Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baffling 3rd Round Pick


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Agreed. I read somewhere, I’ll have to find the article, that all teams might play in the same area and be quarantined from everyone else for the season. How that would be enforced, I have no idea...

 

But in the current climate, I think they would shut things down as soon as a few players, personnel test positive.  That will be inevitable.  

 

I think the thinking on this virus is going to change, but I think the season is in jeopardy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you trying to play victim before the thread even gets started?     Baffling thread...     What?  Did you watch the SB?  Besides a few splash plays like that bomb from Mah

I just want to throw that out there.  I hope this a safe space to express non-conventional, against the grain opinions.   It seems with that and adding an RB that we are not all that serious

I actually think that going bpa with Taylor means we are as serious about this season as we can. Look at the AFC South, apart from Titans, Jags and Texans are shambles. Taylor behind our offensive lin

Posted Images

On 4/26/2020 at 4:09 PM, Nickster said:

 

Dude I'm a child of the 70s and 80s. I love RBs.  Walter Payton's number and other stuff is my password key.  

It's just that right now RBs are not very important in the NFL.  This ain't my preference.  It's just a fact.

 

Again, I want to repeat that its not he RUNNING GAME I think is unimportant, but individual RUNNING BACKS.  I don't think the  we drafted will add much over what we would have had.  Looking forward to 2021, he will be the guy. 

 

I think this is a win later draft from the 2nd round on.  

Sorry, but Taylor is a win NOW draft pick.  In fact,  it’s RIGHT NOW!!

 

But from round 3-on you are 100 percent correct.  No dispute.   Blackmon, Eason, Pinter, Windsor and the other three 6th round picks are likely future assets, and will play a lesser roll in 2020.  
 

Fair post.  We just disagree on Taylor. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, but Taylor is a win NOW draft pick.  In fact,  it’s RIGHT NOW!!

 

But from round 3-on you are 100 percent correct.  No dispute.   Blackmon, Eason, Pinter, Windsor and the other three 6th round picks are likely future assets, and will play a lesser roll in 2020.  
 

Fair post.  We just disagree on Taylor. 

That's cool.  Our running game last year was great with essentially zero passing game.  

 

It should be 2nd only to Baltimore this year with an actual passing threat. 

 

Taylor's PT will be largely dependent on his pass pro and Mack's health Any idea how he projects there?  

 

I think Mack is undervalued on the forum.  But I probably wouldn't pay any RB off any rookie contract.  That's the main reason I see Taylor contributing quite a bit less than people here think next year.  Maybe like Henry when Deon Lewis got most of the work.  As in not a whole lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nickster said:

That's cool.  Our running game last year was great with essentially zero passing game.  

 

It should be 2nd only to Baltimore this year with an actual passing threat. 

 

Taylor's PT will be largely dependent on his pass pro and Mack's health Any idea how he projects there?  

 

I think Mack is undervalued on the forum.  But I probably wouldn't pay any RB off any rookie contract.  That's the main reason I see Taylor contributing quite a bit less than people here think next year.  Maybe like Henry when Deon Lewis got most of the work.  As in not a whole lot.

 

Well...   I just watched the last episode of the series "with the next pick."     It's all about the three nights of the draft...

 

Ballard and Reich were talking about using Taylor a lot...  a 1-2 punch.     So, it sounds closer to 50/50 or 60/40...    not sure who would have more.    But it sounds like they're like duo to be roughly the same...   hard to be complimentary if they're both not being used extensively.

 

With regard to Mack and the last year of his contract.   I guess it depends on a lot of factors.   How does this season go for the two backs?    How good is Mack's season?   Does he get hurt again?    Does he want to come back and continue to work in the same backfield as Taylor in 21?    How much money does he want on a new contract?    Can he get more from another team?    Is it a lot more?      Lots of moving parts so it's hard to know the answer a year out.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

This was an interesting thread.  I agree that Taylor is a draft pick mostly for the future.   However he will produce in 2020 as well.   Mack, Taylor and Hines can be a tough stop as long as they don't run Hines up the gut like they did allot last year.  I hope Wilkins is back as well.  Next season leaves us without the need to sign Mack.   

I really like our RB situation now and for the future.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going into the draft, I was like "Man I HOPE we (controversially) go RB early, but I know we won't." Mack is a serviceable starter, but just average. JT will be elite. We got more explosive, and now the strength of our team doesn't become a non factor if the #1 goes down. The season will start with an even split but I'm certain that JT will give the staff no choice but to give him more and more. Mack takes what our line carves out for him, but not much more, JT is going to shake the LB, put the S in the dirt with a stiff arm, and then run 40 yards for a score. Love it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Going into the draft, I was like "Man I HOPE we (controversially) go RB early, but I know we won't." Mack is a serviceable starter, but just average. JT will be elite. We got more explosive, and now the strength of our team doesn't become a non factor if the #1 goes down. The season will start with an even split but I'm certain that JT will give the staff no choice but to give him more and more. Mack takes what our line carves out for him, but not much more, JT is going to shake the LB, put the S in the dirt with a stiff arm, and then run 40 yards for a score. Love it.

I won't classify them like that yet.

