Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Colts trade Brissett, and a 2nd and 3rd pick to New England for CB Gillmore. Gives us a need New England a need, with no cap space issues for the Pats.

Seems like some fans and media alike believe trading Brissett to Patriots makes a lot of sense and maybe it will happen but highly doubt Gilmore will be involved ever. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

if he was really a starter in the league the patriots would probably be interested

 

i think hes a backup thats paid like a starter, going to be hard to trade him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Seems like some fans and media alike believe trading Brissett to Patriots makes a lot of sense and maybe it will happen but highly doubt Gilmore will be involved ever. 

 

Gilmore ,IMO ,is worth  2 first round picks. Brissett , IMO ,  is at most worth a 5th.

So essentially you are suggesting a 2nd , 3rd and a 5th for two 1st . 

 

I'm all for it ...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

Gilmore ,IMO ,is worth  2 first round picks. Brissett , IMO ,  is at most worth a 5th.

So essentially you are suggesting a 2nd , 3rd and a 5th for two 1st . 

 

I'm all for it ...

Um no, I never suggested anything like that. I basically said Gilmore would never be involved in a Brissett trade to New England if in fact Brissett was ever traded to New England. I think Brissett back to new England would make sense, however NEVER would be Gilmore imo be traded to Indy in any deal, much less one as the OP threw out there

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see the Pats going after Cam Newton. Stidham at best is a great backup much like JB. JB may even be a tad better.

Idk  considering  they didn't  draft a qb stidham maybe the next brady

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dw49 said:

 

Gilmore ,IMO ,is worth  2 first round picks. Brissett , IMO ,  is at most worth a 5th.

So essentially you are suggesting a 2nd , 3rd and a 5th for two 1st . 

 

I'm all for it ...

Brissett value here is probably close.  Gilmore worth two firsts..... Lmao..... There's no corner in the league worth two ones, and Gilmore's not even the clear cut number one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Colts trade Brissett, and a 2nd and 3rd pick to New England for CB Gillmore. Gives us a need New England a need, with no cap space issues for the Pats.

The Pats would get the two extra picks but would lose 5.5M in cap space which they desperately need.  We would also lose cap space but not as much 3.5M and the picks.  This is according to the Spotrac trade tool.  The only player that makes sense for them to trade to us for JB is their excellent starting G, J Thuney straight up.  They would gain 5.9M in cap space we would lose the same amount.  Thuney could replace Glowinski and we rework Glowinski's contract to gain 2M in cap space and he becomes a backup.  We might be able to squeeze out a pick from them as well.  JB's contract is going to be hard to trade.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

well a somewhat small but VERY vocal group would have a meltdown. 

Not me, I'd love for Kelly to be traded,  at least he will have a legitimate chance to earn a starting job with another team.  He'll never get that from the Colts. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Um no, I never suggested anything like that. I basically said Gilmore would never be involved in a Brissett trade to New England if in fact Brissett was ever traded to New England. I think Brissett back to new England would make sense, however NEVER would be Gilmore imo be traded to Indy in any deal, much less one as the OP threw out there

 

 

I'sorry , I meant to be replying to the post before yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Brissett value here is probably close.  Gilmore worth two firsts..... Lmao..... There's no corner in the league worth two ones, and Gilmore's not even the clear cut number one.

 

 

Gilmore was All Pro in 2018    Leading votes among CB's

 

Gilmore was All Pro in 2019    Leading votes among CB's

 

Widely considered the number one CB in the NFL

 

Plus if the Colts could trade for him they have 2 years of just paying his salary . Absolute steal at about 11 mill per year. Plus the Pats would pay  a massive cap hit .

 

The trade you suggested is insane .  You should move on from this and keep the LOL to yourself ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't think BB wants JB.... It's one thing to draft a rook (like he did with JB) out of college. It's another thing to trade him away (like he did). And then he got 2 years (17 and 19) to watch him play/struggle, and behind a very good OL in 2019. Just not sure why everyone think BB would want him back. He's likely more comfortable with Hoyer starting than JB.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Brissett value here is probably close.  Gilmore worth two firsts..... Lmao..... There's no corner in the league worth two ones, and Gilmore's not even the clear cut number one.

 

 

Jalen Ramsey trade

Featured snippet from the web

The Jacksonville Jaguars have traded two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Jalen Ramsey to the Los Angeles Rams, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Jaguars will receive first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a 2021 fourth-rounder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...