Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The beauty of picking Pittman... Funchess+ no drops

AustexColt

TY is still WR1 and Pittman will be WR2. Pittman is actually better than Funchess. He has the best drop rate than any of the other WR in the draft. If you watch River's tape, Mike Williams (who is similarly built to Pittman) was his WR2 in SD. Used alot in the red zone. Pittman is unafraid to come across the middle and he blocks and stretches to get the 1st down on short passes. The kid really uses his size and aside from being competitive, he is aggressive. He fights for the ball on every catch, including using stiff arm for YAC. The Colts just found their WR2. What would be cool is to get Reggie Wayne to help coach him the ropes and how to run his routes.  

Im not sure if he will start immediately as Wr 2. May begin with Pascal out there and then as things progress we increase his snaps out there. Theres a learning curve to this thing. Rock Yasin wasnt an immediate starter. Snaps increased as we went along.

So Pittman is now our true X receiver, correct? If so, would that set up Paris Campbell to potentially replace TY if we either don’t resign him because of further injuries or because he asks for a moon sized contract? Possibly Fountain on the other side? Just wondering what our 2021 outlook of Wr’s will start to look like. 

22 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

So Pittman is now our true X receiver, correct? If so, would that set up Paris Campbell to potentially replace TY if we either don’t resign him because of further injuries or because he asks for a moon sized contract? Possibly Fountain on the other side? Just wondering what our 2021 outlook of Wr’s will start to look like. 

PC is slot for now.  Since we've seen so little of him, its tough to say that he would replace TY, bu that might be the plan.  In terms of injuries, Pascal is probably Pittman's backup, and I assume PC will be TYs.  Maybe we're down one slot receiver.  Not sure that I would count on Fountain or Johnson for much.

Maybe if we can't field a second speedy slot we just move TE Burton out there more.

This is why I thought we needed to get two WRs, or a WR and a receiving TE out of the draft.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

This is why I thought we needed to get two WRs, or a WR and a receiving TE out of the draft.

I think there is a decent chance we get one of the down the field TE options today

Archived