Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Traits stick out?

TheMose

What traits pop out to you as you watch our draft picks? I love this draft more and more I watch tape

Pittman Jr. - Hands. He has hands of glue and catches the ball with such strength

Taylor - Physicality. He runs powerful. Falls forward when tackled to pick up extra yards. Great trait to have especially blended with the speed he has

Blackmon - Range. He was all over the field and in the right place at the right time. Can’t wait to see him healthy

Eason - Arm strength. Kind of a given. He’s also ultra accurate when he’s comfortable now let’s make sure we keep him as comfortable as possible

Haven't watch enough tape on the other players to make a judgement 

4 minutes ago, TheMose said:

What traits pop out to you as you watch our draft picks? I love this draft more and more I watch tape

Pittman Jr. - Hands. He has hands of glue and catches the ball with such strength

Taylor - Physicality. He runs powerful. Falls forward when tackled to pick up extra yards. Great trait to have especially blended with the speed he has

Blackmon - Range. He was all over the field and in the right place at the right time. Can’t wait to see him healthy

Eason - Arm strength. Kind of a given. He’s also ultra accurate when he’s comfortable now let’s make sure we keep him as comfortable as possible

Haven't watch enough tape on the other players to make a judgement 

Character. Most of these guys all have great character.  Also I think  this is  the first time  Ballard has drafted  a guy with elite hands instead of getting  that high up side guy that drops it alot. Looking forward  to that steelers game.

Just now, Stephen said:

Character. Most of these guys all have great character.  Also I think  this is  the first time  Ballard has drafted  a guy with elite hands instead of getting  that high up side guy that drops it alot. Looking forward  to that steelers game.

Oh absolutely. Pittman and Taylor have extremely good interview skills and seem very intelligent. Haven’t heard much of the others. 

Yea it’s nice to have somebody without a huge drop asterisk next to them. Loved Ebron but it killed us too many times

I like how Ballard used later picks on guys with traits that can help on special teams.

Rodgers is probably the best returner in this draft class.

Glasgow is a special teams ace.

And he added Blankenship as an UDFA.

Ballard obviously had all three phases of the game in mind during this draft.

:scoregood:

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I like how Ballard used later picks on guys with traits that can help on special teams.

Rodgers is probably the best returner in this draft class.

Glasgow is a special teams ace.

And he added Blankenship as an UDFA.

Ballard obviously had all three phases of the game in mind during this draft.

:scoregood:

Nice to have that returner depth in case Hines’ returning woes resurface 

1 minute ago, TheMose said:

Nice to have that returner depth in case Hines’ returning woes resurface 

I felt like that was always an issue with the Polian Colts.

Great kickers/punters, but never a good returner, and always getting burned by the other teams' returner.

It's good to know Ballard has an eye on not only kickers, but also returners and guys responsible for stopping the other teams' returners.  :thmup:

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I felt like that was always an issue with the Polian Colts.

Great kickers/punters, but never a good returner, and always getting burned by the other teams' returner.

It's good to know Ballard has an eye on not only kickers, but also returners and guys responsible for stopping the other teams' returners.  :thmup:

I agree. That field position is extremely important and you can tell Ballard values it

Archived