Mack - Average

Taylor - Elite

 

I'd say:

Mack - Good

Taylor - Unknown/Potentially good

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, Nickster said:

I just want to throw that out there.  I hope this a safe space to express non-conventional, against the grain opinions.

 

It seems with that and adding an RB that we are not all that serious about this season or are banking on it being cancelled.

 

 

 

Are you banking on passing the 8th grade? Goodness that post has to be biggest nonsense I've ever read here and I've been here for a decade and a half

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has drafted for the present and the future.

I have no issues with any of his drafts.

Has he hit on every pick? No, but his numbers are as good as any other GMs in the league. It is impossible for any GM to hit on every pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Are you banking on passing the 8th grade? Goodness that post has to be biggest nonsense I've ever read here and I've been here for a decade and a half

Clever post.  I bow to your superior intellect.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

I have said for a long time that Mack should be replaced.    Yall  will see  Taylor will rock this offense 


I would be very surprised if he was used more than Mack.  It seems more expedient to use Mack up in this contract year, and again Mack is excellent at pass pro and I still haven’t seen how Taylor projects there.  Wisconsin runs a primitive offense compared to the NFL.

 

I think Mack is the 2nd most underrated Colt by posters here next to AC.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nickster said:


I would be very surprised if he was used more than Mack.  It seems more expedient to use Mack up in this contract year, and again Mack is excellent at pass pro and I still haven’t seen how Taylor projects there.  Wisconsin runs a primitive offense compared to the NFL.

 

I think Mack is the 2nd most underrated Colt by posters here next to AC.  

 

Hmm...Mack or Walker...?

Mack or Walker...?

 

I dunno, Walker may be just as underappreciated in my opinion, but I hear ya'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 11:18 AM, krunk said:

Dont argue with the Nickster. Please dont do it!

Always a losing battle against ANYONE with a “ster”at the end of their name.

Too cool for school.  Haha

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WifiGuy said:

I have said for a long time that Mack should be replaced.    Yall  will see  Taylor will rock this offense 

Kinda harsh, no?

Sure Mack has , at times, had minor-ish injuries hamper him, and the success Jordan Wilkins has had makes one wonder just how good Mack really is, along with the OL success.  But i have to say, when Mack is on, which i think is “usually”, he has exceeded my expectations.  A fourth round pick remember, so keep in mind a very different league than say a Taylor.  But he has definitely helped this offense.  A DEADLY stiffarm, and not afraid to stick it in the hole, even at 210 and a leaner build at 6’.  I just love to watch the guy run.  At times, i’ve sworn i’ve seen a kittle Dickerson.  
Anyway, not fully disagreeing, but i wanted to see either Wilkins getting a few more or adding a “better” back to share carries more like in the Addai/Rhodes days.  I love when teams have a 2nd back come in fresh later in a game and effectively end a game.  Remember Rhodes late in Super Bowl?  It just deflates a defense.

I never thought Ballard would that early, but the stars aligned and how do you not grab Taylor there?  
I am very excited to see what Taylor brings, along with Mack, Hines,and Wilkins this year.

I think Mack gets $ from someone after this year, but i’d love for Chris to somehow keep him on.  
I see unlimited potential with Taylor, Mack, Hines, and Wilkens.  If we lose Mack to FA next year, the other 3 are still solid, and/or Ballard can churn Wilkens and/or Hines.  
I am interested to see Hines this year with Rivers, and how effective he can be with a QB who loves utilizing his type of RB.  He has struggled running the ball, but has been quite effective catching and now returns.  This year could help dictate his future here as well.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 3:29 PM, WoolMagnet said:

Always a losing battle against ANYONE with a “ster”at the end of their name.

Too cool for school.  Haha

Man that’s a good one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Man that’s a good one.

I thought of the SNL skit:

”Nick..... the Nick-man.... Nickarama.    St Nick... the Nickster.... Tricky Nicky... 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I thought of the SNL skit:

”Nick..... the Nick-man.... Nickarama.    St Nick... the Nickster.... Tricky Nicky... 

all of the above

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 3:50 PM, 07dleigh said:

Going into the draft, I was like "Man I HOPE we (controversially) go RB early, but I know we won't." Mack is a serviceable starter, but just average. JT will be elite. We got more explosive, and now the strength of our team doesn't become a non factor if the #1 goes down. The season will start with an even split but I'm certain that JT will give the staff no choice but to give him more and more. Mack takes what our line carves out for him, but not much more, JT is going to shake the LB, put the S in the dirt with a stiff arm, and then run 40 yards for a score. Love it.

I remember Mack taking himself out quite a bit last year. Probably led to Hines seeing a bit too much between the tackles work. Rivers knows how to use him correctly. JT and Mack will be great subbing in and out for each other and I agree with you on their individual running styles. The room as a whole is becoming elite.:strong:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yes.  A good name.

no offense intended. Just messin.’


Only my wife can offend me these days man.  I’m hoping to grow past that some day.  You are a good sport.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 5:37 PM, Nickster said:


Only my wife can offend me these days man.  I’m hoping to grow past that some day.  You are a good sport.

It takes years and years of practice. Eventually you get so thick of skin the insults bounce right off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...