Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 UDFA Class Tracker

MTC

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

He’s from Cathedral H.S. I believe. Welcome home Kendall!

he has been working with Mathis before the lockdown...read off of coltswire or stampede blue if I remember correctly...Mathis said he could be steal, I believe...Ill try and find the article

8 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Anyone know Carter Odonnell’s Measurements? Long arms? Speed? Etc. I’m wondering if he is the reason the Colts decided not to take an OT during the Draft. 

Listed at 6’6 315 and played at the East-West Shrine game. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just hope Eason gets a fair shot and Reich doesn’t feel some kind of loyalty to Kelly.  If we do have preseason games he will be playing with some mediocre WR and probably no time with the ones in practice.

Oh I’m pretty sure that Eason will get a fair evaluation. If anything, Reich has shown that. 

Just finished rewatching the Shrines game. 

Coleman: had a hell of a game. Not a freak athlete, but you can see he has the self awareness to play to his strength. Smart player. Displayed more than a few pass rush moves to beat the tackle. Good pursuit and edge setting too. I was very impressed.

Glasgow: Low ceiling, but as advertised. Tweener sub linebacker. High IQ with reads, solid tackler and instincts.

O'donnell: Was ok, good strength. Don't like his footwork. Tends to stand up getting out of his legs a little to early for my liking. Difficultly with speed moves. Shuffle isn't great.

Chris Williams: Wasn't all that impressed with him. Struggled with double teams, no pressures. Was playing as a 1T.

Most people seem to be most excited about Blankenship from the UDFAs. I don't want to pour cold water on that excitement but it's very possible Blankenship is not better than Chase. He got somewhat of a cult following during Georgia's playoff runs and he seems like a very likeable character overall, but he actually has missed multiple very important kicks which worries me(game winners, crunch time kicks, etc). His last year wasn't his best either. That's not to say he doesn't have talent - he obviously does as he's the current holder of the Lou Groza award for best place kicker in the nation. It will probably be a real competition for the starting spot this year. He has a chance to win it, but IMO he's not close to a no brainer winner of that competition. 

I'd love to see what % of the money designated for UDFAs he got. I saw the Canadian OT got a huge bonus, I wonder if Blankenship did get similar one. Usually the Colts telegraph their intentions and just how much they like a player by the bonus they give them as UDFA. For example, Rigoberto, who nobody had heard before got the most money in his UDFA class  and then he beat Jeff Locke, who was a vet we got the same year to compete in camp. Last year, similarly, Hale Hentges got the most money from the UDFA class and made the roster initially. It's going to be an interesting battle to follow for sure.

WIth that said, the huge bonus for Carter O'Donnell, OT, IMO indicates that the Colts have serious plans for him. IMO even if he doesn't win a spot on the roster, it's very possible we stash him on the practice squad. I will try finding some more info on him, because obviously the Colts consider him a priority in this UDFA class.

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

I dont have a clue how Hunter Bryant and Thaddeus Moss went undrafted.

Yeah, I think it's a combination of average athleticism and size. They're both 6'2. That's two inches smaller than our new receivers. Trey Burton is 6'2, but he has great athleticism. That said, I'm still pretty surprised too, tbh. I didn't think they'd last past the late 5th, early 6th.

Wish we would have signed Jacob Breeland. He was on his way to being an AA this year before he got hurt. Injuries were an issue throughout his career at Oregon but he's a good receiving TE when healthy. Ravens got him. 

12 hours ago, CelticColt said:

Zierlein actually likes this kid's size/potential FWIW

I was reading his scouting report on Klein earlier and got the same feeling. He seems like a kid that has a lot of of the athletic and physical traits that really just needs a ton of technical refinement. He's definitely the type of guy that you stash on the PS and develop. 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

Most people seem to be most excited about Blankenship from the UDFAs. I don't want to pour cold water on that excitement but it's very possible Blankenship is not better than Chase. He got somewhat of a cult following during Georgia's playoff runs and he seems like a very likeable character overall, but he actually has missed multiple very important kicks which worries me(game winners, crunch time kicks, etc). His last year wasn't his best either. That's not to say he doesn't have talent - he obviously does as he's the current holder of the Lou Groza award for best place kicker in the nation. It will probably be a real competition for the starting spot this year. He has a chance to win it, but IMO he's not close to a no brainer winner of that competition. 

