Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Dezmon Patmon WR Washington St

CR91

Overview

Big pass-catcher with intriguing size but lacking the assertiveness to impose his will. Patmon suffers from an overall lack of suddenness to uncover on both the first and second levels and issues with focus drops is an additional concern since he'll see plenty of contested catches. He has decent buildup speed, body control and ball skills to compete for 50/50 balls, but he doesn't always play with "my-ball" attitude. He's big but limited and must play with better confidence and toughness to carve out a roster spot.

Saw 10 Wash state games as a huge Anthony Gordon fan, this kid is smooth almost glides down the field.  Gordon spread the ball around so his stats may not be as good as they would have been elsewhere (Arconado and Winston are also talented wr for them). I had a feeling we would draft 2 wrs who make roster one early and one late and this is what happened. Better than the end of our current wr group (M Johnson, Fountain,Dulin)...he will stick

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Reminds me a bit of Demaryius Thomas, nice red zone finisher and chain mover, it looks like, has good size and good feet, the more highlights I watch of him. Just initial impressions.

Will try to watch more.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dezmon-patmon?id=32195041-5416-2967-3c9d-d58aabb33560

Despite his size, he doesn’t play with the “my ball” mentality, does sound a lot like DT based on this profile. Health is most important than anything else.

Interesting. his physical numbers are really impressive.

but I must say, i watched a LOT of Anthony Gordon highlights and against certain teams.

and I don't remember this kid.

doesn't mean squat, but with a qb that threw like 6000 TD passes, I don't remember seeing him ..

gonna go back now 

Didnt realize he ran a 4.48 at the combine.   He doesn't look that fast on the tape.

Put Pittman and Patmon on the field at the same time and you got faster

versions of when Cam Newton had Benjamin and Funchesss.

I really liked before last year's draft when Ballard said something like "You know you're building a good team when you cut from 75 to 53 and 10 or more of the guys you cut go on and make another roster."

Right now, I'd say this is the best WR group we've had since Marvin retired.  With TY and Pittman, I think we'll have a good 1-2 punch.  If Campbell stays healthy, we've got another speed demon.  I think Pascal will most definitely make this team.  Then we've got Patmon, M. Johnson, Fountain, Dulin for the last 1-2 spots at WR.  I'd think if we cut 2 of those guys, they'll wind up on another teams roster by opening day.

6 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

I really liked before last year's draft when Ballard said something like "You know you're building a good team when you cut from 75 to 53 and 10 or more of the guys you cut go on and make another roster."

Right now, I'd say this is the best WR group we've had since Marvin retired.  With TY and Pittman, I think we'll have a good 1-2 punch.  If Campbell stays healthy, we've got another speed demon.  I think Pascal will most definitely make this team.  Then we've got Patmon, M. Johnson, Fountain, Dulin for the last 1-2 spots at WR.  I'd think if we cut 2 of those guys, they'll wind up on another teams roster by opening day.

Pascal makes the team because of his blocking. He’s willing, able,  and unafraid.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, Semicolt said:

Camp is going to be very competitive at WR especially if Paris and Fountain are-healthy!!

Don’t sleep on Ashton Dulin either. He had some really nice traits, just needed nfl coaching and strength and conditioning along with more experience. Cuts will be tough again this year, hope we cut correctly. 

Archived