Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  

I haven't.   Thought about for nostalgic reasons, but I watched it when it happened.    

• Like 1

I have been watching it. It is a good show. I still do not say they are the greatest team ever though. Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever I will say that. I realize they won 72 games in 1996 and won 6 championships in the 90's so a lot of people will say their 1996 was the greatest ever. IMO the 1987 Lakers were better and they did win 5 championships (1 less) in the 80's but faced stronger competition in the likes of the Celtics and Sixers. That Lakers team had 2 of the top 5 players ever on it in Magic and Kareem. They also had another top 50 player ever in James Worthy. That team could also make a lot of 3's if needed with Byron Scott and Michael Cooper. They were athletic enough to beat the 1996 Bulls or 2017 Warriors. JMO's. Those Bulls teams would not of  had an answer for Kareem, Kareem was older than but still averaged 17.5 Points a game and was clutch. If you double him, Worthy would chew you up. Magic almost averaged a Triple Double that season and won MVP of the league and Finals MVP. He put up LeBron numbers that season like LeBron has. Magic's numbers in 1987 = 23.9 Points, 12.2 Assists which is insane, and 6.5 Rebounds. He also shot 52% from the floor and 84.8% from the line. That is about efficient as one can get. He shot FT's a lot better than LeBron ever did in his career.

By the way that 1996 Bulls team and that 1987 Lakers team had the same playoff record = 15-3. Difference is that Lakers team had to go through Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, Ainge, and Walton to win it all (Celtics). The Bulls played the Sonics in the Finals lol = Payton, Kemp, Hawkins, Detlef, and Perkins. No comparison competition wise. The Lakers probably would've swept that Sonics team.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, Myles said:

I haven't.   Thought about for nostalgic reasons, but I watched it when it happened.    

Same here and I had my fill of Rodman years ago and I don't care to see him again.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Same here and I had my fill of Rodman years ago and I don't care to see him again.

Personally I had my fill of Michael Jordan. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I just couldn't stand how they won it almost every year in the 90's and people were calling that team the best ever. They never played the Lakers when the Lakers were in their prime. So that bugged me, they beat the Lakers in the 91 Finals but the Lakers didn't have Kareem or Cooper + Worthy was hurt. The Bulls couldn't get by the Pistons either when the Pistons had everyone in their prime. They lost 3 years in a row to them from 1988-1990. In 1990 the Bulls even had Phil coaching and Pippen was a good player by then. Pistons still beat them in the ECFinals. Where the Bulls dynasty gets huge credit is they stayed hungry the whole decade. The best team they beat in the Finals was the Utah Jazz because Stockton and Malone were top 25 players of all-time, Malone is probably top 15. Problem with the Jazz, they never had a Center worth a crap when they played the Bulls in 1997 and 98. Had they had Mark Eaton in his prime, Jazz would've probably beat them in one of those years. Ostertag and Foster were stiffs.

• Like 1

Best teams ever, I would rank them as this:

1. 1987 Lakers

2. 1996 Bulls - I do have them 2nd but barely over teams like the 1986 Celtics, 2001 Lakers, and 2017 Warriors - teams to me that really stand out. Like I said Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever, no debating that but saying they had the best team, not buying it. I would like to see their version of 1996 play the 1989 Pistons, that would even be interesting. That Pistons team is so underrated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best teams ever, I would rank them as this:

1. 1987 Lakers

2. 1996 Bulls - I do have them 2nd but barely over teams like the 1986 Celtics, 2001 Lakers, and 2017 Warriors - teams to me that really stand out. Like I said Michael Jordan is the greatest player ever, no debating that but saying they had the best team, not buying it. I would like to see their version of 1996 play the 1989 Pistons, that would even be interesting. That Pistons team is so underrated.