I'd love to see what % of the money designated for UDFAs he got. I saw the Canadian OT got a huge bonus, I wonder if Blankenship did get similar one. Usually the Colts telegraph their intentions and just how much they like a player by the bonus they give them as UDFA. For example, Rigoberto, who nobody had heard before got the most money in his UDFA class  and then he beat Jeff Locke, who was a vet we got the same year to compete in camp. Last year, similarly, Hale Hentges got the most money from the UDFA class and made the roster initially. It's going to be an interesting battle to follow for sure.

WIth that said, the huge bonus for Carter O'Donnell, OT, IMO indicates that the Colts have serious plans for him. IMO even if he doesn't win a spot on the roster, it's very possible we stash him on the practice squad. I will try finding some more info on him, because obviously the Colts consider him a priority in this UDFA class.

Blakenship did get a $20,000 bonus, but I do agree with you.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth after he missed that kick against South Carolina in overtime. People were shocked he wasn't the first kicker off the board because of his name. I think Tyler Bass has a stronger leg and is more consistent and clutch.

Willing to let the battle play out though.

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Blakenship did get a $20,000 bonus, but I do agree with you.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth after he missed that kick against South Carolina in overtime. People were shocked he wasn't the first kicker off the board because of his name. I think Tyler Bass has a stronger leg and is more consistent and clutch.

Willing to let the battle play out though.

Thanks for the info. That number is indeed substantial. There is for sure a chance he wins the spot.

On 4/25/2020 at 8:48 PM, CelticColt said:

Zierlein actually likes this kid's size/potential FWIW

Yea, sounds like the Colts were showing interest in him moreso than other teams.  He mentions in this article he had met with the Colts and talked to them (along with a few more teams).  Sounded like right before COVID restrictions he had to cancel a workout with Minnesota but got one in for Indy.  https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/04/04/nfl-draft-prospects-2020-kameron-cline-south-dakota-interview/

On 4/25/2020 at 8:51 PM, EastStreet said:

Yup, could be. I'm going to guess, PS squad for a year to develop. 

Wonder what his 40 time is.

NFL Draft Scout has him listed a 4.52 with a low of 4.42 -- http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1018320&DraftYear=2020

On 4/26/2020 at 2:34 PM, Dogg63 said:

Not sure about Farrod as a receiving threat (a nice catch in that video, but another catchable ball that he missed), but he's a pretty good blocker (seems to be what he was asked to do in MS State's O), has good size (6'4" 240) and also played a bit on STs.  

On 4/25/2020 at 11:27 PM, NorthernColt said:

Just finished rewatching the Shrines game. 

Coleman: had a hell of a game. Not a freak athlete, but you can see he has the self awareness to play to his strength. Smart player. Displayed more than a few pass rush moves to beat the tackle. Good pursuit and edge setting too. I was very impressed.

Glasgow: Low ceiling, but as advertised. Tweener sub linebacker. High IQ with reads, solid tackler and instincts.

O'donnell: Was ok, good strength. Don't like his footwork. Tends to stand up getting out of his legs a little to early for my liking. Difficultly with speed moves. Shuffle isn't great.

Chris Williams: Wasn't all that impressed with him. Struggled with double teams, no pressures. Was playing as a 1T.

Ballard seems to think Glasgow could be a real valuable ST piece.  

"We think Jordan Glasgow has got top special teams ability in this league," Ballard said. "He'll play linebacker for us, but he's got a chance to be a really special core special teams player and those are hard to find."

https://www.colts.com/news/jordan-glasgow-nfl-draft-linebacker-special-teams-michigan-graham-ryan-glasgow

On 4/26/2020 at 4:05 AM, stitches said:

Yea, his kicks in big moments sort of worry me.  He seems to have a big leg, but I think the fact that he looks like a nerd and wears those big, goofy glasses (and was a foreignor) really helped him become a fan favorite at UGA.  That, plus the media gave him the nickname Hot Rod.  

We need good kicking competition in camp, but I'm not totally sold that this kid is going to be the real deal.

15 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

NFL Draft Scout has him listed a 4.52 with a low of 4.42 -- http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1018320&DraftYear=2020

Thanks CBE. I really don't use those guys as they're just projections for the most part. I'm digging now, and hope to find a pro day or something. Hoping he's faster given his background.

Archived