Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Absolutely NOT. Don't need a developmental QB when we already have one. Why can't anybody see that? No need to waste a pick on a QB not as talented as Chad. Come on? What is going on here?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So, if you had to guess. If we don’t take a QB, what does the QB room look like it 2021. 

Rivers

Kelly

or

Rivers

Brissett

thats a tough one.  we know who Jacoby is, hard to say how what will happen with rivers or kelly

hopefully rivers balls out and has 2-3 years left and the backup wont matter.  hes been an iron man so far.  maybe someday there will be an actual competition between jacboy and chad to see who is better.  

I have been highly critical with everyone on here throughout the offseason in any thread regarding the Colts taking a QB this year. The reason has always been that it never made any sense logically, not that I had any insight or not than I'm smarter than anyone else. Every move the Colts have made so far, when you really sit down and think about it, logically HAS made a lot of sense. 

1) NO QB so far. Don't need one, especially when the one's who are left do not have any unique skill set than the current one's we already have.

2) Buckner: Huge need at DT which LOGICALLY makes sense

3) Taylor: I have always stated Mack wasn't as good as most people think around here. He is a fine player but nothing special. Taylor was the best overall back IMO in this years draft. Id he Elliot or Barkley, NO. He is though, Mack's replacement. Mack doesn't warrant the money he is going to want, so Colts LOGICALLY took his replacement.

4) Pittman: Huge "X" receiver need, also big body, full route guy. Again, LOGICALLY sound here.

5) Blackmon: Only one I really don't agree with but only because I'm a fan of Hooker. With that said though if the Colts are going to not pick up his option, then the drafting of Blackmon, LOGICALLY makes total sense, as his skill set is very similar.

The pattern so far is a LOGICAL approach to this draft and every Colts fans should be thrilled with this, regardless of what each was hoping for.

7 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So, if you had to guess. If we don’t take a QB, what does the QB room look like it 2021. 

Rivers

Kelly

or

Rivers

Brissett

All 3 at this point unless they move Brissett as a post June 1st cut.  The one thing I've come to sort of like regarding Rivers potentially mentoring Kelly is the attitude Rivers has always played with. He's an * at times in his competitiveness which might fair well with teaching Kelly not only how to become a better QB in terms of the game, but to utilize that attitude in a competitive positive way to not interfere with being a knucklehead on and off the field. Basically, you can have some rebel in you as long as it is controlled and constructive

Brissett will be the backup.

The QB market could be very competitive next year. Colts, NE, NO and anyone else that doesn’t have a franchise guy that ends up at the top of the first round. Hopefully Ballard is ready to let go of some picks. 

Maybe they like Kelly much more than people think.  I thought he looked pretty damn good.  As I said last preseason, if I knew nothing about Kelly or Brissett, based on what I saw from them in preseason, I would have said start Kelly.  

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Indeee said:

1) NO QB so far. Don't need one, especially when the one's who are left do not have any unique skill set than the current one's we already have.

You may end up being right, but From my perspective they surely have been kicking tires on QBs

When my wife shops.... she usually buys something

39 minutes ago, Indeee said:

5) Blackmon: Only one I really don't agree with but only because I'm a fan of Hooker. With that said though if the Colts are going to not pick up his option, then the drafting of Blackmon, LOGICALLY makes total sense, as his skill set is very similar.

The pattern so far is a LOGICAL approach to this draft and every Colts fans should be thrilled with this, regardless of what each was hoping for.

I really hadn’t watched Blackmon tape until yesterday...

He actually reminds me of Hooker..... the preinjury Hooker

Hooker doesn’t seem to flash like before..... maybe I’m not the only one that noticed....

I hope Hooker gets his speed back.....  but wonder if Blackmon will be starting FS by late next year, or following

but I bet, the Colts DONT pick up the 5th year option on Hooker now

55 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Rivers

Kelly

or

Rivers

Brissett

Is guess neither. I’d say Rivers and a draft pick next year. I don’t feel Kelly or Jacoby is in long term plans personally. 

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

Maybe they like Kelly much more than people think.  I thought he looked pretty damn good.  As I said last preseason, if I knew nothing about Kelly or Brissett, based on what I saw from them in preseason, I would have said start Kelly.  

I wonder this as well.....

To me, if he has potential.  You keep the kid

If he doesn’t.... let him go....

I bet he is gone if we draft a QB

56 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Rivers

Kelly

or

Rivers

Brissett

TBD

The only problem, is no QB is signed for 2021.

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

You may end up being right, but From my perspective they surely have been kicking tires on QBs

When my wife shops.... she usually buys something

I really hadn’t watched Blackmon tape until yesterday...

He actually reminds me of Hooker..... the preinjury Hooker

Hooker doesn’t seem to flash like before..... maybe I’m not the only one that noticed....

I hope Hooker gets his speed back.....  but wonder if Blackmon will be starting FS by late next year, or following

but I bet, the Colts DONT pick up the 5th year option on Hooker now

They are using hooker  wrong. He shouldn't  be in the box

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morgan for sure. That pick has been telegraphed...like Pittman.

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Only as an UDFA would I look for a Day 3 developmental QB. I would be looking at anyone of the Pro-Style QB's:

Jacob Eason

Nate Stanley

Jake Luton

Riley Neal

Eason might be the only one of those that gets drafted.

• Like 1
Just now, shastamasta said:

I wonder if that’s 5th or 4th

We could sure use a Guard or Tackle to develop

My hope is we go best OL

then Gordon in  5

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Eason might be the only one of those that gets drafted.

And he was.......by us.....lol

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

thats a tough one.  we know who Jacoby is, hard to say how what will happen with rivers or kelly

hopefully rivers balls out and has 2-3 years left and the backup wont matter.  hes been an iron man so far.  maybe someday there will be an actual competition between jacboy and chad to see who is better.  

It's criminal not to have a stud behind a line this good.  It's terrific to have a feared running game, especially when starting an older, physically declining QB.  

The move for Jonathan Taylor addresses our needs for both an elite run game (as Ballard/Reich have stated before) and to mitigate Rivers' physical limitations down the stretch.  

• Like 1