Indianapolis Colts
MarquisJ

Draft Picks Jersey Numbers

Just now, Thunderbolt said:

Eason would probably prefer his college # 10.

Guess Fountain wouldn't budge. 9 is a cool number though

16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not.bad

I would be fine with Patmon wearing 85

Very Funny Reaction GIF

Pittman 86, Patmon 85... they are doing everythng possible to confuse us, aren't they? 

9 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Gimme that #28 jersey!

That 28 Taylor looks real nice! I won't lie... this is my favorite number of the rookies.

9 on Eason would look nice too if he makes the team... and then turns into a franchise QB. 

22 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Guess Fountain wouldn't budge. 9 is a cool number though

I don't think Eason will have to wait long to get his #10

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

More of a teen number guy for WRs

I kind of agree.  However, with the Colts current situation it's not really an option, lol.  I think 11 would be the only real option for Pittman, and I'd like that, but he'd probably have to pay up a little bit for it.  Numbers are scarce with how many numbers we have retired or "reserved" which I expect will have to change eventually.

10 - Reece Fountain

11 - Chad Williams

12 - too soon?

13 - TY Hilton

14 - Zach Pascal

15 - Parris Campbell

16 - Ashton Dulin

17 - Philip Rivers

18 - retired

19 - retired

80 - Trey Burton

81 - Mo Alie-Cox

82 - retired

83 - Marcus Johnson

84 - Jack Doyle

85 - Xavier Grimble (and now Patmon)

86 - Michael Pittman Jr

87 - not retired but no one since Reggie Wayne

88 - not retired but no one since Marvin Harrison

89 - retired

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Pittman 86, Patmon 85... they are doing everythng possible to confuse us, aren't they? 

I already feel sorry for the broadcaster who had to navigate Pittman-Patmon, 86-85.   They’re basically identical in size, each roughly 6’4” and 225.  And their style of play is somewhat the same.   

Sooner or later, this is going to happen.  “Touchdown!  Touchdown Pittman!  Michael Pittman with the great catch!   No!  Wait!   It’s NOT Pittman,  it’s Patmon!   Dez Patmon with the touchdown!”

The clock is ticking on this one....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

That 28 Taylor looks real nice! I won't lie... this is my favorite number of the rookies.

9 on Eason would look nice too if he makes the team... and then turns into a franchise QB. 

I was thinking of my fellow Pocketeer when discussing 85

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

one of them is gonna have to grow their hair out and dye it blonde to help visibly distinguish them :jump:

• Haha 1

I don't know if I wanted Taylor in the 28 or 32.  Both are close to his 23.  Just finish closing in the 3 & you have 8 so 23 to 28.  Flip the 23 and you have 32.  Both are in touch with where his college number was and both are 2 HOF former Colts backs.  Edge & Marshall.  I'll take either.

Taylor received 28.  Windsor received Sheards 93.  Looks like he's not coming back.  9 to Eason. Blackmon got 32.  Pinter 63, Pittman got 86.  

52 minutes ago, ThinBlueLineColts said:

Maybe when Kelly is cut Pittman will grab 6. 

He cant wear 6 as a WR, has to be a teen number or the 80's

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I don't know if I wanted Taylor in the 28 or 32.  Both are close to his 23.  Just finish closing in the 3 & you have 8 so 23 to 28.  Flip the 23 and you have 32.  Both are in touch with where his college number was and both are 2 HOF former Colts backs.  Edge & Marshall.  I'll take either.

I really was expecting 32 for Taylor. I like the 20s better though I think. I'm probably going to order this jersey asap so hopefully he doesn't change numbers.

Does anyone know if Colts.com or Fanatics or anyone do jersey exchanges in these situations? I wouldn't think so, but I guess I could see it.

1 minute ago, CheezyColt said:

I really was expecting 32 for Taylor. I like the 20s better though I think. I'm probably going to order this jersey asap so hopefully he doesn't change numbers.

Does anyone know if Colts.com or Fanatics or anyone do jersey exchanges in these situations? I wouldn't think so, but I guess I could see it.

They do not

• Thanks 1

I can't really think of a less interesting thread. No offence of course.

I wonder if Chad Kelly has any pets...

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I already feel sorry for the broadcaster who had to navigate Pittman-Patmon, 86-85.   They’re basically identical in size, each roughly 6’4” and 225.  And their style of play is somewhat the same.   

Sooner or later, this is going to happen.  “Touchdown!  Touchdown Pittman!  Michael Pittman with the great catch!   No!  Wait!   It’s NOT Pittman,  it’s Patmon!   Dez Patmon with the touchdown!”

The clock is ticking on this one....

That was a normal call for Bob Lamey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

I was kind of wanting 32 as well but I'd probably always be seeing Edge.  His running style seems more like Faulk, so I'm fine with the 28.  Feels like a "faster" number.  Lol.

I know I probably should not have chimed in on this thread.   

I really couldn't care less about what numbers players choose to have.  I think retired jersey numbers should be the only ones off limit.     

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

He cant wear 6 as a WR, has to be a teen number or the 80's

I was going to say this. I'm pretty sure only QBs, kickers, and punters can have single digits.

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

I was going to say this. I'm pretty sure only QBs, kickers, and punters can have single digits.

Wide receivers can wear single digits during training camp and preseason games but not in regular season games

I would think some of these jersey numbers will change before the season starts. Eason and Pittman come to mind. 

Who was the last relevant receiver to wear 86 in the last decade, Hines Ward? I hope Pittman keeps it, too many receivers hoarding all the teen numbers. 

25 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Who was the last relevant receiver to wear 86 in the last decade, Hines Ward? I hope Pittman keeps it, too many receivers hoarding all the teen numbers. 

It's definitely Ward, who retired in 2011

Dennis Northcutt retired in 2009

Brian Finneran retired in 2010

The rest aren't relevant (Reggie Brown 2009, David Nelson 2014, Vincent Brown 2015, Rishard Matthews 2012, Michael Spurlock 2012, Darvin Adams 2011, Marquis Bundy 2018, Stephen Burton 2011, Kris Durham 2011, Lance Long 2012, Solomon Patton 2014, Isaiah Stanback 2012, Andrew Turzilli 2016, LaRon Byrd 2016, Nelson Spruce 2016, Paul Turner 2018)

Darius Slayton, James Wright, Mack Hollins, Dontrelle Inman, Jester Weah, Nick Easley, and Malik Taylor are all still active players who might become relevant.

• Like 1