Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

53 Man Roster Construction

Scott Pennock

This year will be tough with the addition of a FB (Nix) and a developmental QB (Eason). 

Those are two spots this team has rarely carried over the years so Pascal and Hines NEED to hold down the kick and punt return positions, respectfully.

Plus they may play a man short on the depth chart somewhere.....oline? Dline? Linebackers? Defensive backs? Wide receivers?

IMO I do not see JB on our roster this season.  Especially now that we have drafted Eason.  Having to lose his job to Rivers was already a big pill for him to swallow and accept.  Now the addition of Eason only makes his situation worse.  Somebody has to go and I think it has to be JB.  Either we will find a trade partner or we will cut him and incur the dead cap hit while saving 9M on the cap.  Kelly won the backup job in Denver before his mis step.  He could easily be the backup here with Eason as the developmental guy.  I think Ballard will try to find JB a new home and if not I think he will cut him and let him find his own.  Hopefully we can find some way to get something in return.  

Archived