Yes Jordan may have been the greatest but I had a problem with how he was treated by the officials. No one was allowed to guard him. He got away with traveling and carrying big time his whole career. (those two things seem to be omitted out of the rule book) 

If I started a team from any player in his prime it would be Lebron James What he has done for a player who is 6'8" is unreal. IMO he had the most talent. People have a tendency to pick players they seen or are familiar with. Bill Russell was as good as any player I can remember playing so it's all a matter of personal opinion. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes Jordan may have been the greatest but I had a problem with how he was treated by the officials. No one was allowed to guard him. He got away with traveling and carrying big time his whole career. (those two things seem to be omitted out of the rule book) 

Jordan was the best player I have ever seen and have no issue calling him the greatest ever.  

You comments are part of the reason I quit watching the NBA.   Now there are several players who get special treatment.   I really got annoyed when the announcers started saying stuff like - "he deserves to get that call" or "They have to let him get away with that".  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Jordan was the best player I have ever seen and have no issue calling him the greatest ever.  

You comments are part of the reason I quit watching the NBA.   Now there are several players who get special treatment.   I really got annoyed when the announcers started saying stuff like - "he deserves to get that call" or "They have to let him get away with that".  

That didn’t start with MJ

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If I started a team from any player in his prime it would be Lebron James What he has done for a player who is 6'8" is unreal. IMO he had the most talent. People have a tendency to pick players they seen or are familiar with. Bill Russell was as good as any player I can remember playing so it's all a matter of personal opinion. 

If I started a franchise I would take Magic over anyone because he was the best leader ever IMO. He made everyone around him better more than anyone I have ever seen. I would only choose him over Jordan because of that. I still think individually Jordan is the greatest though, Jordan could give you 40 points on any given night and was a great defender. Magic was also 6'8 like LeBron, he didn't weigh 250 lol but was around 230 and he was more clutch than LeBron. LeBron is awesome though so I can't fault your choice. Magic still holds the record for average per season Assists wise at 11.2. He also was a consistent 20 Point scorer for his career despite being unselfish. When Magic beat Bird in the 1979 National Championship game and then beat Doc, Dawkins, Toney, Cheeks and the Sixers in the NBA Finals as a rookie, I said that is the greatest player ever at that time. Magic won Finals MVP as a rookie, that will never happen again, still hasn't happened. He put 42 Points, 15 Rebounds, and 7 Assists on a Sixers team that had a ton of veterans to close out the 1980 Finals in 6 games at Philly.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Magic Johnson and the Showtime Lakers got away with everything 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I started a franchise I would take Magic over anyone because he was the best leader ever IMO. He made everyone around him better more than anyone I have ever seen. I would only choose him over Jordan because of that. I still think individually Jordan is the greatest though, Jordan could give you 40 points on any given night and was a great defender. Magic was also 6'8 like LeBron, he didn't weigh 250 lol but was around 230 and he was more clutch than LeBron. LeBron is awesome though so I can't fault your choice. Magic still holds the record for average per season Assists wise at 11.2. He also was a consistent 20 Point scorer for his career despite being unselfish. When Magic beat Bird in the 1979 National Championship game and then beat Doc, Dawkins, Toney, Cheeks and the Sixers in the NBA Finals as a rookie, I said that is the greatest player ever at that time. Magic won Finals MVP as a rookie, that will never happen again, still hasn't happened. He put 42 Points, 15 Rebounds, and 7 Assists on a Sixers team that had a ton of veterans to close out the 1980 Finals in 6 games at Philly.

Larry Bird 

Magic might get to be the manager

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Magic Johnson and the Showtime Lakers got away with everything 

Larry Bird 

Magic might get to be the manager

lol, so did the Larry Bird's Celtics. When you went into Boston it was like playing 8 on 5 because of the REFS. That is another reason why the Lakers are the best team ever because they found a way to beat them in Boston to win Titles.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lol, so did the Larry Bird's Celtics. When you went into Boston it was like playing 8 on 5 because of the REFS. That is another reason why the Lakers are the best team ever because they found a way to beat them in Boston to win Titles.

not safe for work no GIF

I cheer for a small town Indiana hoopster  over the west coasters that featured a Spartan and Tar Heel

