Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts take Jonathan Taylor RB

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) Tweeted: Chris Ballard got two first rounders in the 2nd Round. Ballard is as good as it gets. https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB/status/1253834232184614912?s=20

CFB - Most Rushing Attempts (Career)   Notable names to have successful NFL careers w more carries than Jonathan Taylor (926)   1. Tony Dorsett (1163) 2. Hershel Walker (994)

I don't think this has anything to do about Mack. I think it effects Wilkins more imo. Mack and Taylor are gonna be an awesome tandam

Posted Images

I don't think this has anything to do about Mack. I think it effects Wilkins more imo. Mack and Taylor are gonna be an awesome tandam

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Calmack said:

But I like Mack :(

Taylor is literally an all around better version of Mack :(.. Hands and all... 

Yeah, Taylor is better than Mack coming out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like the idea of a 2nd on a RB.  Not sure I like the player.  Wisconsin backs never seem to live up to the hype.

I think part is they play in a friendly offense behind a dominate OL.  They also have a lot of mileage.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Weird decision to move up for a RB. Even to take a RB here...

But great prospect. Taylor is a better version of every back we have on our roster right now, assuming he translates to the NFL. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I don't think this anything on Mack. I think it effects Wilkins more imo. Mack and Taylor are gonna be an awesome tandam

This right here. Duo tandems are very good for football, not very good for fantasy football though, haha  I like the pick!

• Like 1
Just now, CR91 said:

I don't think this anything on Mack. I think it effects Wilkins more imo. Mack and Taylor are gonna be an awesome tandam

it isn’t this year. It is next year. Mack will be getting his second contract elsewhere, I would think. But this will be a fun running game to watch. I thought at times we lacked a strong two punch rushing attack, and we obviously lacked a good big receiver with Funchess hurt. We addressed both of those with very talented athletes. Very interested to see what we do from here out. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Impossible to know

He is more complete, offers more in passing game.

Hopefully he’ll be as good as Mack in the NFL.

Wow really good pick actually even though I don't like going RB early. He is arguable the top RB in this draft, and could be the next elite RB in the NFL, especially behind this OL.

Wonder when Ballard and the coaching staff soured on Marlon Mack. Possibly could be because of his numerous injuries. RB room will be super deep and talented this year for sure!

• Like 3
Just now, esmort said:

Better players at better positions were there ..smh

Not according to Ballard.

Clear BPA as they traded UP!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, James said:

He is more complete, offers more in passing game.

Hopefully he’ll be as good as Mack in the NFL.

With his talent, he should be elite in the NFL. 

• Like 2
Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’m not huge on giving our 5th round pick up.

Ballard can easily get back a pick around there by trading down slightly with their 3rd or 4th rounder. 

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

it isn’t this year. It is next year. Mack will be getting his second contract elsewhere, I would think. But this will be a fun running game to watch. I thought at times we lacked a strong two punch rushing attack, and we obviously lacked a good big receiver with Funchess hurt. We addressed both of those with very talented athletes. Very interested to see what we do from here out. 

Or it gives the colts leverage when it comes time to do a contract. 

• Like 2