Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Danny Pinter OG Ball ST


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Superman said:

He's a smooth mover and I like his hands.

Just wanted to quote this part of what you wrote.

 

Okay, let’s move along.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If nobody drafted him....yes

Ran a 4.91 40......holy smokes. Guess he can pull and reach the second level - something Glo struggled with last year.....

Might motivate Quenton to improve on his pass-catching and rushing skills.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Braden Smith was also one of the strongest in that draft class. He's also a couple inches taller than Pinter.

 

Either way, I doubt the Colts intend to pigeon hole him at guard if he shows himself capable of playing tackle. He'll probably be allowed to compete at every position.

 

I like what little I've seen of Pinter. He's a smooth mover and I like his hands.

ABC seemed to think he could be a center too.  The Colts don’t really have a backup center so it wouldn’t shock me if they kick him inside too.  More likely you are right he’s going to be the Haeg that can’t play most if not all positions on the line.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

ABC seemed to think he could be a center too.  The Colts don’t really have a backup center so it wouldn’t shock me if they kick him inside too.  More likely you are right he’s going to be the Haeg that can’t play most if not all positions on the line.

 

That's probably dependent on his mental grasp, and whether he can handle snapping the ball. But that makes sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Braden Smith was also one of the strongest in that draft class. He's also a couple inches taller than Pinter.

 

Either way, I doubt the Colts intend to pigeon hole him at guard if he shows himself capable of playing tackle. He'll probably be allowed to compete at every position.

 

I like what little I've seen of Pinter. He's a smooth mover and I like his hands.

Yeah didn’t want to make it sound like he should be a starting tackle...just that he can be a Swiss Army knife for us and play any position if he works at the technique given his size and quickness.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Pinter has an unbelievable RAS (Relative Athletic Score) of 9.61 out of 10!

Elite speed grade and great explosion grade, but he has shorter than desirable arm length at 31.875 inches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Danny Pinter has an unbelievable RAS (Relative Athletic Score) of 9.61 out of 10!

Elite speed grade and great explosion grade, but he has shorter than desirable arm length at 31.875 inches. 

 

   He is a longshot at being a quality starter someday. Gonna have to add some serious power to his core and that arm length is a big problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

   He is a longshot at being a quality starter someday. Gonna have to add some serious power to his core and that arm length is a big problem. 

image.thumb.png.75760657e2ef79eb385f863704a53bd2.png

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

ABC says he will play guard or center in the NFL because of his short arms.  They did say he could play some emergency tackle.  They also said he could be developed into a starter and has some nasty to him.  He’s very athletic.  
 

The more I learn about this kid the more I like him.

didnt they say the same about braden smith our starting tackle who was drafted as a guard?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DougDew said:

31.5 inch arms is going to limit what he can do at T, and against NFL competition in general.

 

 Its okay, its round 5. 

It’s fixable 

 

873cfb12dbc5edb29a2b28893780271c.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. T said:

Danny Pinter has an unbelievable RAS (Relative Athletic Score) of 9.61 out of 10!

Elite speed grade and great explosion grade, but he has shorter than desirable arm length at 31.875 inches. 

Good thing Staff has him as an interior guy rather than on the outside???  LOL, arm length

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sounds like a good depth guy who can play every position but center.  He also played some tight end at ball state.  Could be a trick play guy too.  Add him to Paterson who missed last year with the injury and the Colts should have a little depth on the line that’s good.  Could probably use another tackle though.

 

 

I'd keep him on the oline. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DougDew said:

31.5 inch arms is going to limit what he can do at T, and against NFL competition in general.

 

 Its okay, its round 5. 

 

 

Did you listen to the Ballard presser today ? Sounded like this may have been his favorite pick. He said they tried for an hour to trade up for him. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Superman said:

 

That's probably dependent on his mental grasp, and whether he can handle snapping the ball. But that makes sense. 

 

Just listened to all the pressers on Colts.com. They love this guy and they did mention watching him making snaps and feel he's a guard -center. Said he could probably play some tackle in a pinch. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else notice....?

 

The kid’s arms were measured at 31.875.  That’s 7/8ths.

 

Then, as the thread continued, suddenly they were magically shortened to 31.5.    Thats 3/8ths shorter.   Hmm?

 

Who knows....  in a year or two they will get shorter and shorter.  Then ESPN will want to do a feature on the O-lineman who was born without arms!       :funny:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard and the scouts ( Colts.com) light up talking about this guy. They love him. Going to be the center/guard backup initially.  Versatile, captain, hardest worker. He’s one of my favorite picks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 1:19 PM, Mr.Debonair said:

Would this guy not have been available later?

 

Ballard said they tried to move UP to get him, but couldn't.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 1:43 PM, GoColts8818 said:

ABC says he will play guard or center in the NFL because of his short arms.  They did say he could play some emergency tackle.  They also said he could be developed into a starter and has some nasty to him.  He’s very athletic.  
 