• Haha 2

I love Larry Bird too to be honest, he is a top 10 player ever easily but he wasn't better than Magic, JMO. I was a Pacers fan 1st back then anyway but I loved the way the Lakers ran the fast break and played clean. What I mean by clean is they didn't play dirty like the Celtics or Pistons did. Once McHale clotheslined Rambis I was really done with the Celtics. That was cheap but that was the only way they could beat LA was to make it a football game, Pistons also done the same thing with teams.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Larry Bird too to be honest, he is a top 10 player ever easily but he wasn't better than Magic, JMO. I was a Pacers fan 1st back then anyway but I loved the way the Lakers ran the fast break and played clean. What I mean by clean is they didn't play dirty like the Celtics or Pistons did. Once McHale clotheslined Rambis I was really done with the Celtics. That was cheap but that was the only way they could beat LA was to make it a football game, Pistons also done the same thing with teams.

Would never root against Larry

His HS Coach was at Princeton in the early 80s and Larry came to the future Tigers BB camps almost every summer

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Would never root against Larry

His HS Coach was at Princeton in the early 80s and Larry came to the future Tigers BB camps almost every summer

I loved it when Larry became the Pacers coach in 1998. We damn near beat Michael's Bulls in the ECFinals. Lost in 7 barely and we went to the Finals in 2000. Back in the 80's it was always Lakers and Celtics and I just liked the Lakers played basketball better, it was cleaner and fun to watch but I still loved Bird.

One reason why I hated the Knicks was because they were dirty during the 90's. They beat Reggie up. Dirty play sucks, it's basketball not football. I am glad we had the Davis's back then so we could counter their physical play. Smits was good too. Teams like the 90's Bulls and Warriors now won by not playing dirty. They played great basketball and didn't clothesline people lmao . Same for the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, they never needed to resort to stuff like that to win. Shaq was just big but never was a dirty player.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, Myles said:

I was the same.  I figured it was going to just be a bunch of interviews with people talking about everything I saw while growing up watching the Jordan Bulls as a kid.  But...

On 4/30/2020 at 2:02 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been watching it. It is a good show.

It is a good show.  It's been entertaining.  But...

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Since Jordans' company (Jump 23) was involved in the making of it, Jordan basically got to decide the narrative.  So I've had to look at it for what it is: a fluff-piece for Jordan and a hit-piece on Jerry Krause.

I used to idolize Michael Jordan as a kid.  When playing in the driveway, if we were shooting a 3 we were Reggie Miller, but if were driving to the basket or dunking (with a mini-basketball on a lowered rim with a mini trampoline for help haha) we were Michael Jordan.  But...

As I've gotten older and learned more about Michael Jordan as a person, I'm not really a fan anymore.  He seems like a really petty person, and it shows in the making of this "documentary".  :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I was the same.  I figured it was going to just be a bunch of interviews with people talking about everything I saw while growing up watching the Jordan Bulls as a kid.  But...

It is a good show.  It's been entertaining.  But...

Since Jordans' company (Jump 23) was involved in the making of it, Jordan basically got to decide the narrative.  So I've had to look at it for what it is: a fluff-piece for Jordan and a hit-piece on Jerry Krause.

I used to idolize Michael Jordan as a kid.  When playing in the driveway, if we were shooting a 3 we were Reggie Miller, but if were driving to the basket or dunking (with a mini-basketball on a lowered rim with a mini trampoline for help haha) we were Michael Jordan.  But...

As I've gotten older and learned more about Michael Jordan as a person, I'm not really a fan anymore.  He seems like a really petty person, and it shows in the making of this "documentary".  :(

I hated the Bulls during the 90's. I was tired of them winning it every year which made the league boring IMO. At least in the 80's you didn't know who was going win it all every year because there was always a powerhouse in the East that could challenge the Lakers. So the Finals were always interesting. They also blocked the Pacers from winning it all in 1998 with some shady calls by the REFS in Game 7 of the ECFinals. I will give Jordan his due as he is the greatest player ever but I still think the 1987 Lakers had a better team. I also am not 100% sure that their 1996 team would've beat the 1986 Celtics? The Celtics were loaded that whole decade. 

