who said they will start letting everyone do their film work at home. Some have said they actually can got more done because they aren’t getting interrupted at the office all day. Seeing their families watching how everything was done was really cool. I could watch this over and over again.

Lets go baby !

I could talk for hours about this episode.

I thought i had confidence in this organization, but wow.

I am grinning ear to ear.  My emotions were high thru that whole thing.   Makes you wanna work there.  
  I could watch this stuff for DAYS!

And how bout Jimmy helping out.  Loved seeing that.

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Did everyone get the impression they were debating Pittman or Taylor at 34.  It seemed so there in the beginning.

That was my thinking even before this episode. WRs were flying off the board.

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Did everyone get the impression they were debating Pittman or Taylor at 34.  It seemed so there in the beginning.

Yes...   it was clearly discussed.   Good catch.   And it sounds like Pittman was higher on the board.   If we were going to lose one, we prioritized Pittman over Taylor,  even if only a little.  Think they made the right call. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes...   it was clearly discussed.   Good catch.   And it sounds like Pittman was higher on the board.   If we were going to lose one, we prioritized Pittman over Taylor,  even if only a little.  Think they made the right call. 

Looks like their top two targets were Pittman and Taylor. That should make everyone feel comfortable. Not sure if we 100% wanted Blackmon before trading down, but Ballard loved him. Same with Pinter, to the point we wanted to trade up for him.

You enjoy the virtual draft format? I thought it was fun to see inside the coach and GM homes with their families and friends (loved all the dogs as well)!

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Looks like their top two targets were Pittman and Taylor. That should make everyone feel comfortable. Not sure if we 100% wanted Blackmon before trading down, but Ballard loved him. Same with Pinter, to the point we wanted to trade up for him.

You enjoy the virtual draft format? I thought it was fun to see inside the coach and GM homes with their families and friends (loved all the dogs as well)!

I liked the format.   Not sure I loved it?  Glad to hear the NFL wants to use some of the best ideas in the future.  Blend the best of 20 with the best of 19 to make a 21 draft.  

Now the question becomes will there even be a 2020 NFL season?   Or even a college season?  With each passing day I’m less optimistic....       :peek:

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I liked the format.   Not sure I loved it?  Glad to hear the NFL wants to use some of the best ideas in the future.  Blend the best of 20 with the best of 19 to make a 21 draft.  

Now the question becomes will there even be a 2020 NFL season?   Or even a college season?  With each passing day I’m less optimistic....       :peek:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a mix of this every year, except next draft with fans and draftees showing up.

I'm also worried about a season as well. If the coronavirus breaks out again in the fall, will it be de ja vu? Or will we be ready? I think we as a nation were late to react and prepare for this, but that's for another thread. I just hope for sports as soon as possible.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yea, me too.  Rather excited about it.

My brother n nephew are Steeler fans and i noticed the took Claypool and the RB from maryland.

I’ve also heard some, including Cowherd, say they rate Taylor right with Barkley in many areas.  Im not gonna expect that, but i cant wait to watch this kid run.

That last episode highlighting the draft REALLY gave us insight in the overall plan and just how good these guys are at carrying it out.  Totally impressed with this organization from the top - down.  Jim should be VERY proud of what he’s built.  Ignoring Grigson, tho he had some success until his head swelled, Jim has hired 2 pretty darned good GMs.  One was a fairly obvious choice and is a HOF GM.  The other was not an obvious choice, but man, the guy is on his way......

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A funny tidbit. Chris Ballard has a "Ballard 50" jersey in the beginning of the video framed on his wall. It's probably Vick Ballard, the former RB we drafted in 2012, but it's funny nontheless he has a jersey with his last name. :)

How old is he? Did he turn 50 and it may be a gift?

Edit: I just looked, he IS 50 now. I’ll bet he got it last June 24th. (I believe is his b-day)

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Chris Ballard has a "Ballard 50" jersey in the beginning of the video framed on his wall. It's probably Vick Ballard

I'm pretty sure Vick wore 26 and 33 while he was a Colt. Ballard's jersey number from his Wisconsin days was 17. I'm guessing Irsay gave him the 50 jersey last year for his 50th birthday.

Oh, edit: just noticed Woolmagnet already said birthday. I agree.

17 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Wow this series is next to none.

I knew they would probably like Pittman, but they LOVE him. Reich said he's not sure if he's not the best receiver in the draft.

Also, regarding Blackmon. Out of the entire Utah secondary, the player the Utah staff would rave about was Blackmon. One saying he's the best tackler hes ever coached. Ballard says they like his versatility, but then at the end says, he thinks he could be one of the legit FS in the league. So that should clear up some of the SS or nickel debate a bit.

I wonder if Blackmon was on their wish list but an uncertainty if they'd be able to get him.  Ballard said before the draft when asked about Hooker's rookie extension that he'd wait until after the draft to think about it more.  

It looks like Blackmon will probably start the year on PUP.  It'll be interesting to see now if they extend Hooker before May 4.  If not, I would take that as somewhat of a sign that they're very happy with Blackmon and think he'll replace Hooker.

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea, me too.  Rather excited about it.

My brother n nephew are Steeler fans and i noticed the took Claypool and the RB from maryland.

I’ve also heard some, including Cowherd, say they rate Taylor right with Barkley in many areas.  Im not gonna expect that, but i cant wait to watch this kid run.

That last episode highlighting the draft REALLY gave us insight in the overall plan and just how good these guys are at carrying it out.  Totally impressed with this organization from the top - down.  Jim should be VERY proud of what he’s built.  Ignoring Grigson, tho he had some success until his head swelled, Jim has hired 2 pretty darned good GMs.  One was a fairly obvious choice and is a HOF GM.  The other was not an obvious choice, but man, the guy is on his way......

Other than receiving, it seems as though Taylor is just as fast, explosive, shifty and powerful (maybe more so) than Barkley.  I am not sure if Taylor's not a good receiving back, or if he just wasn't asked to do it much in the Wisc. offense compared to what Barkley was asked at Penn St.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I loved how they included that part about the text with Mack. You can tell they love the kid.  Don’t think his value is as big as we think and I think there is a chance he comes back after this season.

I agree.  Prior to that point, I was thinking "Man, Marlon Mack has to be feeling disrespected the way they are talking about how explosive Taylor is and what he could do behind the line."  (they didn't say anything bad about Marlon, but I could see how he could take some of the comments as 'am I not good enough?')... Glad Marlon seems cool with the pick.  

Man I've loved this series. The quality is top notch. I hope it'll be the prelude to our own version of Hard Knocks, but with a tad less inflated drama. If not then do one weekly throughout the series please. Either way I feel very appreciative of this series. We rarely get looks into our organization like this. It's been fun.

Ballard has a very impressive bar!  Frank Reich needs to hire Ballard’s interior designer to spruce up that bland space of his. lol

Irsay’s Theater room looks impressive.  For a cool billionaire, I’d expect nothing less. 

Loved the video series!  Wish there were more team productions like this giving an inside glimpse throughout the whole year!

It seemed Coach Reich felt Pittman was the best WR in the draft, and said this a month prior to the draft, not after the draft just because we drafted him.  I think it showed March 29 as the date he was saying how good Pittman was.  Must have been classified Colt video, held until after the draft. 

Archived