Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carter O’Donnell

On 4/30/2020 at 8:27 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Remembering that he chose us over 6 other teams means something too.....if he performs with any kind of success in the preseason and gets cut to be put on the PS we will lose him to one of those 6 other teams.....

Montreal drafted him in the CFL so technically 7

• Thanks 1
On 4/30/2020 at 4:50 PM, Caffrey said:

I thought I read that he was a Champion wrestler which would serve him as a offensive lineman.

Also, that he pitched in a Triple A level baseball game.

Has talent, maybe a diamond in the rough as a back-up OT and who knows in 2-3 years?

Has the prerequisite size 6-6, 315.

He has all the size and weight of a really nice shaped OT. The problem he has is the short arms they have cited multiple times. In the Ball State circuit, he can get away with that, not in the NFL most likely. 

im not an expert on what makes OT’s valuable and not even sure where his arm length ranks vs others but it would seemingly be a concern for him to take over on the outside and protecting your QB. I’m going to go look up some arm lengths now. 

edit: I was mistaking O’Donnell arms for Pinter. My mistake. I can’t find info on O’Donnell’s measurables. 

52 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

He has all the size and weight of a really nice shaped OT. The problem he has is the short arms they have cited multiple times. In the Ball State circuit, he can get away with that, not in the NFL most likely. 

im not an expert on what makes OT’s valuable and not even sure where his arm length ranks vs others but it would seemingly be a concern for him to take over on the outside and protecting your QB. I’m going to go look up some arm lengths now. 

edit: I was mistaking O’Donnell arms for Pinter. My mistake. I can’t find info on O’Donnell’s measurables. 

Hands: 10.125

Arm Length: 32

Wingspan: 80.125

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 313

From the East West Shrine Bowl

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Hands: 10.125

Arm Length: 32

Wingspan: 80.125

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 313

From the East West Shrine Bowl

Oh wow, those are short arms as well. I was looking at a couple of the top draft picks and they were all above 34” eeeks!!

Just now, PureLuck said:

Braden Smith has 32 1/4 arms and is doing just fine at RT... sure longer arms would be ideal, but overall athleticism is a much better predictor for NFL success than arm length.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/braden-smith

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/danny-pinter

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/anthony-castonzo?position=OL

https://www.mockdraftable.com/positions?position=OT

https://www.mockdraftable.com/positions?position=OG

interesting comparables. 

11 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

On the other end of the spectrum. La'raven Clark has 36" 1/4 arms.

And doesn’t know how to use them very well.  Trade arms lol

3 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

It would be great if he could put it all together. He has the tools.

I agree. He had everything in an OT you could want except the talent to use it all together. Not sure if it’s desire, lack of commitment or just not talented enough to use all the gifts he was created with. I’m hopeful we can get him to realize all those gifts he has and puts them together. 

• Like 1
On 4/29/2020 at 1:13 PM, LockeDown said:

There was a running back that brought a lot of Canadian fans to the Colts board too. I don’t remember him but they thought he was the end all be all.

Kenton Keith? Or something like that. I remember that dude. Was actually a good runner. Struggled in other areas. 

• Like 1
On 4/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Remembering that he chose us over 6 other teams means something too.....if he performs with any kind of success in the preseason and gets cut to be put on the PS we will lose him to one of those 6 other teams.....

How does that work? Correct me if I'm wrong..If a player is put on practice squad by "Team A" and another team "Team B" is interested in signing that player, does  "Team A" have the opportunity to bring that player to active roster first? This and the waiver process has always confused me

29 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

How does that work? Correct me if I'm wrong..If a player is put on practice squad by "Team A" and another team "Team B" is interested in signing that player, does  "Team A" have the opportunity to bring that player to active roster first? This and the waiver process has always confused me

The player can deny the claim, I don't believe the team that owns his current rights has any say in the matter.