Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

Why would they sign Hill to a two-year, 21 million dollar contact as well?? If I were Hill, I'd be PO that I was told I deserve the No. 2 spot by Payton, yet they do this.

Good sign by them tho.

Hill is a flex. He is never going to be a starter. Plus you don’t want to use Hill so much and have him as the backup. I believe last year when Brees got hurt they stopped using him. This is a good spot for Winston. He can show them what he has for a year and if they think he can be the heir to breaks they can keep him. If not hopefully the QB market next year isn’t as saturated. Bucs basically waited to long and there was no where for him to go.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hill is a flex. He is never going to be a starter. Plus you don’t want to use Hill so much and have him as the backup. I believe last year when Brees got hurt they stopped using him. This is a good spot for Winston. He can show them what he has for a year and if they think he can be the heir to breaks they can keep him. If not hopefully the QB market next year isn’t as saturated. Bucs basically waited to long and there was no where for him to go.

Payton said that both Hill himself & the Saints see him as a future starting QB, and hopefully their starting QB after Drew Brees' final season. 

Payton stayed Hill would be the No. 2 QB. It makes no sense as to why Winston would sign unless they plan to sign him now and potentially trade him later this offseason when a team needs a QB.

He will play the F position this year, and hopefully take over after Brees retires were close to the exact words that came out of Payton's mouth. This is kind of a shot in the foot to Hill

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Payton said that both Hill himself & the Saints see him as a future starting QB, and hopefully their starting QB after Drew Brees' final season. 

Payton stayed Hill would be the No. 2 QB. It makes no sense as to why Winston would sign unless they plan to sign him now and potentially trade him later this offseason when a team needs a QB.

He will play the F position this year, and hopefully take over after Brees retires were close to the exact words that came out of Payton's mouth. This is kind of a shot in the foot to Hill

He can say what he wants and he might give it a try but the guy is not a starter. Watch people’s actions instead of words. Hill is also like 32 years old. 

Saints are trying to win a championship. Signing Winston says that they know if Brees goes down, Hill can’t get them there.  Plus Hill has a ridiculous injury history.  Almost unbelievable the way injuries ravaged his college career.  I just can’t picture him as a starter taking every snap for 16 games without getting hurt.  But he’s fun to watch though. 

I wonder whose idea it was. Brees is Payton’s homie until he dies but he seems about as excited about the situation he’s in with him as Ted Thompson was with Favre towards the end. And personal opinions of his own aside, he flat out knows Brees is very limited at this point. 

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I wonder whose idea it was. Brees is Payton’s homie until he dies but he seems about as excited about the situation he’s in with him as Ted Thompson was with Favre towards the end. And personal opinions of his own aside, he flat out knows Brees is very limited at this point. 

It’s actually a good situation for Winston and the saints. He wanted to go there he said to learn from the best. Maybe the QB market next year is better. Plus if he shows up and work hard the saints could make him the heir to Brees. 

Definitely a good idea talking strictly talent. Winston can sling it deep like Payton likes and like Brees can’t anymore and he doesn’t care if he throws a pick. And Winston’s mind is probably underrated. Tampa Bay was hot Cleveland tbh.

They have Hill though and extended him 21 M. Idk...

Archived