• Like 1

Yeah. I’m loving it. I grew up watching MJ and those Bulls teams in the mid-late 90’s. I haven’t missed a episode. Can’t wait for parts 5-6 this weekend !!!!

• Like 2

Michael Jordan said the scariest game he ever played in was in the 1998 ECFinals Game 7 against the Indiana Pacers. The only time he and Phil Jackson feared they may lose a series. Pacers had them beat (Led by 5 points with 6 minutes left) but didn't close. Bulls won by 5 instead 88-83, series 4-3.

Reggie Miller was the one man that didn't fear Jordan, he could somewhat hold his own against him. Of course Jordan would get his 30, Reggie would still get his 20 - 23 quietly but Reggie was always a threat come clutch time too. That Pacers team was equipped to beat the Bulls because of their bruising frontline = Dale Davis and Antonio Davis + Rik Smits was a lot better than any center they had. We just blew that one chance of a lifetime :wall:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Michael Jordan said the scariest game he ever played in was in the 1998 ECFinals Game 7 against the Indiana Pacers. The only time he and Phil Jackson feared they may lose a series. Pacers had them beat (Led by 5 points with 6 minutes left) but didn't close. Bulls won by 5 instead 88-83, series 4-3.

Reggie Miller was the one man that didn't fear Jordan, he could somewhat hold his own against him. Of course Jordan would get his 30, Reggie would still get his 20 - 23 quietly but Reggie was always a threat come clutch time too. That Pacers team was equipped to beat the Bulls because of their bruising frontline = Dale Davis and Antonio Davis + Rik Smits was a lot better than any center they had. We just blew that one chance of a lifetime :wall:

I think the team we had the year of the Malice in the Palace was a better team. 

I still have some bitter thoughts about Ron Artest at times. (he had great talent but his bonehead self ruined it)   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Michael Jordan said the scariest game he ever played in was in the 1998 ECFinals Game 7 against the Indiana Pacers.

I just watched episodes 7 and 8 last night, and it ended with the cliff-hanger of the tip-off of the '98 ECFinals.

I can't wait for the final two episodes next Sunday.  Episode 9 is going to start with that Bulls-Pacers series.  :excited:

• Like 1

Roger Brown is often overlooked as one of the greatest Pacer players in their history.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 11:28 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I can't wait for the final two episodes next Sunday.  Episode 9 is going to start with that Bulls-Pacers series.  :excited:

Well, they didn't spend quite as much time as I had hoped talking about that ECFinals series between the Bulls and Pacers.  It kinda went off on a tangent about Steve Kerrs' dad.  :dunno:

I'm biased, but I wish the entire episode 9 had been about that Pacers team with Bird coaching, Reg-gie, Smits, Jackson, Rose, Mullin, and the Davis Bros.  The history of the NBA hinged on one jump-ball between Jordan and Smits in the 4th quarter of game 7...  :hairout:

Still a good watch.  I think everyone was surprised to find out the "flu game" was actually the "food poisoning game".  I can't believe Jordan ate a whole pizza at like 11pm, since nobody else would eat any because it was delivered by five people to his hotel room in Utah in the middle of the Finals...  haha

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well, they didn't spend quite as much time as I had hoped talking about that ECFinals series between the Bulls and Pacers.  It kinda went off on a tangent about Steve Kerrs' dad.  :dunno:

I'm biased, but I wish the entire episode 9 had been about that Pacers team with Bird coaching, Reg-gie, Smits, Jackson, Rose, Mullin, and the Davis Bros.  The history of the NBA hinged on one jump-ball between Jordan and Smits in the 4th quarter of game 7...  :hairout:

Still a good watch.  I think everyone was surprised to find out the "flu game" was actually the "food poisoning game".  I can't believe Jordan ate a whole pizza at like 11pm, since nobody else would eat any because it was delivered by five people to his hotel room in Utah in the middle of the Finals...  haha

Yeah, I remember someone talking about Smits and Longley being tall men without knees, they didn't probably need the elevation but when push comes to shove, they didn't get the elevation you'd expect from a tall guy in the NBA like them either.

