Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has there been any write up or discussion on this kid? I’ve searched this forum and didn’t see any threads about him. 

1. what’s his strengths and weaknesses 

2. what’s the chance he sticks?

anyone watch film and break him down at all @EastStreet ? 

he certainly has the prototype frame for an OT. Just curious as to what the board draft junkies think about him. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Has there been any write up or discussion on this kid? I’ve searched this forum and didn’t see any threads about him. 

He didn't have his own thread, until now. He's been discussed in this thread.

Colts gave him a $25k signing bonus, he picked us over 6 other teams that wanted him. 

• Like 2

The Colts have had a little success with Canadian players.  But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

Anyone been long enough to remember the guy who was supposed to be the next great slot receiver?  Or the DE who was a stud in Canada, but couldn't cut it here?  And didn't we also try out a G a few years ago?

These guys are projects, and worth a shot since they're so cheap.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's part of his pro day workout:

Here's an interview with him at the Shrine game:

I did see those two clips. 

I believe East Street is going to do a deep dive on this guy later this week, after completing his analysis of the draft picks. Stay tuned. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

He didn't have his own thread, until now. He's been discussed in this thread.

Colts gave him a $25k signing bonus, he picked us over 6 other teams that wanted him. 

I’ve also seen this thread you linked to but not a lot of discussion specifically about him. Maybe there isn’t much out there known about him since he is Canadian. Idk 

6 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Anyone been long enough to remember the guy who was supposed to be the next great slot receiver?  Or the DE who was a stud in Canada, but couldn't cut it here?  And didn't we also try out a G a few years ago?

Hard to forget Austin Collie.

Other Canadiaks that played here include:

OG Dan Federkeil, WR Sam Giguere, RB Clifton Dawson, CB Jason David, WR Jerome Pathon, K Mike Vanderjagt, 

2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

OG Dan Federkeil, WR Sam Giguere, RB Clifton Dawson, CB Jason David, WR Jerome Pathon, K Mike Vanderjagt, 

Most of them (like Collie) played college ball in the US. 

Giguere was the guy I was thinking about.  We (I) had great hopes for him.  John Chick was the other one.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Giguere was the guy I was thinking about.  We (I) had great hopes for him.  John Chick was the other one.

There was a running back that brought a lot of Canadian fans to the Colts board too. I don’t remember him but they thought he was the end all be all.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Didn’t Carter also go play in the CFL and then come back to the NFL but didn’t make it or was it vice versa? 

didn’t Cam Wake come from the CFL? I know we though Chick was going to end up being our Cam Wake but washed out hard. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

DF and SG had successful CFL careers

26 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Didn’t Carter also go play in the CFL and then come back to the NFL but didn’t make it or was it vice versa? 

didn’t Cam Wake come from the CFL? I know we though Chick was going to end up being our Cam Wake but washed out hard. 

We all had high hopes for Carter (I also had high hopes for him at OSU, so double disappointment).  I remember one poster who watched him in Canada and tried to warn us that it wasn't going to work out.

In most cases, there's a reason these guys are playing in Canada... Not all of course, there have been a few that made it in the NFL.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

There was a running back that brought a lot of Canadian fans to the Colts board too. I don’t remember him but they thought he was the end all be all.

Was it Mike Hart? I'm not sure.

2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I have the feeling there are two distinct questions trying to be answered in this thread. I provided several Canadian-born guys who played for the Colts.

I did not look into anyone who played in the CFL because that doesn't make that person a Canadian. For example, Mike Hart and Kenton Keith are both Americans who played in the CFL as well as the NFL, but neither is a Canadian.

Now, in order to narrow the search, this running back we're trying to remember....was he born in Canada?

1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

I have the feeling there are two distinct questions trying to be answered in this thread. I provided several Canadian-born guys who played for the Colts.

I did not look into anyone who played in the CFL because that doesn't make that person a Canadian. For example, Mike Hart and Kenton Keith are both Americans who played in the CFL as well as the NFL, but neither is a Canadian.

Now, in order to narrow the search, this running back we're trying to remember....was he born in Canada?

