Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eating Crow Thread

WifiGuy

Let me be the first to enter this as a poster that NEVER thought we would take a QB in this draft. 

I have made fun of and bashed anyone who said otherwise (@Chloe6124 sorry neighbor ).  But you gotta admit it was kinda funny at times. 

Anyway. I am hear to take my lumps. 

To all here 

I WAS WRONG!!!!

Bash away. I deserve it and there will be absolutely no rebuttal.

And I just want to add.   Chris Ballard is a damn good poker player

Have at it   Don't pull punches.    

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, I said the Colts were more likely to move up than to move down. They didn't move up.

Then Day 2 came, and I said I fully expected them to move down from #34. They stayed there and drafted Pittman.

I'll take mine well done, extra BBQ sauce. Thanks.

I didn’t expect them to take a QB either.  Still not crazy about the one they took but I understand it and want him to work out because he’s now a Colt.  

overall I am happy with this draft class on paper.  Now let’s see how it pans out on the field.  

Said the Colts would be taking Luton, was wrong, but I did like Eason from the beginning. 

I also said the Colts would take an OT high, and a CB early. Wrong on those too. 

Here is a nice fact on Luton, though....

Jake Luton on throws beyond 20+ yards

836 yards
13 TDs
0 INTs

EWef2XNXkAABmwp?format=jpg&name=small

I didn't want the Colts to take a quarterback with the 13th pick or move back up in the first round.

I think Ballard made the best choice with a guy who may or may not be our future quarterback. If he doesn't work out, we may have to try again next year or the next, but at least we didn't waste a top pick when we needed a defensive tackle and receiver much more.

I must admit that most of you will believe that I too was completely wrong as I stated many times the Colts would not draft a QB, however I was not wrong as I have just heard from credible sources that Ballard lost a bet. 

Its all clear now. :thmup:

25 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Let me be the first to enter this as a poster that NEVER thought we would take a QB in this draft. 

I have made fun of and bashed anyone who said otherwise ( @Chloe6124 sorry neighbor ).  But you gotta admit it was kinda funny at times. 

Anyway. I am hear to take my lumps. 

To all here 

I WAS WRONG!!!!

Bash away. I deserve it and there will be absolutely no rebuttal.

And I just want to add.   Chris Ballard is a damn good poker player

Have at it   Don't pull punches.    

I think a dunce cap would be appropriate.

I was sure Eason's physical talent would get him drafted no later than second and even possibly end of round one.

Thrilled to get him in fourth. Is he the future? No one knows. But you can't win if you don't play!

20 minutes ago, Superfly said:

I’m somewhat surprised, the Colts drafted a QB and two WR. 

I doubt Patmon makes the 53, but you never know. 

Even if we keep Fountain , it's possible we keep 6. I think he's a cinch to earn a roster spot.

2 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Send me one.   Ill wear it

In fact I think @Chloe6124 should get to pick my signature for the offseason

You should buy @Chloe6124 a steak dinner from St Elmo, she would like that more. She got me once when I told her Andrew Luck would be fine not to worry and she was worried about it, Andrew retired so she got me there haha. Andrew fooled most of us though so I don't feel too bad about that prediction I made :thmup:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should buy @Chloe6124 a steak dinner from St Elmo, she would like that more. She got me once when I told her Andrew Luck would be fine not to worry and she was worried about it, Andrew retired so she got me there haha. Andrew fooled most of us though so I don't feel too bad about that prediction I made :thmup:

No St Elmos in Ft Wayne   we do have top notch taco bell though

I’m pleased with how it played out.  Pittman will be an integral part of this Rivers directed offense and to pick up another QUALITY. BIG WR in the 6th is a plus.  Taylor has the ability to be a top 5 back in this league and season could not have a better mentor for 1-2 years than Rivers.  If he listens, works and learns, he COULD be a homer run.  

Ballard did Ballard again and I like it. 

2 minutes ago, joecolts said:

I’m pleased with how it played out.  Pittman will be an integral part of this Rivers directed offense and to pick up another QUALITY. BIG WR in the 6th is a plus.  Taylor has the ability to be a top 5 back in this league and season could not have a better mentor for 1-2 years than Rivers.  If he listens, works and learns, he COULD be a homer run.  

Ballard did Ballard again and I like it. 

I think Rivers is going to be good with our Line and the weapons we have now. I just hope our defense improves stopping the pass.

I posted this the day before day 2:

Why the hell would we draft a RB? This makes no sense. 

Then I posted this in my predictions for day 2:

if I had to guess... we keep 34(best WR on our board) and make a small trade back from 44 to the late 40s-early 50s and we pick either a CB or an EDGE...

So yeah... this was a spectacular crow eating worthy prediction from me - first we didn't trade back - we traded up, second we did trade up for a RB, and third we didn't take CB or and EDGE until the very end of R6(Isaiah Rodgers).

This draft went exactly as I predicted. In fact, all my picks were taken...just not by the colts nor in the order I expected lol. 

I never expected a RB, let alone in the 2nd but that value. Wow

i never expected a QB although, in the 4th, I think it was very good value. 

I absolutely did not see GB as the team taking Love, or any QB in the first 4-5 rounds. Astonishing 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

And 48 active (dressed) instead of 46.

What is the advantage in allowing 2 more guys play and having 2 guys coming from the PS? I wished they would just allow all them to dress and play. All 53 or 55. 

I was correct on Pittman (said we'd take him or Claypool), Pinter (my last mock), and taking a 2nd WR late. I was way wrong on a RB that early, and not taking a TE or OT at all when several good ones were available mid rounds. Oh well. Wonder how Kiper did lol. 

Archived