I do wonder though that if they allowed to play zone defense, the Bulls team might have been constructed differently but Jordan, who was not a great 3 pt. shooter, wouldn't have benefited nearly as much. The most underrated guy with the Bulls was Ron Harper, whose defense in the passing lanes led to so many breakaway fast breaks. That Bulls team with Pippen, Rodman and Harper was a better defensive team that would have given several teams in history fits. Everyone looks at Jordan and the scoring he created but forgets all the defensive aspects of that team. Pippen on Mark Jackson was a big move that changed the Bulls-Pacers series. A guy who can guard the 3-point line and switch like Pippen, those guys do not come around too often.

The only other team with such length I have seen on defense is the Larry Brown coached Pistons with Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Teyshaun Prince. Again, it all depends on how close they call tough defensive efforts, and those Pistons almost did a college style full court press and with their length, was hard to get 3 pointers away or break traps.

Yes, what kept that Bulls dynasty going was they did not let up for a decade. That is why the Warriors, at their prime, if Kevin Durant was still around, could have challenged the Bulls, IMO but instead Draymond Green has to run his mouth and mess up chemistry.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 1:51 PM, crazycolt1 said:

No one was allowed to guard him. He got away with traveling and carrying big time his whole career.

As does Lebron, just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 2:12 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He made everyone around him better more than anyone I have ever seen.

“The Admiral” David Robinson is the best I ever watched at being a true team player and great human being. JMO.

3 hours ago, HOZER said:

“The Admiral” David Robinson is the best I ever watched at being a true team player and great human being. JMO.

I agree with the great human being part. Don't get me wrong he was a great basketball player too but IMO several Centers were better like Jabbar, Shaq, Hakeem = guys that played in his era or near his era. Jabbar retired as Robinson was coming in but Jabbar was better. I would probably take Robinson over Ewing. When I watched the Spurs play the Jazz in the 1998 playoffs, Malone tore up Duncan and Robinson and Malone is a PF at 6'9, not even a Center.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I remember someone talking about Smits and Longley being tall men without knees, they didn't probably need the elevation but when push comes to shove, they didn't get the elevation you'd expect from a tall guy in the NBA like them either.

I do wonder though that if they allowed to play zone defense, the Bulls team might have been constructed differently but Jordan, who was not a great 3 pt. shooter, wouldn't have benefited nearly as much. The most underrated guy with the Bulls was Ron Harper, whose defense in the passing lanes led to so many breakaway fast breaks. That Bulls team with Pippen, Rodman and Harper was a better defensive team that would have given several teams in history fits. Everyone looks at Jordan and the scoring he created but forgets all the defensive aspects of that team. Pippen on Mark Jackson was a big move that changed the Bulls-Pacers series. A guy who can guard the 3-point line and switch like Pippen, those guys do not come around too often.

The only other team with such length I have seen on defense is the Larry Brown coached Pistons with Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Teyshaun Prince. Again, it all depends on how close they call tough defensive efforts, and those Pistons almost did a college style full court press and with their length, was hard to get 3 pointers away or break traps.

Yes, what kept that Bulls dynasty going was they did not let up for a decade. That is why the Warriors, at their prime, if Kevin Durant was still around, could have challenged the Bulls, IMO but instead Draymond Green has to run his mouth and mess up chemistry.

The ultimate matchup would be the 1996 Bulls vs the 1987 Lakers. That Lakers team averaged 117 points a game and also had great defense using their length. They would beat the Warriors of 2017/2018. Michael Cooper at 6'6 had long arms and won DPOY that season, he was a 6th man lmao . Jabbar was 7'2, Magic was 6'9, Scott was even 6'5 and strong + deadly from 3, Green was 6'9, and Worthy was 6'9 = their starting lineup. Talk about length! For some reason hardly nobody mentions this team but it is probably because they played in the 80's and many just didn't see them play. That team was way ahead of their time. Magic and Jabbar both are top 5 players ever at worse. The Lakers won 5 Championships during the 80's and went to 8 Finals, only won 1 less Championship than the Bulls but went to 2 more Finals. Had it not been for the Celtics the Lakers would've 6 or 7 Championships that decade.

