Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade Wilson to the Jets and draft Isaiah Rodgers CB Mass

CR91

8 minutes ago, rayski said:

He will have to fight to get snaps on the defense as of now but damn he looks great as a special teamer. 

Great video on him.
  Special teams and could matchup against some of the smaller guys that also have great speed.
 A great way to end the draft.

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

Reports he clocked a 4.28 40 at his Pro Day. 

He looks extremely fast. Some players clock super fast but don't look it. He looks it all the way through. You can see it everywhere in his tape - ST tape, returner tape, CB tape... it's very visible just how fast he is.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

He looks extremely fast. Some players clock super fast but don't look it. He looks it all the way through. You can see it everywhere in his tape - ST tape, returner tape, CB tape... it's very visible just how fast he is.

Yeah he is super explosive. Little light though. But at almost 5'11 he could add more mass.

Another long armed DB lol

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Yeah he is super explosive. Little light though. But at almost 5'11 he could add more mass.

Another long armed DB lol

Look at that arm length. If I knew he was this long I would have been including him in my summaries of players we might be interested in. Damn. We might have gotten a steal here... I think I will get him on top of my list for tape to watch from our new players. 

38 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Traded to make room for his replacement.  It’s pretty clear Wilson had fallen out of favor here so I am happy to start over with another kid.

He basically fell out of favor starting about the third week with Pagano.

Never really liked the Wilson pick...Florida DBs are so much more miss than hit. But glad they got back some upside for him.

Ballard building that PS for this season with the 2 extra spots. Going to need it too with 3 QBs on the active roster each week.

This dude sort of reminds me of Tell.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He basically fell out of favor starting about the third week with Pagano.

Two different coaching staffs is a telling sign. The NFL is tough...and some guys can’t make the jump (whether it’s talent, effort, listening, whatever). 

I see that he is light at 170 lbs but was happy to see he ran the 40 in 4.28.  Has ball skills, is an interceptor.  Can be a Dime or Nickel back but perhaps the Colts leadership really wanted him for his kickoff and punt return skills. 

Archived