Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on draft format

9 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I liked it and it could have gone faster if people didn't have to talk and a lot of it was then B.S. like really. 

You’re trying to give every player their moment in the sun.   Enough time so that each player has roughly 30-60 seconds fir the analysts to say (hopefully) nice things.  

That’s why this event does really well in the ratings.   Fans of the NFL teams watch.   Fans of the colleges who provide the players watch.  And fans and family of the actual player watch.  It all adds up. 

19 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I liked it and it could have gone faster if people didn't have to talk and a lot of it was then B.S. like really. 

Have to keep in mind that this is still just a TV show with a set runtime and set commercial slots. Everything is pretty much structured out and sometimes the talking heads have to just fill what would otherwise be dead air.

Trey Wingo was grasping for words a lot, having to give Goodell time to get squared away with each pick.... but overall I enjoyed it and thought the interaction between the ESPN and NFLN guys was good.

Out of the whole lot of them I liked Daniel Jeremiah’s commentary the best.

On 4/27/2020 at 12:14 AM, NewColtsFan said:

You’re trying to give every player their moment in the sun.   Enough time so that each player has roughly 30-60 seconds fir the analysts to say (hopefully) nice things.  

That’s why this event does really well in the ratings.   Fans of the NFL teams watch.   Fans of the colleges who provide the players watch.  And fans and family of the actual player watch.  It all adds up. 

It was not that it was the nonsense behind it when people were smoken and joking and goodell is just sitting there waiting.

Archived