If they did a documentary on the Showtime Lakers from 1985-1988 many people that never seen them play would be in AWE! They would change their tune and say Magic was the 2nd best player ever not LeBron. I have LeBron 4th so he is on Mt Rushmore but Magic and Jabbar were both better IMO. Jabbar is the greatest Center ever, that isn't even arguable. He won 6 Championships and 6 League MVP's + is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history.

Bird is basically even with LeBron. I give LeBron the nod over Bird only because LeBron is clearly the greatest player of his generation = 2010's although Kobe was better the first part of LeBron's career in the 2000's, Bird wasn't the best player of his generation as Magic won player of the decade during the 80's.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they did a documentary on the Showtime Lakers from 1985-1988 many people that never seen them play would be in AWE! They would change their tune and say Magic was the 2nd best player ever not LeBron. I have LeBron 4th so he is on Mt Rushmore but Magic and Kareem were both better IMO. Bird is basically even with LeBron. I give LeBron the nod over Bird only because LeBron is clearly the greatest player of his generation = 2010's although Kobe was better the first part of LeBron's career in the 2000's, Bird wasn't the best player of his generation as Magic won player of the decade during the 80's.

Oh I know he wasn’t as good of a player, although his stats aren’t too far off some of those you mentioned. And he was one of the best coming out of college. I believe he was a more team focused player and not as “flashy look at me” as they were. He also groomed Duncan into a great player. And his off the court accomplishments are off the charts. I look at the whole picture not just why they do on the court.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Oh I know he wasn’t as good of a player, although his stats aren’t too far off some of those you mentioned. And he was one of the best coming out of college. I believe he was a more team focused player and not as “flashy look at me” as they were. He also groomed Duncan into a great player. And his off the court accomplishments are off the charts. I look at the whole picture not just why they do on the court.

Regarding Robinson, I am huge fan of his. He was a Great Center and someone you could build a franchise around no doubt. He belonged on the Dream Team in 1992, glad he got Gold for the USA. I think 2003 Spurs may be their best team ever out of the Spurs teams. Robinson's last year but they were loaded with Duncan in his prime and Parker, Gino, and many others at that time on that team. Pop was a great head coach by that time too.

• Like 1

Out of the teams I have seen in my lifetime by my eye test, the 2 best are the 1996 Bulls and 1987 Lakers. The 1986 Celtics, the 2001 Lakers, and 2017 Warriors are right there though. 

• Like 2

From 1985-1988 the Lakers won 3 Championships in 4 years just like the Warriors recently did from 2015-2018. The 1 year the Lakers lost, Magic was playing hampered with a groin injury in the 1986 WCFinals vs the Rockets. Magic still played the whole series but after Game 1 wasn't the same. The Rockets upset them winning 4 straight (4-1). After 1986, the Lakers traded for Mychal Thompson (Klay's father) to fix the only weakness they had which was playing against bigger teams like the Celtics and Rockets. Jabbar needed a legit backup and he got it. Rockets had Hakeem and Ralph back then. After the Lakers got Thompson they won back to back championships in 87 and 88. That Lakers core team was so deep that James Worthy won MVP of the Finals in 1988 scoring 36 Points, 10 Rebounds, and 10 Assists in Game 7 vs the Pistons. He would've been a franchise player for half the teams in the league back then and was the Lakers 3rd best player, just insane. What stands out to me about Magic was he won Finals MVP as a rookie in 1980 when Jabbar was injured. Magic as a rookie scored 42 Points, 15 Rebounds, and had 7 Assists winning in 6 games over a loaded Philly team on the road.

RIP Jerry Sloan, was a very good coach.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

RIP Jerry Sloan, was a very good coach.

Yeah he has had Parkinson for a while. He is a top 10 coach ever IMO. He led the Jazz to Finals in 1997 and 1998. The Jazz would've won a championship had it not been for Jordan and the Bulls. The Bulls seemed to block everyone like Stockton and Malone, even Reggie in 1998. Anyway RIP coach Sloan.