Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts take Julian Blackmon


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Julian who?   I'm not feeling excited about this draft at this point. I like Pittman, but so far the Taylor and Blackmon picks will have me just hanging up my standard 'Ballard knows better

We didnt like the Willis pick last year and it turned out fine. Didnt know who the hell EJ Speed was and he made the team. Give the kid a chance.

Draft Taylor... let’s move Mack! Draft Blackmon... let’s move Hooker!   No, this is called quality depth who can develop and take over in the future.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Needed another safety to replace Geathers.  Could be a future starter.

 

I thought that is what Willis was for.

 

They said he played 2 seasons at CB.  I wonder if they might try him out at CB?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m tired and was ready for bed 10 picks ago. 
 

Glad we picked up some value tomorrow moving down to 85. Know absolutely nothing about this guy, so interested to see what is written up while I sleep. Hopefully another Khari Willis like safety for this team. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valpo2004 said:

 

I thought that is what Willis was for.

 

They said he played 2 seasons at CB.  I wonder if they might try him out at CB?

You need more than two safeties.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ProblChld32 said:


Yea but this kid is a FS , Geathers was more of Box Strong Safety. 

He is not, he best fits as a SS, but has good ball skills to stay on in sub packages. He’s a superb tackler, and needs development in coverage as a safety

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan. He tore his acl late in the year. I’m assuming he won’t play at all this year. We could’ve gotten a guy who could have an immediate impact. We’ll regret passing on Jordan Elliott too IMO

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Julian who?

 

I'm not feeling excited about this draft at this point. I like Pittman, but so far the Taylor and Blackmon picks will have me just hanging up my standard 'Ballard knows better than I do' wall poster (right beneath my old Bo Derek swimsuit poster). 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WarGhost21 said:

He is not, he best fits as a SS, but has good ball skills to stay on in sub packages. He’s a superb tackler, and needs development in coverage as a safety

 

9 picks after his move to FS does not sound like he needs much development in zone coverage.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

He is not, he best fits as a SS, but has good ball skills to stay on in sub packages. He’s a superb tackler, and needs development in coverage as a safety

They said on television he played two years at corner and then moved to free safety.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


Yea but this kid is a FS , Geathers was more of Box Strong Safety. 

Yes if he played SS it would be due to injury but he’s a body that could all be it not ideal.  When I said could be a future starter I was thinking he could be the replacement for Hooker if the Colts don’t keep him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know much about him but I feel screwed by the draft gods twice in a row now. I was wanting Baun at 75 and he goes at 74. Trade down ten spots and I wanted Lewis and he goes right before us. No idea if Ballard was looking at either but my hopes were ruined. 
 

I wonder if Blackmon signals a stronger push to move Hooker. I think we played a good amount of three safety sets so it’s not like he’s just for depth. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ProblChld32 said:

 

9 picks after his move to FS does not sound like he needs much development in zone coverage.

 

Just now, Orioles22 said:

They said on television he played two years at corner and then moved to free safety.


In watching his tape, it looks to me like he’s best suited as a SS. Doesn’t matter where he played before, but where he translates to the league

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Peytonator said:

Don’t know much about him but I feel screwed by the draft gods twice in a row now. I was wanting Baun at 75 and he goes at 74. Trade down ten spots and I wanted Lewis and he goes right before us. No idea if Ballard was looking at either but my hopes were ruined. 
 

I wonder if Blackmon signals a stronger push to move Hooker. I think we played a good amount of three safety sets so it’s not like he’s just for depth. 

He’s coming off a torn ACL late in the season so I doubt this kid plays this year.  However, he could be Hooker’s replacement if the Colts elect to let him walk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

 


In watching his tape, it looks to me like he’s best suited as a SS. Doesn’t matter where he played before, but where he translates to the league


What YOU see on tape and what the scouts and coaches see are two completely different things. It doesn’t remotely make sense that he would play SS. For one Willis has already solidified himself as the starting SS moving forward. Secondly we all know that this is Hookers final contract year and we don’t know that the organization will pick up his 5th year option so drafting his successor sounds like a smart plan doesn’t it? 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this guy out this year with the injury?  If so wth is the point in drafting him and having to wait a year for him to play with so much talent left on the board?? Who knows if he even recovers properly.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Makes me wonder if we might move Hooker for a player.  We were receiving offers.  Maybe soon.  I still think the Hooker for Howard trade makes sense. 


Draft Taylor... let’s move Mack!

Draft Blackmon... let’s move Hooker!