The more I learn about this kid the more I like him.

 

Unless his hands are attached directly to his shoulders, his arms are long enough for him to be (by default) the 6th best OL man the Colts have.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, egg said:

 

Ballard said they tried to move UP to get him, but couldn't.

I was looking to see if anyone else had mentioned this. He said they tried for 30 minutes to move up and get him because they wanted him that badly. Luckily for us he was still there (as unsurprising as that may seem), but it shows a lot obviously about what the team things of him as has me excited. It's also worth noting he specifically pegged him as a OG/C type but did say that briefly before acknowledging he can play tackle.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, egg said:

 

Unless his hands are attached directly to his shoulders, his arms are long enough for him to be (by default) the 6th best OL man the Colts have.

I think even in his most private moments, Ballard would dispute your view of the backup OL on the roster.   You may be right a year or two from now,  I just don’t think you’re right today.  
 

Just my two cents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think even in his most private moments, Ballard would dispute your view of the backup OL on the roster.   You may be right a year or two from now,  I just don’t think you’re right today.  
 

Just my two cents. 

 

What non-starting  OL men now on the Colts' roster do you think are good players?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, egg said:

 

What non-starting  OL men now on the Colts' roster do you think are good players?

 

 

I think the OL that end up as our backup OL will be decent BACKUP linemen.   And that’s what most teams have.  Quality backup lineman.  Don’t think any are ready to start.   Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, GoColts8818 said:

He’s everything you want in a backup lineman which is what the Colts need.  Could be developed for the future as well as some of the starters contracts come up.

If he improves everything he needs to improve he could be a starter somewhere in the next year to 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

 

Did you listen to the Ballard presser today ? Sounded like this may have been his favorite pick. He said they tried for an hour to trade up for him. 

 

After that interview I was very curious who this player was Ballard got gitty just talking about him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, B~Town said:

After that interview I was very curious who this player was Ballard got gitty just talking about him.

Didn't watch it. Did Ballard look like 

 

hans-landa-gif-13.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the OL that end up as our backup OL will be decent BACKUP linemen.   And that’s what most teams have.  Quality backup lineman.  Don’t think any are ready to start.   Let’s hope it doesn’t get to that. 

 

If you look at the current roster, it doesn't look good as far as proven players go.

 

There are 5 guys that are 1st year practice squad types who have never been on a 53 man roster.

 

Then there are 2 "veterans" ; Donnel (T) drafted by the Rams in 2015 then cut in 2017. He was signed by the Ravens, then cut in 2017. Signed and cut by the Lions in 2018. Signed and cut by the Dolphins in 2019.

 

Chaz Green (G); drafted by the Cowboys in 2015 and cut in 2017. Signed and cut by the Saints in 2018. Signed and cut by the Raiders in 2018. Out of the NFL in 2019.

 

Yes there is L. Clark. who has plenty of NFL game experience with the Colts. In my opinion he is not a good back-up. 

 

I'm hoping when teams trim there rosters the Colts will be able to sign one or two vets who are on the downside of their careers, but still serviceable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, egg said:

 

If you look at the current roster, it doesn't look good as far as proven players go.

 

There are 5 guys that are 1st year practice squad types who have never been on a 53 man roster.

 

Then there are 2 "veterans" ; Donnel (T) drafted by the Rams in 2015 then cut in 2017. He was signed by the Ravens, then cut in 2017. Signed and cut by the Lions in 2018. Signed and cut by the Dolphins in 2019.

 

Chaz Green (G); drafted by the Cowboys in 2015 and cut in 2017. Signed and cut by the Saints in 2018. Signed and cut by the Raiders in 2018. Out of the NFL in 2019.

 

Yes there is L. Clark. who has plenty of NFL game experience with the Colts. In my opinion he is not a good back-up. 

 

I'm hoping when teams trim there rosters the Colts will be able to sign one or two vets who are on the downside of their careers, but still serviceable.


I agree. We definitely need to bring in a solid backup Lineman. Whether it’s a T or G. Hopefully they’ll be one available like you said. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:


I agree. We definitely need to bring in a solid backup Lineman. Whether it’s a T or G. Hopefully they’ll be one available like you said. 

In Pinter's Colts.com chat, he mentioned in his report he was listed as a 3rd to 5th round prospect (and this is the official report that all draft eligible players receive, not some website grade for him).  Coming from a school like Ball state, that means he has a 2nd round skill set, but he loses a round because of level of competition and perhaps another round because of technique, someone like that, with the lesser competition can get away without proper technique because of their physical traits.

 

I know nothing about Pinter other than what I've read and heard since he was drafted, so I have no idea how good or bad he is.  Just talking about how the NFL draft views players like that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...