Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 UDFA Class Tracker


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

 

Thanks CBE. I really don't use those guys as they're just projections for the most part. I'm digging now, and hope to find a pro day or something. Hoping he's faster given his background.

 

I agree -- though, some of them are accurate for smaller schools based on pro-days.  

 

However, for DeMichael Harris it looks like he didn't get a pro-day due to COVID:  https://www.vicksburgpost.com/2020/04/08/former-st-al-southern-miss-star-harris-preparing-for-the-nfl-draft/

 

He was a track star in HS, though.  I can't find a 40 on him, but he won states in HS in Mississippi with a 10.55 100, a 20.8 in the 200, and a 47.9 in the 400.  https://southernmiss.com/sports/football/roster/de-michael-harris/5906

 

The 10.55 100 would have put him in the top 8 in the country for NCAA D-I men's track and field at nationals in 2017 and top 10-12 in 2019.  His 20.8 would have put him in the top 20 in the 200 M.  So, he's a pretty fast cat.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hot Rod!    

As the draft comes to a close, the UDFA frenzy begins.   If anyone sees any reports of any Colts signings, please share!   UDFA Signings (unconfirmed): South Alabama CB Travis

As a Blankenship, imma get me a jersey even if he dosnt make the team. Probably the closest imma get lol.

5 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

 

I agree -- though, some of them are accurate for smaller schools based on pro-days.  

 

However, for DeMichael Harris it looks like he didn't get a pro-day due to COVID:  https://www.vicksburgpost.com/2020/04/08/former-st-al-southern-miss-star-harris-preparing-for-the-nfl-draft/

 

He was a track star in HS, though.  I can't find a 40 on him, but he won states in HS in Mississippi with a 10.55 100, a 20.8 in the 200, and a 47.9 in the 400.  https://southernmiss.com/sports/football/roster/de-michael-harris/5906

 

The 10.55 100 would have put him in the top 8 in the country for NCAA D-I men's track and field at nationals in 2017 and top 10-12 in 2019.  His 20.8 would have put him in the top 20 in the 200 M.  So, he's a pretty fast cat.

You're awesome dude. That's my option 3 (track time history, then conversion) if they don't have combine or pro days. If he ran a 10.55, he's a 4.4 guy or maybe even better.

 

Here's a site I used on how to project 40 based on 100m.

 

Thanks buddy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You're awesome dude. That's my option 3 (track time history, then conversion) if they don't have combine or pro days. If he ran a 10.55, he's a 4.4 guy or maybe even better.

 

Here's a site I used on how to project 40 based on 100m.

 

Thanks buddy.

 

 

You're welcome -- thank you.

 

Not to get carried away, but it looks like Ballard seems to be focusing on STs in this draft/UDFA period moreso than I remember him in previous years.  The Glasgow pick Ballard basically said 'he could be a great special teams guy' and barely talked about him as a LBer.  Isaiah Rodgers he mentioned being a solid return guy, plus can play gunner even though he's kinda light for CB.  De'Michael Harris had a big kick return (100 yards) last year and a pretty solid kick return average.  He seems to me like he's more a return specialist than a guy to get too excited about as a RB or WR.

 

Not counting on late round rookies or UDFA to make significant contributions to the team this season, but if nothing else, Ballard is bringing in some very fast dudes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

 

 

You're welcome -- thank you.

 

Not to get carried away, but it looks like Ballard seems to be focusing on STs in this draft/UDFA period moreso than I remember him in previous years.  The Glasgow pick Ballard basically said 'he could be a great special teams guy' and barely talked about him as a LBer.  Isaiah Rodgers he mentioned being a solid return guy, plus can play gunner even though he's kinda light for CB.  De'Michael Harris had a big kick return (100 yards) last year and a pretty solid kick return average.  He seems to me like he's more a return specialist than a guy to get too excited about as a RB or WR.

 

Not counting on late round rookies or UDFA to make significant contributions to the team this season, but if nothing else, Ballard is bringing in some very fast dudes.

I always like STs picks late, but also try to match that (with mocks) with potential depth development with core team responsibilities. I think Rodgers and Harris fit that. Glasgow, not so much, but if Ballard believes he will be "elite" on STs, I'm more than happy with it. 

 

I'm getting ready to deep dive each draft pick starting late round, and will likely publish some of the info. Starting with Glasgow! lol. I might do some of the UDFAs too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 9:57 PM, Hoose said:

 

Anyone know Carter Odonnell’s Measurements? Long arms? Speed? Etc. I’m wondering if he is the reason the Colts decided not to take an OT during the Draft. 

Hand: 10.125

Arms: 32

Wingspan: 80.125   

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 313

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosy Nix is a solid special teamer

Glasgow touted as the same

Rodgers a KR/PR and gunner

Carrie is a decent special teamer

Pittman & Patmon played teams in college

 

Tell, Adams, Franklin and Pascal are still special team studs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this kid Farrod Green they brought it. Not a flashy guy at all but looks solid. We already know how much this front office and coaching staff values blocking from its skilled positions, and thats this kids calling card. Decent hands too, Wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around in camp for a bit, maybe stick him on the practice squad until we see if MAC can figure it out.
 

