Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I liked seeing everyone's houses and families. The NFL did a good job with it. 

Belichick's dog, Nike, was working hard at the computer, also. If NE fans didn't like the draft, they can blame the dog. He showed up more than Belichick. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I liked it and it could have gone faster if people didn't have to talk and a lot of it was then B.S. like really. 

You’re trying to give every player their moment in the sun.   Enough time so that each player has roughly 30-60 seconds fir the analysts to say (hopefully) nice things.  

That’s why this event does really well in the ratings.   Fans of the NFL teams watch.   Fans of the colleges who provide the players watch.  And fans and family of the actual player watch.  It all adds up. 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I liked it and it could have gone faster if people didn't have to talk and a lot of it was then B.S. like really. 

Have to keep in mind that this is still just a TV show with a set runtime and set commercial slots. Everything is pretty much structured out and sometimes the talking heads have to just fill what would otherwise be dead air.

Trey Wingo was grasping for words a lot, having to give Goodell time to get squared away with each pick.... but overall I enjoyed it and thought the interaction between the ESPN and NFLN guys was good.

Out of the whole lot of them I liked Daniel Jeremiah’s commentary the best.

• Like 1
On 4/27/2020 at 12:14 AM, NewColtsFan said:

You’re trying to give every player their moment in the sun.   Enough time so that each player has roughly 30-60 seconds fir the analysts to say (hopefully) nice things.  

That’s why this event does really well in the ratings.   Fans of the NFL teams watch.   Fans of the colleges who provide the players watch.  And fans and family of the actual player watch.  It all adds up. 

It was not that it was the nonsense behind it when people were smoken and joking and goodell is just sitting there waiting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• ...and Trey Burton coming back possibly this week, would they potentially run HInes or maybe even Burton out of the slot at times, with TY and Pascal on the outside? Just trying to think of ways to get our best weapons on the field, and I would hate to MAC lose a ton of reps at TE since he has played so well and Rivers seems to have a nice connection with him.
    • I agree to the nth degree. with this assessment.  JB is a distraction and there is something wierd about his pay, his status, him coming in as an option QB on a 4th down, etc.   If you are trying to develop a QB, what better time than garbage time v the woeful Jets?
    • I would. I'd even say if we were heading into the Superbowl, I'd take Eason over Brissett.  why? The unknown QB can give teams a fit, if that QB steps up to it.  And it sounds like Eason is putting that work in big time.     Now, if the decision would be between Kelly and Brissett, that one for me gets more challenging. I think I'd still go Kelly but the fact that the coaches have him relegated to the PS speaks of less confidence in him than Eason. That said, I think I'd still go Kelly over Brissett.  Not because Brissett is worse than Kelly, but again, teams know Brissett can't or wont force it down field and isn't good at things.  Kelly i think is a much better scheme fit to Riech's scheme than Brissett. 
    • Understandable.  Would you feel the same way, assuming JB and Eason are both healthy, and we were in a playoff hunt?  Meaning that every game is important.    I have nothing against Eason.  But no one can argue that he hasn't been tested in the NFL.  That needs to happen.  The real question is - when?
    • I think you might be overestimating the talent on the field if you are unimpressed with Reich.  There are some head scratchers he calls sometimes especially Hines in short yardage, but I don't think the talent we have on the field right now is going to be the type of squad putting up gaudy offensive numbers.  Another thing, I don't understand is limiting MACs snaps.  He mauls people in the running game and is huge, athletic and had good hands.  I'm guessing his route running is a weakness, but come on.  The dude needs to play a lot. Mack's departure has really hurt this team offensivley IMO.    I have a hard time beleiving that the OLine is not creating opportunities to run the ball more effectively, but I have not watched tape to confirm my belief.   Reich had been a really good offensive coach IMO with all he's had to try to deal with quite a few unexpected issues.   Our personnell choices are pretty limited right now in general.  
  • Members