Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Number of yards Taylor will have rookie season.

Number of yards taylor will have his rookie year   

99 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards will taylor have?

• 0ver 9000
    • Over 2000
    • 1500- 2000
    • 1000-1500
    • 500-1000
    • Under 500

Depends how the split in carries works. I'd say Mack will get 10-15 touches leaving Taylor with maybe 5-10 depending on game flow.

I went 500-1000.

Hoping for the over, just not sure on the carry split.

I think Mack maybe first 4 games or something, then Taylor taking over starting gig?

Who knows, what will happen. Jist hoping for no injuries.

I fully expect for Taylor to rush for 1500 in 2021, when starting job is all his. Hopefully he literally takes the spot and runs with it early this year.

Just rushing yds?  Probably somewhere around 1000, depending on if Mack stays healthy the entire season.

Total yds?  Probably closer to 1500.

I think Rivers is going to provide a nice spike to our RBs receiving yds this year.  :thmup:

ranges are too big given we're going to have a committee. 2000? 9000? lol

I'm going to say they play him about 25-30% of the snaps the first 3-4 games and gradually move him up as the season goes on.

My guess - 750

Snaps (not necessarily rush attempts)

Start of season

Mack 55%

Taylor 30%

Hines 15%

Mid season

Mack 45%

Taylor 40%

Hines 15%

End of season

Taylor 45%

Mack 40%

Hines 15%

• Like 3

Realistically 500-1000

However the training staff/Injury problems in Indy seem to be one of the worst in the league. So if that 500-1000 is only good if he is able to stay healthy.

28 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

He will have a lot less than Mack.  Mack is the starter.   JT is the understudy

Maybe so but Mack isn't really a 3 down back every time they seem to give him the number of touches that make people think he is a 3 down back he ends up hurt and out for several weeks cause his body just cant seem to hold up to it. Taylor is a 3 down back now I imagine early on they go with Mack and kind of ease Taylor in but if Mack would get hurt early on it might open the door early for Taylor to take over as the more carries you give this guy the better and stronger he seems to get.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

He will have a lot less than Mack.  Mack is the starter.   JT is the understudy

Not necessarily.  I believe  addai had more than Rhodes  and he was the back up

2 hours ago, Superfly said:

Mack and Taylor both rush for a 1000

The 2.0 version of E. Byner and K. Mack. Smash mouth football!

Defiantly higher than that, Heck Mack had 1,091 yards on his own and combined with the other backs who aren't nearly the back Taylor is they totaled 1,832

I still think Mack is more valuable as trade bait since the Colts invested a high draft pick in Taylor. Maybe we can get a second-round pick for him in the 2021 draft if someone wants a running back. I would have used the pick on someone else, but if the Colts want Taylor, I can't see them paying Mack with big contracts coming to Kelly, Nelson, Leonard etc....

51 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I still think Mack is more valuable as trade bait since the Colts invested a high draft pick in Taylor. Maybe we can get a second-round pick for him in the 2021 draft if someone wants a running back. I would have used the pick on someone else, but if the Colts want Taylor, I can't see them paying Mack with big contracts coming to Kelly, Nelson, Leonard etc....

Why should any team trade for Mack in 2021 on a second contract? 

I don't see a sign and trade by the Colts. 

I would prefer the Colts resign him and keep him. Taylor will be on a rookie contact so it's not like they will have a bunch of money wrapped up on the RBs. 

I think Taylor will start as the understudy but after he breaks off a couple long runs, everyone will be wanting him in the lead back role.  Could make sense to push him to the front to kind of limit Mack’s value (still splitting carries though to keep them both fresh).  We just might be able to keep Mack as a backup if he can accept being number 2.  I expect he’ll be looking to get paid at least like Tevin Coleman.  

If he leaves, we’ll get the comp pick.  I think it’s a win win for us regardless. As to the question, I think he’ll hit 1000 just based off of breaking a few long runs.  I can see Taylor taking some of those runs where we pull Big Q to the house. 

I’ll say 2 1/2 yards....

The front and back yards at his house in Indy.... and maybe a small patch of grass in front of the beach condo.

He is after all only a 2nd rounder.

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Orioles22 said:

We could trade Mack for a 4th or later pick and draft another suspect QB so everyone can argue Kelly is better. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why should any team trade for Mack in 2021 on a second contract? 

I don't see a sign and trade by the Colts. 

I would prefer the Colts resign him and keep him. Taylor will be on a rookie contact so it's not like they will have a bunch of money wrapped up on the RBs. 

Mack is perceived by many teams as a very good young RB.  Some see him a top 10.  His value is probably the highest right now.  So I wouldn't rule it out this year.  Wilkens could be the backup to Taylor like he is now for Mack.  That said I think the more likely scenario is he stays with us this year unless a real strong offer comes our way and Wilkens gets traded for a pick on roster cut down day.   At the end of the year I don't see Mack signing a contract to be a backup to Taylor.  I think he views himself as a starter and would hit FA to find a new team if not traded.

I think by game 5 he will be the starter and I expect him to easily pass 1000 yards behind that line. I like Mack but I think Taylor is a better runner and even a better fit than Mack in this offense. He will eat yards with this OLine. And especially if we are getting leads early I expect him to be closing games strong. 

There is a slight chance he gets over 1500 yards, but if I had to bet I'd bet in the 1000-1500 range.

I think he'll have more receiving yards than rushing yards. 

Rivers loves dump offs, which Jacoby hated. 

All I know is I can't wait to see this dude on the field behind our O-Line. He looks like he gets shot out of a cannon when he decides to take off.