He reminds me a bit of Dwayne Allen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I always like how many of you call adult men "Kid" as in "This kid looks good".

Yeah, a 25 year old calling a 22 year old “kid“. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

I always like how many of you call adult men "Kid" as in "This kid looks good".

Rooks are likely living with mom and dad right now unless they got an advance from their agents.... Still kids... :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Rooks are likely living with mom and dad right now unless they got an advance from their agents.... Still kids... :D

when they are people I could have taught I call them kids

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2020 at 10:50 PM, EastStreet said:

Glasgow, not so much, but if Ballard believes he will be "elite" on STs, I'm more than happy with it.

Honestly, Matt Slater has made a career of being one of the best ST players in the league year after year and, as far as I know, that's really his only role on the team. I prefer players with the ability to contribute in core teams as well as ST, but I'm ok with an elite STer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

Gimmick O

Same Gimmick O ran by over 50% of colleges, same gimmick O that Love ran as a sophmore when he had good numbers.

 

I was a bit surprised Gordon went undrafted, but even though I am a big Gordon fan, I thought he'd be a 5th round or later pick because of 1 year as a starter and 2 years worth of work needed to get him ready to play in the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Same Gimmick O ran by over 50% of colleges, same gimmick O that Love ran as a sophmore when he had good numbers.

 

I was a bit surprised Gordon went undrafted, but even though I am a big Gordon fan, I thought he'd be a 5th round or later pick because of 1 year as a starter and 2 years worth of work needed to get him ready to play in the NFL.

Same Gimmick O that doesn’t produce NFL ready QBs

  Tim Couch

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Same Gimmick O that doesn’t produce NFL ready QBs

  Tim Couch

Or Patrick Mahomes.

 

Stats may catch a scouts eye, but scouts and teams don't evaluate stats.  So the O his team ran has nothing to do with Gordon not getting drafted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

when they are people I could have taught I call them kids

Yup. It's not disparaging. I like when my aunts, mom, and former teachers and coaches still call me kid lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shive said:

Honestly, Matt Slater has made a career of being one of the best ST players in the league year after year and, as far as I know, that's really his only role on the team. I prefer players with the ability to contribute in core teams as well as ST, but I'm ok with an elite STer.

Yup. I'm good with it if he balls out there, and we have everything covered.  

I do want to see improvement on STs without a doubt.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. It's not disparaging. I like when my aunts, mom, and former teachers and coaches still call me kid lol.

Since my parents taught for 40+ years and then I coached/taught/worked with most of mine I rarely get called kid but since my coaching and early subbing career overlapped with my parents I often got/get “little” added to my surname 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 5:53 PM, MTC said:

As the draft comes to a close, the UDFA frenzy begins.

 

If anyone sees any reports of any Colts signings, please share!

 

UDFA Signings (unconfirmed):

South Alabama CB Travis Reed

Southern Miss WR De'Michael Harris

Canadian OL Carter O'Donnell

Georgia K Rodrigo Blankenship

Georgia Southern S Donald Rutledge

South Dakota DL Cameron Kline

Syracuse DE Kendall Coleman

Wagner DT Chris Williams

Washington DE Brandon Willington

 

Rookie Camp Invites:

 

Unknown:

So who do you think makes the team for the 22nd or 23rd year in a row....?

 

Kendall Coleman has a chance at LDE in Sheards spot.....cutting Green

 

Rodrigo Blankenship could beat out Chase....

 

If O'Donnell shows anything in the preseason he couldn't be stashed on the PS due to all the previous interest in signing him....so he, Clark, Pinter, and Patterson are the likely depth....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Or Patrick Mahomes.

 

Stats may catch a scouts eye, but scouts and teams don't evaluate stats.  So the O his team ran has nothing to do with Gordon not getting drafted.

We were saying the same thing

  btw

     PM didn’t come from the Mike Leach/Hal Mumme Spread but the modified Lincoln Riley Version

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So who do you think makes the team for the 22nd or 23rd year in a row....?

 

Kendall Coleman has a chance at LDE in Sheards spot.....cutting Green

 

Rodrigo Blankenship could beat out Chase....

 

If O'Donnell shows anything in the preseason he couldn't be stashed on the PS due to all the previous interest in signing him....so he, Clark, Pinter, and Patterson are the likely depth....

 

 

With the apparent cancellation of the CFL it looks like CO made the right call

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Besides Rodrigo and ODonnell, has anyone come across the signing guarantees for our UDFAs?

 

I have seen articles on the Eagles guarantees  and the link below has details for many of the players. As you can see a bunch of players including several from chiefs and eagles received

over $100k

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/undrafted-free-agents/

The contract details trickle in, but see here, and sort under acquired so the undrafted goes to the top.

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/contracts/

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

The contract details trickle in, but see here, and sort under acquired so the undrafted goes to the top.

