Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL relatives from this draft class

CurBeatElite

Michael Pittman, Jr. is the son of Michael Pittman who played RB at Fresno State and then spent 11 years in the NFL as a running back (Cardinals, Bucs, Broncos, and then one year the United Football League).  Probably his most memorable game was Super Bowl XXXVII when he rushed for 124 yards as the Bucs beat Oakland.  

Isaiah Rodgers is the younger cousin of Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, who is currently a free agent after playing for Redskins last year.  He's bee in the league since 2008.   He was a pro-bowler in 2009, 2015 and 2nd team all pro with NYG in 2016.  He has accumulated 30 interceptions over his years, having 6 in both 2009 and 2016.

Dezmon Patmon's uncle DeWayne Patmon played LBer for Univ. of Michigan and then spent a year with the NYG in the NFL (2000-2001).

Jordan Glasgow's older brothers were also both walk ons at Michigan.  His brother Ryan plays DL for Cincinnati, his brother Graham is an offensive lineman on Denver.  

So out of our 9 draft picks, 4 of them have relatives who have played in the NFL before.  Not like it's a make-or-break deal, but it can't hurt being able to talk to your family members who have been in the league before you about what it takes to be a pro and make it in the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Michael Pittman, Jr. is the son of Michael Pittman who played RB at Fresno State and then spent 11 years in the NFL as a running back (Cardinals, Bucs, Broncos, and then one year the United Football League).  Probably his most memorable game was Super Bowl XXXVII when he rushed for 124 yards as the Bucs beat Oakland.  

Isaiah Rodgers is the younger cousin of Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie, who is currently a free agent after playing for Redskins last year.  He's bee in the league since 2008.   He was a pro-bowler in 2009, 2015 and 2nd team all pro with NYG in 2016.  He has accumulated 30 interceptions over his years, having 6 in both 2009 and 2016.

Dezmon Patmon's uncle DeWayne Patmon played LBer for Univ. of Michigan and then spent a year with the NYG in the NFL (2000-2001).

Jordan Glasgow's older brothers were also both walk ons at Michigan.  His brother Ryan plays DL for Cincinnati, his brother Graham is an offensive lineman on Denver.  

So out of our 9 draft picks, 4 of them have relatives who have played in the NFL before.  Not like it's a make-or-break deal, but it can't hurt being able to talk to your family members who have been in the league before you about what it takes to be a pro and make it in the NFL.  

No wonder why Rodgers is so fast.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

No wonder why Rodgers is so fast.

From an article on Colts.com (https://www.colts.com/news/isaiah-rodgers-2020-nfl-draft-cornerback-returner-massachusetts-versatile

Following in the footsteps of his cousin: Rodgers' older cousin is former NFL cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who played 12 seasons in the league, primarily for the Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants.

The two are very close, and Rodgers-Cromartie has helped shape Rodgers not only as a football player, but as a man.

"I think he made me the person I am today. I was actually sitting right next to him before I got the call. He was just telling me, 'Keep your head up. Regardless, your dream's coming true today,'" Rodgers said. "I'm just like, 'I'm just ready to go right now. Someone's gotta pull the trigger. I know I can play at the next level.' And him just being in my ear and being in my corner from Day 1, he's just a blessing."

Archived