Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
runthepost

Aaron Rodgers

Recommended Posts

Strange but true stat. He has only thrown 1 touchdown to a first round pick in his entire career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is an odd stat.   

Before this draft, they drafted defense in the first round for 8 years in a row.   Before that was OT, OT and DT, no 1st round pick, DT and LB.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Packers have a history of only drafting skill players in the 6th and 7th round except for those 2 times, both of which ended with career ending injuries. Not that I’m saying the Packers believe in that curse, but that’s another odd fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Love was a good prospect, but that pick was a head scratcher. Then they went on to draft zero receivers in a loaded draft...unexplainable. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Rod is a Top 10 QB of all-time IMO. I have guys like Peyton, Brady, Montana, Unitas, Elway, Graham, Marino, Favre, then Brees and Rodgers. When I think of those 10, that is freakin ELITE, no disrespect to Bart Starr, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, or Roger Staubach.

 

The Packers are just silly not to build around a top 10 QB of all-time that still can play 3 or 4 more years. Makes no sense to me. Something isn't right with him and management is my guess. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A Rod is a Top 10 QB of all-time IMO. I have guys like Peyton, Brady, Montana, Unitas, Elway, Graham, Marino, Favre, then Brees and Rodgers. When I think of those 10, that is freakin ELITE, no disrespect to Bart Starr, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, or Roger Staubach.

 

The Packers are just silly not to build around a top 10 QB of all-time that still can play 3 or 4 more years. Makes no sense to me. Something isn't right with him and management is my guess. 

I totally agree.... Rodgers might not be the most likable guy around, but its not like they went 8-8 and his career is on the wane.

 

They went 13-3 and lost in the playoffs primarily because he has Davante Adams and ZERO else as far as reliable WR options.

 

The Jordan Love pick was asinine enough....but to skunk Rodgers by not selecting a single WR in a draft full of them was a cold slap in the face.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pacolts56 said:

I totally agree.... Rodgers might not be the most likable guy around, but its not like they went 8-8 and his career is on the wane.

 

They went 13-3 and lost in the playoffs primarily because he has Davante Adams and ZERO else as far as reliable WR options.

 

The Jordan Love pick was asinine enough....but to skunk Rodgers by not selecting a single WR in a draft full of them was a cold slap in the face.

Yep. I even like Jordan Love but you would think they would've took a WR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I even like Jordan Love but you would think they would've took a WR.

There were plenty to be had, that's for sure....well beyond having taken Love.

 

Heck.... Donovan Peoples-Jones went in the 6th round... they could have at least grabbed him and thrown Rodgers a table scrap. :dunno:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does anyone come up with these obscure stats? I wonder how many games a player has finished without ripping a fart?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

How does anyone come up with these obscure stats? I wonder how many games a player has finished without ripping a fart?

I once farted at a Holiday Inn. Does that count? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

How does anyone come up with these obscure stats? I wonder how many games a player has finished without ripping a fart?

It was 2 hours and 15 minutes by  Sean O’ Hura O’Harrington , a long snapper for the  1959 Brooklyn Hillsteppers. He had a “ mishap“ in the 4th quarter ruining his perfect game. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give Green Bay a pass on drafting Love.   Only because they did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers.  In 4-5 years, we'll know if this was a good draft pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Roger's wants out I'd hope Ballard is all over that. 

 

As management would say "This is a unique, unique opportunity for a unique unique player at the most important position... Look, we love Rivers, Rivers is a great guy. But this was just a really unique opportunity" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure it matters what round a player is drafted only that he is a good player. Rodgers has had great receivers in his career.  He is easily the best QB in GB history in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I give Green Bay a pass on drafting Love.   Only because they did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers.  In 4-5 years, we'll know if this was a good draft pick.  

I don't have a problem with Green Bay drafting Love at all either.

The problem I have is they didn't draft a receiver for either Rogers or Love when they needed one regardless of who the QB is going to be after this season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't have a problem with Green Bay drafting Love at all either.

The problem I have is they didn't draft a receiver for either Rogers or Love when they needed one regardless of who the QB is going to be after this season. 

I can understand that.   They did pass for over 400 yards last season with Adams missing 4 games and added Funchess for this season.   It still doesn't look like a huge improvement.  This all depends on how good Love is.  If Rodgers retires in 2 years and Love comes in and is a top 8 QB in the league, it'll look like a genius move.   

The year before the Packers drafted Rodgers, the Pack finished 10-6 and won their division.   Any number of players available in the draft would have helped the Packers more in 2005.  

I also thought Green Bay made a mistake by drafting Love, but I'm not as critical as most seem to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Myles said:

I give Green Bay a pass on drafting Love.   Only because they did the same thing when they drafted Rodgers.  In 4-5 years, we'll know if this was a good draft pick.  

 

The difference though is they did trade up for Love, unlike Rodgers who simply fell to the Packers, so there's even more expectations on Love. We'll see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

 

The difference though is they did trade up for Love, unlike Rodgers who simply fell to the Packers, so there's even more expectations on Love. We'll see what happens.

A well-spotted additional slap that I’m sure Rodgers considers it.... since marinating in the green room for 3+ hours has pssd him off all these years.


But can you imagine the expectations Love would  have been under if we’d traded up into the Top 10 as some suggested prior to the Buckner trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Love pick was pretty good by GB. Rodgers will be 36 this season and given his contract will play two more years putting him at 38 ready to turn 39 when Love will take the helm. Rodgers has also been declining the last few seasons. I think football people believe every QB will be Brady and Brees and play well into their 40s. They are the anomaly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...