No im pretty sure its Kenton Keith they are talking about. He was a big deal in the CFL for the SK Roughriders and a lot of those fans jumped on the Colts band wagon when he came down. 

• Like 2

Not sure if he'll pan out or not. Technique definitely needs work from what I saw, specifically his footwork. But regardless, if you're using nationality, or historic success with a nationality in play evaluation, you're doing it wrong.

13 hours ago, Jdubu said:

1. what’s his strengths and weaknesses 

2. what’s the chance he sticks?

anyone watch film and break him down at all @EastStreet ? 

he certainly has the prototype frame for an OT. Just curious as to what the board draft junkies think about him. 

I'm going to do a little something on UDFAs after I finish the drafted guys. I got side tracked yesterday with some elderly family that needed help, but working on picks 4-6 right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I'm going to do a little something on UDFAs after I finish the drafted guys. I got side tracked yesterday with some elderly family that needed help, but working on picks 4-6 right now. 

I knew you were doing some write ups and appreciate it. Hope everyone in your circle is well. Always family first!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, LockeDown said:

His name was Kenton Keith, he was the most exciting Saskatchewan Roughrider we had ever seen. On a team that was terrible year after year. Keith was the only good player they had. Source? I'm Canadian. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

Could be they have the same body types

Maybe when Rosie was in "A League Of Their Own" :) it might apply

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The Colts have had a little success with Canadian players.  But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

These guys are projects, and worth a shot since they're so cheap.

The guard you're thinking of was Ben Heenan. The most successful CFL player the Colts have had was Jerrell Freeman (not Canadian) he was a really good linebacker for a few years.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I knew you were doing some write ups and appreciate it. Hope everyone in your circle is well. Always family first!! 

All good brother. Thanks for asking!!

• Like 1

An interesting note on other Canadian O lineman in the NFL Laurant Duvernay-Tardiff is a French Canadian guard who just won the superbowl with KC. Apparently he is a licensed medical doctor currently working in hospital in Quebec helping fight the pandemic.

16 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

The only Canadian born running back I know of was Rueben Mayes. He's actually from my hometown of North Battleford, Saskatchewan. I think he was the rookie of the year back in the early 90's. Played for the Saints IIRC.

18 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

The guard you're thinking of was Ben Heenan. The most successful CFL player the Colts have had was Jerrell Freeman (not Canadian) he was a really good linebacker for a few years.

Right!  Freeman surprised me (not because he played in Canada) because he played D3 (I think).  I thought he was just camp fodder, but he played well for us.  

(Apparently, he needed some help to enhance his performance though)

6 minutes ago, KelownaColtsFan said:

The only Canadian born running back I know of was Rueben Mayes. He's actually from my hometown of North Battleford, Saskatchewan. I think he was the rookie of the year back in the early 90's. Played for the Saints IIRC.

I mentioned RB Clifton Dawson earlier in this thread, he was born in Scarborough. Here's a fun list.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Right!  Freeman surprised me (not because he played in Canada) because he played D3 (I think).  I thought he was just camp fodder, but he played well for us.  

(Apparently, he needed some help to enhance his performance though)

I think Freeman played 2 years for the Roughriders, I remember watching him recover a fumble in the CFL playoffs which are in November. He was the only player on the field with bare arms. November in Saskatchewan is * cold, he was the only guy not wearing a long sleeve under his equipment. And I'm pretty sure he had a pick 6 in his first game as a Colt. We knew he was going to be good.

• Like 1

I think the Colts line offers a significant advantage for O'Donnel and Pinter.   With a solid line all around (except maybe Glow), If one of them needs to fill in for a couple weeks they can do well due to the supporting cast.  

I thought I read that he was a Champion wrestler which would serve him as a offensive lineman.

Also, that he pitched in a Triple A level baseball game.

Has talent, maybe a diamond in the rough as a back-up OT and who knows in 2-3 years?

Has the prerequisite size 6-6, 315.

Remembering that he chose us over 6 other teams means something too.....if he performs with any kind of success in the preseason and gets cut to be put on the PS we will lose him to one of those 6 other teams.....