 

No, this is called quality depth who can develop and take over in the future.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen Holder posted his write up on Twitter.  This has all the ear marks of a development player for the Colts.  I think he’s being drafted to be developed into Hooker’s replacement over the long run.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

In watching his tape, it looks to me like he’s best suited as a SS.

 

Reminds me a little of the way Bob Sanders played.  He may end up like Bob too, showing flashes of greatness in between long absences due to injury because of how he plays.  :dunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites

We didnt like the Willis pick last year and it turned out fine. Didnt know who the hell EJ Speed was and he made the team. Give the kid a chance.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, k9copinmd said:

So is this guy out this year with the injury?  If so wth is the point in drafting him and having to wait a year for him to play with so much talent left on the board?? Who knows if he even recovers properly.

 

Polian did this with Bob Sanders and it worked out pretty well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

 

Breakdown of his play last season transitioning to Safety.

 

Pittman mossing  Blackmon in this video... NSFW footage here haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


What YOU see on tape and what the scouts and coaches see are two completely different things. It doesn’t remotely make sense that he would play SS. For one Willis has already solidified himself as the starting SS moving forward. Secondly we all know that this is Hookers final contract year and we don’t know that the organization will pick up his 5th year option so drafting his successor sounds like a smart plan doesn’t it? 

That doesn’t change the fact that I see a SS. Maybe he does replace Hooker. Maybe not. I see a SS, you see a FS, and neither of us know what the Colts FO sees!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, James said:


Draft Taylor... let’s move Mack!

Draft Blackmon... let’s move Hooker!

 

No, this is called quality depth who can develop and take over in the future.

You think they drafted Taylor in the second round so he can back up Mack? They already have depth at running back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VaAllDay757 said:

Willis is taking geathers spot

Willis took the starting job last year, not what I meant.  I meant as a backup.  Geathers was the primary back up last year at safety.  That was also before I knew this kid was hurt.  With his injury and read more about him he’s development guy who I think the Colts are eyeing to replace Hooker one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Willis took the starting job last year, not what I meant.  I meant as a backup.  Geathers was the primary back up last year at safety.  That was also before I knew this kid was hurt.  With his injury and read more about him he’s development guy who I think the Colts are eyeing to replace Hooker one day.

If hooker stays healthy this is just a depth guy he's a 3rd round pick for a reason some people are overreacting on this one

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • yikes doesnt look good    https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2020/09/nfl-has-first-covid-19-outbreak-titans-report-8-new-cases-shut-down-team-activities.html
    • Yeah. Lamar is a front runner. If he has to come from behind, he gets flustered and their OL is not the same since Osemele left the Ravens (for of course the Chiefs). I would have thought the Ravens would have gotten their run game going first before anything else but Lamar and the Ravens chose to not play to his strengths which is running to open up wide open passing lanes.
    • Do you want to dress three QBs on game day? Probably not, right? Especially with the injuries at virtually every other position (specifically on offense). The only time you dress three QBs on game day is if your starter has an iffy injury situation.   Since the reason for having a backup QB dressed on game day is to have someone ready to take over in case your starter goes down, isn't it reasonable that QB2 is Jacoby Brissett? He's the backup QB for a reason.    So unless the coach is able to predict that you'll be winning by four scores in the fourth quarter, and that your starter will not go down during the game, it's hard to project a situation in which your third string QB is going to be active on game day. And if he's not active, he can't play in a blowout in the fourth quarter.   Case closed.   Also, it's good for JB to get a few series on the field, especially this year. He had no preseason, just like everybody else. If he has to actually do his job and take over for Rivers at some point, it's better that he had a couple drives at some point this year.   Lastly, I don't understand what the rush is to get Eason on the field. I'd love to see him get some snaps here and there, but there's no reason to force it. They drafted him to sit behind Rivers and JB this year. It's unlikely that he'll be active unless Rivers or JB are hurt going into game day. 
    • It really depends on who is out. If it's a QB who's future overall is in doubt then by all means look to the draft. But if it's a young decent QB (like potentially Lock?) then perhaps they look at someone like JB. Remember that usually when a team does so poorly they're able to draft a superstar QB, that whole regime ends up getting replaced. So for now, the current regime will be doing everything they can to win so they don't get fired.
    • Are they as good as the numbers?  I wouldn't say so.  On Sunday, it felt more like a case of bad offensive play and mistakes from the Jets than elite defensive play from the Colts.  To be a legit top 10 type defense, they have to get something from Turay or Banogu.  They need that player who flashes off the edge.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...