Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Explosive Colts

ThorstenDenmark

Hello,

I'm no analyst, just bored during the Corona Lockdown here in Denmark, so what to do... 

Well, after a great draft and off-season ON PAPER, I have tried to find all the positive things to look forward to for the 2020 season, IF it's on come football time.

Rivers is a better QB than Brissett, no questions asked about that.

Yes, he's older and had more int's than Brissett ( 20 vs. 6), but with 288.4 Yrd/G vs. 196.1 Yrd/G from Brissett and 23 TD's vs. 18, we get a QB that can throw the ball down field.

Add that Rivers will play behind a top 3 if not the best O-line in football, instead of one of the worst, giving him more time in the pocket, I think he will have one of his best seasons of his career this coming season, and have less int's.

So look forward to lots of throws down field and fireworks when Rivers take the field in a Colts Uniform.

DeForest Buckner will add power, size and in my eyes, he's just the perfect addition to our defence. 

With Justin Houston and Leonard already on the defensive side of the ball, I think Buckner's presence and impact will improve their game as well, and that Houston will become a great mentor for Buckner, so he can develop and take the next step to becoming an even better player.

So great addition to the team, and a move that I think will bring the Colts defence near a spot in the top 10 for the best overall defences in the NFL next season.

Ballard finally used some of the enormous cap space to improve the team and brought back Castanzo. 

He was more aggressive and the signing of Rivers, Buckner and other free agents are in my eyes the best off season deals he have made as a GM.

Yes he signed Houston last season, but for the first couple of years he was building the foundation and were more defensive and laid back in his approach. But this season, he became aggressive and seemed * - in a good way, as he wants to win now.

Honestly, I think he's * in ways we don't even know and that the whole Luck thing, just started a fire inside him, that will have a huge impact on the whole organisation. 

And this is no knock on Ballard, but a huge positive in my eyes, as I think this was needed for him to grow as a GM. 

Because as I see it and though he started his tenure as a GM by saying, "It's never just about one guy". It's was always just about one guy when we had Luck and we all know it.

So the win now attitude and signings of Rivers, Buckner and the great additions of Pittman and Taylor gives the colts the best chance in years to compete for the AFC South and AFC. 

I wish I could believe in Rivers like others do here. Don't get me wrong we'll compete for the division but I just don't see how at age 37 Rivers would just suddenly deliver in the playoffs. Apart from that signing I love what we have been able to accomplish.

I think we are not there yet to consistently compete w the likes of Ravens and Chiefs or 49ers from the NFC, but the future looks great for us. 

PS: My offseason wishes would be complete if we sign Eric Berry off the street. 

1 hour ago, rayski said:

I wish I could believe in Rivers like others do here. Don't get me wrong we'll compete for the division but I just don't see how at age 37 Rivers would just suddenly deliver in the playoffs. Apart from that signing I love what we have been able to accomplish.

I think we are not there yet to consistently compete w the likes of Ravens and Chiefs or 49ers from the NFC, but the future looks great for us. 

PS: My offseason wishes would be complete if we sign Eric Berry off the street. 

I dont think he has deliver big time.. We beat Chiefs last year. Rivers is better than Brisset. Can river complete some passes to some of the open recievers brisset missed last season. A kicker not missing every kick, a good rush offense. And a proably overall better defense I think we might be better than we think.  But we might stink even more who knows :monkeydance:

Just now, Robin said:

I dont think he has deliver big time.. We beat Chiefs last year. Rivers is better than Brisset. Can river complete some passes to some of the open recievers brisset missed last season. A kicker not missing every kick, a good rush offense. And a proably overall better defense I think we might be better than we think.  But we might stink even more who knows :monkeydance:

I know we did beat them but I also remember that the Chiefs missed Hill, Watkins, starting tackle Fisher in that game with Mahomes having ankle issues as well, he barely moved around.(Maybe even starting back Williams as well, he was defo on injury report)

I personally not sure how much higher I'd rank Rivers over Brissett but that's just me. KC is very very talented on the offensive side and I doubt Rivers can put up 30-40 points to keep up with the likes of Chiefs/Ravens/49ers.

But I do understand Rivers and Reich has a great familiarity w each other and he understands the offense so we can hope. ( I know I know, I'm a Rivers hater)

32 minutes ago, rayski said:

I personally not sure how much higher I'd rank Rivers over Brissett but that's just me. KC is very very talented on the offensive side and I doubt Rivers can put up 30-40 points to keep up with the likes of Chiefs/Ravens/49ers.

But I do understand Rivers and Reich has a great familiarity w each other and he understands the offense so we can hope. ( I know I know, I'm a Rivers hater)

I'd give Rivers a much better chance at scoring 30-40 points than Brissett.   Rivers could make Hines into an Ekeler-type of back.   We will be going from a slow 1 look passer to a faster paced all over the field passer.  I loved the signing.

I've never been a fan of Rivers though.   When people talk about him as a future HOF QB, I think it's nuts.  He shouldn't sniff the HOF.

Rivers in that San Diego team was a team I never liked facing. I'm not sure why they never went further than they did but I have no doubt rivers talent is off the charts. I'm guessing when you're trying to carry the team on the back you might get a little frustrated and start to force things because you can tell from Watching him play he has a lot of fire and passion for the game

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Rivers in that San Diego team was a team I never liked facing. I'm not sure why they never went further than they did but I have no doubt rivers talent is off the charts. I'm guessing when you're trying to carry the team on the back you might get a little frustrated and start to force things because you can tell from Watching him play he has a lot of fire and passion for the game

It is worrisome, but without 2006, people would be saying similar things about Manning with the Colts.   Manning was obviously much better than Rivers.  

On 4/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, NewEra said:

I don't know about that. He had for many years a HoF tight end, HoF running back and overall an above average supporting cast consistently. He just never delivered in key games.

I'm wondering actually if there were any other serious teams after Rivers at all :thinking:

Archived