Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CeeDee Lamb Colts

15 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

I don't believe so. I got a feeling there were things about Lamb that took him off our board. At least that high in the draft. Maybe he's drama? Maybe not the work ethic they want? Idk. Just a feeling I got. 

I got the same feeling. This years draft class goes in line with other Ballard drafts. High character, great work ethic, team captain, and team players. 

5 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

I don't believe so. I got a feeling there were things about Lamb that took him off our board. At least that high in the draft. Maybe he's drama? Maybe not the work ethic they want? Idk. Just a feeling I got. 

What things?

Can you share what your concerns are?  Stories you’ve herd about or read?  Is there a link?    

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What things?

Can you share what your concerns are?  Stories you’ve herd about or read?  Is there a link?    

If I had evidence and links then it wouldn't be a feeling.  The closest thing to evidence of Ballard not wanting Lamb is the fact that he traded out of the position he was in where he could try to get him. Other than that I have no eye witness testimony or concrete evidence.

Lamb very well may be the hardest working, best character player in the draft. Idk. That's why I stated it was only a feeling.

8 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

If I had evidence and links then it wouldn't be a feeling.  The closest thing to evidence of Ballard not wanting Lamb is the fact that he traded out of the position he was in where he could try to get him. Other than that I have no eye witness testimony or concrete evidence.

Lamb very well may be the hardest working, best character player in the draft. Idk. That's why I stated it was only a feeling.

Sorry...   didn’t mean to offend.  I was trying to figure out why CeeDee Lamb?

Why not Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs?  
Or the top DL or OL?  

Just wondering...

Thanks anyway... 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry...   didn’t mean to offend.  I was trying to figure out why CeeDee Lamb?

Why not Jerry Jeudy or Henry Ruggs?  
Or the top DL or OL?  

Just wondering...

Thanks anyway... 

That's kind of my general assumption about some of those guys taken in the middle of the 1st. I'm sure a lot of the trade was that he loved Buckner but I also kinda feel oif there were guys he really loved in the 1st round of the draft he would have saved the 20 million and went for one of them. 

20 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

This shouldn't even be a discussion. Discussions like this makes be question if people really liked the Michael Pittman Jr pick. To answer your question, Ballard would've drafted Ruggs or Jeudy. 

Then he would have had to trade up to get either..

I think Kinlaw would have been the pick, but there were some questions about his knees and Ballard knew there was no guarantee he would be as good as Buckner so he jumped on it despite the price tag.  I still like the move.  I may change my mind in a few years though.

Archived