Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nfl Sunday Ticket Without Directv

18Manning

I live in northern Indiana and while it wasn't a blackout, the local South Bend stations chose teams other than the Colts so I'm looking into another way to see the games.

I just looked at the direct TV page and they have PM in his Colts jersey at the top of the page......time for an update.

I live in northern Indiana and while it wasn't a blackout, the local South Bend stations chose teams other than the Colts so I'm looking into another way to see the games.

I just looked at the direct TV page and they have PM in his Colts jersey at the top of the page......time for an update.

Saw that too. Wonder how his contract works with Directv? I'm sure they'll want to still use Peyton just change his jersey.

I was wondering this too. Especially if the dreaded blackout comes back to Indy.

Speaking of which, does anyone know when the last blackout was here in Indy?

Just FYI...If you live in the Indianapolis TV market and the game is blacked out there, it will be blacked out for you on Sunday Ticket too.

Just FYI...If you live in the Indianapolis TV market and the game is blacked out there, it will be blacked out for you on Sunday Ticket too.

Yep, that's right. I forgot about that. I like my cable anyway. I can watch him on NFL Redzone I suppose. Many of their game are going to be televised anywho.

Yep, that's right. I forgot about that. I like my cable anyway. I can watch him on NFL Redzone I suppose. Many of their game are going to be televised anywho.

What is the extra monthly Redzone Cost? What cable? Thanks for the info.

What is the extra monthly Redzone Cost? What cable? Thanks for the info.

Comcast approx $8.00 monthly. It is included in a package with NFL Network, NBA channels and some other's that I have no idea. It's worth it to me because I have NFLN on all the time (my daughter thinks I have a problem). NFL Redzone is awesome though. Best thing to happen to football fans, EVER! Love it.

What's the equivalent to DVRing? If I want to record a game and store it, can I do that on the PS3?

Exactly right to the previous post...you can't record and store it on your PS3 like you can a DirecTV unit. However, I suppose if you had a TiVO unit of some sort you could output it from the PS3 into the recording box?

You can pause and rewind and such during the broadcast...even pausing it for hours and then watch it...so it streams it as you want but just doesn't save it to your machine.

And there's no on demand queue or anything like that either? I'd almost rather do the NFL game pass or whatever it is online, because then you can watch any games at your leisure, but not until after the game airs. I always go back and watch the games a couple times at least, except last season. It was too depressing. That's why I didn't do grades like I planned. I've always had DirecTV, but I don't know if I want to keep paying them. I have a media streaming box and a Netflix and Hulu subscription, so I don't really watch too much cable anymore. DirecTV might be going away.

And there's no on demand queue or anything like that either? I'd almost rather do the NFL game pass or whatever it is online, because then you can watch any games at your leisure, but not until after the game airs. I always go back and watch the games a couple times at least, except last season. It was too depressing. That's why I didn't do grades like I planned. I've always had DirecTV, but I don't know if I want to keep paying them. I have a media streaming box and a Netflix and Hulu subscription, so I don't really watch too much cable anymore. DirecTV might be going away.

Do you need a DTV sub to get the NFL on the PS3, like you do for the computer?

Comcast approx $8.00 monthly. It is included in a package with NFL Network, NBA channels and some other's that I have no idea. It's worth it to me because I have NFLN on all the time (my daughter thinks I have a problem). NFL Redzone is awesome though. Best thing to happen to football fans, EVER! Love it.

Thanks for the info and I may have it and don't know it. I can get the NFL on my TV but haven't tried anything else I will check it out. I already have the triple play so what's a little extra. haha

Thanks for the info and I may have it and don't know it. I can get the NFL on my TV but haven't tried anything else I will check it out. I already have the triple play so what's a little extra. haha

It shows as channel 1706 on my HD listing. Can't find it on it's non-HD format. Not sure why.

It shows as channel 1706 on my HD listing. Can't find it on it's non-HD format. Not sure why.

Sorry I hit like instead of quote. haha I tried 1706 and it says not authorized so I guess I don't have it. Will have it when needed for sure.

Thanks again for the info.

I don't envision the Colts not selling out as long as Luck is healthy and playing. Many might want NFL ticket to follow Broncos though

I had not considered the possibility of our games being blacked out. Hopefully we won't have to worry abot that. I would like to follow Peyton is why I was asking.

+ 1 on NFL Redzone. It's a cheap alternative to Sunday Ticket, you watch all of the 1 P.M. games, and NO COMMERCIALS. Live stats, too.

The first time that I watched it and all the early games were in the late stages and there were 4 games on my screen simultaneously showing me 4 exciting finishes, live, I was hooked. This happens often. After a few years of ignoring this channel, I thought to myself "this is what I've been missing".

It's not just after the game's ended that you can watch. ALL games, including sunday night's game must end (Blackout rules). Then they must "Buffer" all the games for viewing which takes another 12 hrs. After you get home from work Monday evening, you might be able to watch, but the site is packed so you may experience lag time. Cant watch Monday night during the live game (Blackout rules) So when you wake up Tuesday morning you should be able to get quality video.

Will NFL Sunday Ticket be available on Comcast cable or does DIRECTV still have exclusive rights?

And what about XBOX?

Dtv has all rights to NFL sunday ticket amoung all satellite and cable providers. I know you can view NFL ST on the PS3 without a DTV sub at around $350. This is about the same as Dtv's RETAIL rate. Don't know about the Xbox 360 though.

I checked on mine last season and if I remember right it was around $300. Direct TV is $150 I believe.

No, Sunday ticket on Dtv is about $300 too.

I've had it since Peyton came in the league.

I like it because I've recorded EVERY one of peyton's games to DVD.

Now that he's in Denver, I'll be recording Colt AND Bronco games.

I'm in Pa, so blackouts never apply to me.

I was wondering this too. Especially if the dreaded blackout comes back to Indy.

Speaking of which, does anyone know when the last blackout was here in Indy?

Jags game I think in 2003. It was the game that Fred Taylor fumbled late and mike doss said "lose something?" when he recovered it and Taylor used that to motivate himself vs the colts the rest of his career.