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/contracts/

I had already sorted by team and position. Most of the Colts information is still blank. 
 

My 2 comments/questions:

1.  Does anyone have the Colts guaranteed signing info for UDFAs?  It is avail for other teams 

2. Other teams have paid certain players over $100k. The most I have heard regarding colts players is O’Donnell getting $25k  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

I had already sorted by team and position. Most of the Colts information is still blank. 
 

My 2 comments/questions:

1.  Does anyone have the Colts guaranteed signing info for UDFAs?  It is avail for other teams 

2. Other teams have paid certain players over $100k. The most I have heard regarding colts players is O’Donnell getting $25k  
 

 

Of the 8 listed, one has a guarantee (RBlank), and 7 are lacking a guarantee. I wouldn't assume those 7 are getting guarantees, as they don't seem like high demand UDFAs. Blank was a high demand UDFA and we only gave him 20K.

 

Harris and Rutledge aren't listed yet, and are really the only updates I expect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Of the 8 listed, one has a guarantee (RBlank), and 7 are lacking a guarantee. I wouldn't assume those 7 are getting guarantees, as they don't seem like high demand UDFAs. Blank was a high demand UDFA and we only gave him 20K.

 

Harris and Rutledge aren't listed yet, and are really the only updates I expect.

I might consider O’Donnell a high demand FA because of his Possible CFL future

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I might consider O’Donnell a high demand FA because of his Possible CFL future

Meh. Doubt it.

IIRC, CFL first rounders only make 80k a year lol.. He just signed a contract worth 9x that. The highest paid CFL player in 2019 didn't even make that much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:
22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I might consider O’Donnell a high demand FA because of his Possible CFL future

Meh. Doubt it.

IIRC, CFL first rounders only make 80k a year lol.. He just signed a contract worth 9x that. The highest paid CFL player in 2019 didn't even make that much.

Colts reportedly paid O'Donnell a $25k signing bonus. I didn't see that on spotrac.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Meh. Doubt it.

IIRC, CFL first rounders only make 80k a year lol.. He just signed a contract worth 9x that. The highest paid CFL player in 2019 didn't even make that much.

He is passing up a guaranteed contract and leaving his family and friends to come to the Colts 
    For a lot of guys playing the game and being near family is more important than money

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He is passing up a guaranteed contract and leaving his family and friends to come to the Colts 
    For a lot of guys playing the game and being near family is more important than money

@Dogg63 just said he got 25k. Moving expenses lol.... It's less than the mileage from San Diego though..

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Chiefs alone have 4 UDFAs with over $100k

- Lavert Hill CB Michigan $110,000

- Kalija Lipscomb WR Vanderbilt $110,000 

- Yasir Durant T Missouri $150,000 

- Darryl Williams C Mississippi State $107,000

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

@Dogg63 just said he got 25k. Moving expenses lol.... It's less than the mileage from San Diego though..

CB sees something in him since they got him to give up a guaranteed contract

 

   

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

The Chiefs alone have 4 UDFAs with over $100k

- Lavert Hill CB Michigan $110,000

- Kalija Lipscomb WR Vanderbilt $110,000 

- Yasir Durant T Missouri $150,000 

- Darryl Williams C Mississippi State $107,000

Must had to outbid other teams

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

CB sees something in him since they got him to give up a guaranteed contract

Max guaranteed contract for CFL is 80K. He'll make 9.5x that in one year if he makes the team. If he doesn't make the team, he can go right back to the CFL. It's a no-brainer for him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Must had to outbid other teams

Exactly.  Follow the money to find the most in demand players.

 

That is why I'm trying to find out the Colts payouts.  Who were the most in demand players that we signed?

 

Also in general, did we spend similar amounts to other teams or we were much more conservative with our spending?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Exactly.  Follow the money to find the most in demand players.

 

That is why I'm trying to find out the Colts payouts.  Who were the most in demand players that we signed?

 

Also in general, did we spend similar amounts to other teams or we were much more conservative with our spending?

It appears that Blankenship and O‘Donnell were the most high demand UDFAs 

     It looks the Colts had to battle with other NFL teams for Blankenship and since O’Donnell was rated as the best Canadian College players in the 2020 CFL draft CB had to “outbid” the CFL teams

 

    He was drafted in the 3rd Round which means he has probably made it known that his future is in the NFL

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Exactly.  Follow the money to find the most in demand players.

 

That is why I'm trying to find out the Colts payouts.  Who were the most in demand players that we signed?

 

Also in general, did we spend similar amounts to other teams or we were much more conservative with our spending?

Keep in mind that UDFAs are a different situation all together. Because they didn't get drafted, they control their own destiny, and can easily make more than late round drafted guys. Most agents are prioritizing teams with weak position groups more so than signing bonuses, etc.. A top team with a strong WR position group might have a tough time for instance signing a UDFA WR (and need to pay guarantees and bonuses to attract a guy). Financial situation of player also has impacted UDFA signings. I've seen teams bonus less fortunate guys to help them move and get set up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...